• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You guys are killing me lol ... some of us schmucks are working
    I work all year with little break. I save up vacation and extra days just for deer season. Luckily I have a wonderful wife who puts up with my mania(she's had 44 years to adjust to it :D).

Shot a proper doe today so I'm done for today. Striper fishing tomorrow!

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I work all year with little break. I save up vacation and extra days just for deer season. Luckily I have a wonderful wife who puts up with my mania(she's had 44 years to adjust to it :D).

Nice! Saw the doe in the Bambi thread, nice big one.

I haven't seen anything since about 10:40. Assuming midday has gone quiet. I'm hanging out until sundown going to get some looks when things start to chill down again. If I'm empty handed today, I'll be back out tomorrow evening with a buddy on some property he hunts.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Nice! Saw the doe in the Bambi thread, nice big one.

I haven't seen anything since about 10:40. Assuming midday has gone quiet. I'm hanging out until sundown going to get some looks when things start to chill down again. If I'm empty handed today, I'll be back out tomorrow evening with a buddy on some property he hunts.
    Sounds like a solid plan.
    I firmly believe, if you are in the right place, it is only a matter of waiting. The deer will come. Sounds like you have found the right place. :thumbsup:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Delaware opener today, foggy misty little warm.
    Lots of activity this morning plenty of action.

Some of the boys just headed back out after the morning hunt.
    Hard to tell whose more wound up, the hunters or the deer.
    Couple of older guys, a few of the younger bunch mixed in.

Running out of primers, arguing over stands, leaving truck doors open, riding around on the gator(s)
    Shooting at does, letting them walk, too small to shoot, does need shot off.
    Were managing deer,No that stands in Maryland you cant go there,No were not- wait for the big one doesn't matter, walking in at dark where all the deer are, Why are they looking now, possible Biden voter that guy, not sure-who cares should have got more pictures, don't worry they have to work on Monday and so it goes....

Soon it will be dark- will be counting heads as they roll in, flat- horned- human long as they all come back.

Someones bound to get a big one they're probably all ran out from last night and will be on the sniff from here on out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Delaware opener today, foggy misty little warm.
    Lots of activity this morning plenty of action.

Some of the boys just headed back out after the morning hunt.
    Hard to tell whose more wound up, the hunters or the deer.
    Couple of older guys, a few of the younger bunch mixed in.

Running out of primers, arguing over stands, leaving truck doors open, riding around on the gator(s)
    Shooting at does, letting them walk, too small to shoot, does need shot off.
    Were managing deer,No that stands in Maryland you cant go there,No were not- wait for the big one doesn't matter, walking in at dark where all the deer are, Why are they looking now, possible Biden voter that guy, not sure-who cares should have got more pictures, don't worry they have to work on Monday and so it goes....

Soon it will be dark- will be counting heads as they roll in, flat- horned- human long as they all come back.

Someones bound to get a big one they're probably all ran out from last night and will be on the sniff from here on out.

That read like poetry. Pretty damn good DoCo!
    Mind if I Bidenize that?
    :D

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa

Striper fishing? Dam you! :D

Just kidding. I envy you guys out there at this time of the year. I wanted to make a Striper trip but the covid crap has ruined those plans.

Give a report for us unfortunate ones.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    That read like poetry. Pretty damn good DoCo!
    Mind if I Bidenize that?
    :D

Haha the poor Biden guy, hope he knocks one right down so he doesn't need help looking for it!
    There was talk of sending him back up to Middletown but they let him slide I guess. Prolly regrets opening his mouth up about that one by now.
    Good times.
    They're all having a hell of a time over there so far.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Just kidding. I envy you guys out there at this time of the year. I wanted to make a Striper trip but the covid crap has ruined those plans.

Will do. Capt. told me they caught them pretty good today, but tomorrow is a different day...:o

Last edited:

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    This has been one of the wildest years in recent memory. I've seen more chasing and more bucks this year than I have in the last 15. Maybe its just because I am home more, but even my cameras are catching a ton of action.

I've got an old neighbor and his daughter coming to hunt tomorrow morning. Im hoping they see half the action Ive been seeing over the past few weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Went yesterday morning and there was hoof skid marks all over, they are running. A button was patrolling everywhere smelling where they had run. A bunch of does walked up past me into the bedding area. Then an eight came behind me and I tried to turn, he spotted a bit of motion, got un easy and walked away. I forgot to grunt him in my excitement. 1/2 hour later I see a butt down by the creek. It moves I see a rack, just a fork with a nice body. One doe bleat and he was lead in like on a lead. I got a minute of video from him at 15 yards and was going to share it here but Vimeo was not uploading from my phone for some reason. He was smelling the ground in front of me where the does were and liking his lips like the young perv he is. ;)

They are horny and crazy in Washington County.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Most of the ice melted yesterday in the area I like to rattle at. I tried a real nice spot on a saddle between a couple of ravines. I think some guy may have walked down the saddle before me because the leaves were disturbed. I didn't see or hear anyone though. I rattled for about a half hour and heard one sound like a branch breaking to my right but didn't see anything. There was one truck parked on the dirt road leading to the area. I walked along a ridge for about an hour and didn't see anything. I did hear several shots probably about a mile away so someone was seeing deer.

I'll try again tomorrow. I really just want to see if I can draw in a buck by rattling. Not sure if I'll take the buck or not. I really want to focus on a couple of bucks I already have sort of patterned.

BTW there is a new group of out of state hunters around again but I'm still gonna rattle..

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I've been watching Bucks out by 3:30 being stupid, yesterday around 10am I watch a doe being chased by a basket 8 and he really wanted that ass.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

We got our limit. Landed two keepers as we were putting the rods out. Then we left feeding fish to go find feeding fish(and we only needed one more???:crazy:) and farted around for 3 hours with no takes, so we went back to where we caught the first two and had our third keeper on our first pass!. Done by noon(shoulda been done by 0800!).
    :shrug: ________

I let this guy walk yesterday. There are two bigger ones out there. One much bigger. I may not be so patient the next time.

Attachments

• 11140841.jpg
      11140841.jpg
      74.7 KB · Views: 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads