• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The last sentence i agree with , but Mic i would change to keyboard . Both of us may be full of chit then . I want to Thank You for your service as well and glad you saved me from pissing my pants . Most of what you posted is opinion based just like what i have posted .

2A was and is in place to even out a balance of power more or less an equalizer for men & women for rich and poor and certainly for all colors . But like you say we are entitled to our opinions and our guns .Welcome to MDS

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Nope, my oath to the same Constitution was made with the full knowledge that the Bill of Rights were specifically crafted to restrict the federal government's encroachment on individual liberties.

Does having that bad a case of cognitive dissonance physically hurt? Because it should. If it did, a lot of toxic political nonsense would have been avoided over the last couple of centuries.

Your "full knowledge" is directly at odds with what you say is your "personal belief." That means you were lying when you took the oath.

EDIT: THIS COMMENT IS A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE! Mistook MJD438 for the OP. Clearly I do not deserve the rights to speak, and should pass that off to government approved professionals. Sorry, MJD!

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Does having that bad a case of cognitive dissonance physically hurt? Because it should. If it did, a lot of toxic political nonsense would have been avoided over the last couple of centuries.

Your "full knowledge" is directly at odds with what you say is your "personal belief." That means you were lying when you took the oath.

I think you're mixing-up posts.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think you're mixing-up posts.

By Jove, you're right! See, this is GREAT example of why the freedom to speak should be limited only to government-employed speakers and writers. I'm sure the OP will agree with me :)

Edited the comment above. Mea culpa!

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

EDIT: THIS COMMENT IS A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE! Mistook MJD438 for the OP. Clearly I do not deserve the rights to speak, and should pass that off to government approved professionals. Sorry, MJD!

My neck was turning red until that last paragraph, then I started laughing my ass off in the truck. All good, sir! Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Occam covered the basics of the history you need to study.

Here's some grammar:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, "

This is a subordinate clause. It can't stand as a sentence on its own. It is additional information. It is the why... the reason for the main clause which follows.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

This is the main clause of the sentence. It conveys the main idea. It can also stand by itself as a whole sentence. It is the what.

The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm. It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms.

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

If your interpretation were correct, it would say:

"the right of the militia to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

It does not. It says people. Which people? It doesn't restrict it any further. It merely says 'the people'. It means all of the people. In other words, it LITERALLY means what you claim it does not:

"the right of every Tom, Dick, and Harry to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

Beancounter

Jul 8, 2012
    If you believe the second amendment is only a "collective right" (which in truth is only a permission, not a right), then ALL of the constitution is only a "collective right" and not an individual right.

If you believe this, you are wrong. If you don't understand this, you are stupid.

The second was specifically added to ensure that "We the people" had the means to overthrow a government, by force of arms, if it became necessary, again.

So many people, not just on this board but in the US, are just ignorant. Ignorance can be cured; stupidity is chronic.
    :
    Those of you who keep blaming "the dems", "the libs", "the fill in the blank": YOU are at fault. YOU are responsible for electing and trying to reelect a king. YOU sat quietly when the king banned a piece of plastic. YOU sat quietly when the king said he could pardon himself. YOU, through your slavish devotion to a party and not to a country, made it possible for a king to take office. Some of you are the "suckers and losers". Some of you won't even risk your paycheck because "I have family to take care of" but you will sure as hell blame everyone else for everything else: JUST NOT YOU!

For those who have ever read history or even just watched movies and asked yourselves "How could a country all that to happen"? Just look outside. Better still, just look at a mirror.

YOU have allowed it, you have fostered it, you now have it and now YOU own it.

Good luck: you are going to need it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Occam covered the basics of the history you need to study.

Here's some grammar:

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, "

This is a subordinate clause. It can't stand as a sentence on its own. It is additional information. It is the why... the reason for the main clause which follows.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

This is the main clause of the sentence. It conveys the main idea. It can also stand by itself as a whole sentence. It is the what.

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

If your interpretation were correct, it would say:

"the right of the militia to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed"

It does not. It says people. Who are the people? It doesn't restrict it any further. It means all people. In other words, it LITERALLY means what you claim it does not:

"the right of every Tom, Dick, and Harry to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."
    Who you calling Richard??

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    Militia: The Citizens.
    Right to keep and bear arms: Preexisting right, from the Magna Carta - English common law, the basis of our own laws, and generally recognized by the Founding Fathers.

Since a MILITIA is all of us, it could not be "well regulated" unless the Citizens could own and USE implements of defense. Colonials OWNED cannon and muskets. It was the plain meaning of the 2nd that the Citizens should be armed with the same weaponry as an Army

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Understand that this guy is intentionally hitting on every single troll maneuver in the books.

1. Speak from a position of authority.
    2. Speak from a position of intelligence.
    3. Use of the "you're a racist" talking point. How 2020.

Seriously, it's all yours folks.

Statist pricks like this are the EXACT reason for the 2nd amendment.:mad54:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Understand that this guy is intentionally hitting on every single troll maneuver in the books.

1. Speak from a position of authority.
    2. Speak from a position of intelligence.
    3. Use of the "you're a racist" talking point. How 2020.

Seriously, it's all yours folks.

Statist pricks like this are the EXACT reason for the 2nd amendment.:mad54:

He is no Seal - Ranger or other Spook just a broke anti-2A spokes person or works for Maryland government

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    OP thank you for your service (if you actually served, which I doubt)
    This is for you.
    7d869cb7d42527b906f4202b14933b3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Before I get into this, I am an Army Vet, I've been around the world 5x, and been on a two way range a few times. I'm an NRA member, and have enough guns to be happy, and I love shooting.

I've lurked around this board for years, never commenting simply cause the temperament of this forum. For the most part, this forum promotes the type of paranoia, and fear mongering that spreads and perpetuates racism, and bigotry in America.

The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm. It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms. The "Well Regulated" is referring to properly trained, supplied, and disciplined citizens. The "Militia", a group of citizen "soldiers" that can fill the ranks of our regular army. The right of the people, to keep and bear arms, simply refers to those people who are in the militia, with the idea of protecting the land from foreign governments and enemies the same.. reserve military.

The 2nd was not based on some lose interpretation of some British constitution. It was specifically written to create the idea of having basically a reserve army. It was NOT intended to create this mass hysteria of raising your guns to our government, and everyone having guns to just have guns.

Often times we argue about Dems vs Republicans in this idea that Dems want to take guns, but no one ever has any real proof yet we allow this to divide and often influence decisions. The right, so interpreted by our law makers gives you the ability to have such firearms, why bicker about it? You have your right now, buy what you can and be happy.

It is my personal belief, the only people that should have firearms are those that are willing to stand in the Armed Forces and fight for the country. Fat Bob isn't going to do it, slacked jawed Becky isn't going to do it, neither is De'Onte, or a Sharita.. who will are the able bodied Americans, whether Black, Asian, White, Latin American or other.

The so called "Patriots" and "Oath Keepers", are keeping what oath exactly? They are not keeping any military oath, nor any citizen oath. Education is free here: Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution. Citizenship Oath = Help in a NON COMBATANT form to defend the entire body of the US.

In all, we are all Americans, and all willing to fight foreign govts. Reading some of the posts on this forum is a sense sickening, to see people all to willing to take up arms against other Americans cause you may or may not have to register your guns.

I took a real oath 4x, and volunteered 5x for missions most of the 2A nuts piss their beds about. I have yet to fathom the idea of arming myself to fight our Govt, that's called a Coupe.. and not any part of any oath I took. Nor have I thought I would have to arm myself to fight other Americans cause of a very valid election process.

Of course this will piss people off, they have Midol for that, take two and relax. Just my opinion, and simple observation... we are all entitled to our beliefs, that's what makes America Great, not some foolish loudmouth with a mic.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion even if its 100% WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom