• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    The aerospace industry went though and is continuing to go though a contraction where there are fewer total companies.
    (Sturm) Ruger is a large player but I wonder how this plays into their bigger plan.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Modernized lever gun that takes AR mags, has a MLOK forend, threaded barrel, optics rail, and a stock like a Magpul SGA... make it happen, Ruger. Bonus points if it's in 458 SOCOM.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I would love to see ruger branded or ruger inspired cowboy style lever actions. That would go nicely with my New Vaqueros!

This is what I want.

Modernized lever gun that takes AR mags, has a MLOK forend, threaded barrel, optics rail, and a stock like a Magpul SGA... make it happen, Ruger. Bonus points if it's in 458 SOCOM.

This is what we’ll probably get.

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I'm confident the Marlins will be made well like everything else Ruger. It's a shame how Remington was run into the ground. That is what happens when a company gets purchased by the wrong people.

Capt-D

Aug 13, 2012
    Would be nice for them to buy the rights to the H&R Ultra Slug and start producing them again while they are at it!

-D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They did .

In fairly short order H&R was purchased by Marlin, which was in turn purchased by the then corporate parent of Remington .

Under Marlin ownership , H&R/ NEF was left to operate more or less independently . Remington decided the H&R sub- subdivision didn't fit their larger plans , and shut it down .

Oops , I should have specified H&R 1871 . The original H&R went bankrupt in the 1980's , not long after introducing the .32H&R Magnum . H&R1871 emerged afterwards with the name and intellectual property .

dink

Mar 30, 2014
    No they didn't purchase H&R. Ruger only purchased Marlin, nothing else.

The other asset purchases involve: Roundhill Group LLC buying the non-Marlin firearms business for $13 million; Sierra Bullets LLC paying $30.5 million for its Barnes ammunition business; JJE Capital Holdings LLC for the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC and Parker brands; Franklin Armory Holdings LLC for the Bushmaster brand and related assets; and Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. for the Tapco brands.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    You will see more of this in the future, as gun MFGs get more pressure to not make certain models and Liberal States make things more difficult to own any gun. MD will be next to create more Liberal gun laws that do not work. Just hope that a Republican gets elected in place of Hogan. MD is NY lite and is leaning more in the NY direction of making things more difficult for responsible gun owners. You will see that MD will require a permit to buy a gun like NY and NJ as stuff rolls down hill. I hope I am wrong but MD has been infringing on our gun rights more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom