What Ruger PC Carbines mods/upgrades have you done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland

Rebel59

Hater of Kings and Queens
    Apr 8, 2018
    Went fishing
    Recommend : replace the extractor with better quality one. Add extended bolt handle, and one of those keyhole forarms. Almost forgot, they also have aftermarket bolt head retaining pins made of much harder steal.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'd eventually like to put mine into one of the Magpul backpacker stocks.

For now the only mod is adding a Sig Romeo 5.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I got a bigger magwell, brake, extended charging handle installed on the left, and cheek riser. The iron sights were removed and it now has an Eotech on it. I still need a better trigger pack, but that's probably not going to happen this year. Yes, I used it a lot.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I installed new locking receiver pins, muzzle brake, trigger assembly pins, extended bolt stop,mag release and charging handle, new ejector, Sampson full length ramp for the Holosun site, sling and cheek riser + Mag Holder for stock. Atlas Bipod isn't part of the package and will find a home elsewhere. Most of the accessories I bought between M-Carbo and Tandemkross. After returning the rifle to Ruger 3 times, it now runs fine.

Attachments

• Resized_20200820_045648(1)001.jpg
      Resized_20200820_045648(1)001.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 1,301
    • Resized_20201024_112157.jpg
      Resized_20201024_112157.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 1,159
    • Resized_20201024_112328.jpg
      Resized_20201024_112328.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 1,151
    Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Am I the only one that gets hung up on the PCC sized mags seated into a mag well that looks like it was made for longer rifle rounds? That aesthetic nag always plucks my nerves.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Threads like this are bad to have in your head especially when you happen to see one on the rack in a LGS when picking up a brand new LCP II .22 from 7 day jail...

Brand new PC Carbine Takedown came home as well...

Attachments

• 23E45514-1873-4A2D-9C89-5790865C19B4.jpg
      23E45514-1873-4A2D-9C89-5790865C19B4.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 1,223

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Threads like this are bad to have in your head especially when you happen to see one on the rack in a LGS when picking up a brand new LCP II .22 from 7 day jail...

Brand new PC Carbine Takedown came home as well...

Think of it as companionship for your firearms... I once used the excuse that all my other firearms were dirty and I needed a clean one. ;)

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I started accounts and filled up shopping carts at both Tandemcross and mcarbo to compare apples to apples. MCarbo emailed me a 10% off coupon to entice me. Over time, I'll probably pick up stuff from both.

A muzzle brake/compensator, extractor, various replacement pens, and extended bolt charger handle will probably be the first purchase for me. First I want to shoot it stock for a little while, to appreciate the upgrades.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Think I’ll shoot mine a bit before I try anything, as I keep scoring 9mm I should be willing to sacrifice some. Initial thoughts- Great balance and stock sights even if a bit on the heavy side. Feels like it’ll be more of an accurate instinctive point and shooter vs my Sub2K. Changed out the mag well already for the Glock one, tried several sizes of mags- from G26 10rd, G17 17rd, and the 33rd happy sticks and still felt well balanced with all.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    It's about a pound heavier than a beretta cx-4, but the weights on the receiver end and doesn't bother me so far. Probably won't be doing any mag dumps till things calm down after the election. Love the takedown portability. Already have a couple red dots laying around looking for a home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Also an excellent option for a car or truck gun- effective caliber, mag fed capacity, portability and concealability.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I started accounts and filled up shopping carts at both Tandemcross and mcarbo to compare apples to apples. MCarbo emailed me a 10% off coupon to entice me. Over time, I'll probably pick up stuff from both.

A muzzle brake/compensator, extractor, various replacement pens, and extended bolt charger handle will probably be the first purchase for me. First I want to shoot it stock for a little while, to appreciate the upgrades.

Let me know what you think of the MCarbo and TK upgrades. My BIL swears by MCarbo on his Sub 2K. I will be picking up some similar items shortly. I just picked up the PCC chassis model yesterday. Already thinking an extended mag release and larger charging handle are in order (along with swapping the charging handle to the left side). Will likely add a hand stop or grip as well. Without irons, the first addition has to be an optic though.

Attachments

• PCC.jpg
      PCC.jpg
      41.9 KB · Views: 526

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Those are great AR features on your stock model. Kinda making wish I'd held off and got one like that from the jump. I'm still glad to have picked one up though.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Ruger definitely did a good job integrating AR features, IMO. The stock and handguide are nice touches. I'd been waiting about 6 months for this model to come back in stock and finally lucked out earlier this week and jumped on it. I even got a nice delivery of 9mm this week. On the guns and ammo front, this week has been a weeklong version of Ice Cube's "good day". Nice change from the usual availability issues on most items this year so far.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Let me know what you think of the MCarbo and TK upgrades. My BIL swears by MCarbo on his Sub 2K. I will be picking up some similar items shortly. I just picked up the PCC chassis model yesterday. Already thinking an extended mag release and larger charging handle are in order (along with swapping the charging handle to the left side). Will likely add a hand stop or grip as well. Without irons, the first addition has to be an optic though.

If I were to get a Ruger PCC, that would be the perfect setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom