• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    I wouldn't hold my breath hoping there is intervention from him.

It was sarcasm on my part. I assume braces will go once Biden gets in though so I’m not saying he’ll be any better on this issue.

jokie

May 27, 2020
    A in AA
    So let's say someone has a Q Honey badger. Does removal of the brace make his Honey badger legal again? Asking for a friend.

Last edited:

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Bad on Q if they did not submit to atf to start with. I think the rules are bogus regardless but that is another conversation. I would like to know who put up a red flag and put this pistol under the nose of the ATF. Who has that kind of time? I agree that this is one step closer to turning law abiding citizens into felons for owning something that was ruled 100 percent legal. All it will take is a mass shooting with a pistol braced AR to gain national attention. I sincerely hope that Barrett will get on the court, gun laws will be heard and this stuff can be put to bed.

I wouldn't count on the courts to "save us".

I'm actually hoping for 30 round standard mags to be banned. Only when we are all felons will we have one loud voice. Until then, people won't care because "I don't have that gun". People seem to be ok with hanging separately.

^^^^^^
    "We Must Hang Together Or Surely We Shall Hang Separately"

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I wouldn't count on the courts to "save us".

I'm actually hoping for 30 round standard mags to be banned. Only when we are all felons will we have one loud voice. Until then, people won't care because "I don't have that gun". People seem to be ok with hanging separately.

^^^^^^
    "We Must Hang Together Or Surely We Shall Hang Separately"

The hanging separately part is a big problem. Getting people to just pay attention and act is hard to do.

:lol2:You guys are a hoot!!

Attachments

• q vs atf.jpg
      q vs atf.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 553

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    The right response for this is to say the ATF hates people with disabilities. Force them to explain why possessing guns which make shooting safely practical for people with disabilities is worthy of a felony and any company that tries to help should be shuttered.

They picked Q because it doesn’t have deep pockets for an army of lawyers or a large Gov contract. They don’t even have that many customers. The picked Q to set a precedent.

This is the very worst of their worst. Frankly all they really have to do is create uncertainty. Braces are mostly bought by people who have a basic understanding of the rules and have something to lose if they get caught breaking them. That type of person won't risk buying something that the ATF could change their mind on next week without explanation.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The problem with laws is they are constantly being interpreted. In the courts.

The problem with regulations is they’re broad, vague and subject to myriad Interpretations where opportunity for infringement is epic.

The trouble with lawmakers is that the above is intentional. Laws are written to be vague, and responsibility for interpretation is handed off to the regulators because the legislators lack the grit and the wit to take a firm stand. Kick it down the road and make the courts try to interpret what the legislators intend.

10point

Mar 24, 2014
    Cecil county
    This is a retail weapon right I/E honey badger ,what if you build your own are you subject to the same ********. Would only use for home protection.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    This is a retail weapon right I/E honey badger ,what if you build your own are you subject to the same ********. Would only use for home protection.
    Ask the ATF. J/k, don’t do that.

This is the problem with braces being in a legal gray area that is also heavily political. Personally I would do nothing, as I think the ATF is going to end up regretting doing this, even if things don’t go Q’s way. If you’re really worried about it, get people to take some pictures of you firing it with the brace strapped to your arm. Prob won’t help much but it’ll make for good TV if you get charged.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    The right response for this is to say the ATF hates people with disabilities. Force them to explain why possessing guns which make shooting safely practical for people with disabilities is worthy of a felony and any company that tries to help should be shuttered.

The ATF hates people with disabilities, particularly wounded veterans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom