• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dink

Mar 30, 2014
    Agree with weighing your charges. The Lee dippers work well, but actually seeing how much powder it takes to move a tenth of a grain is enlightening, hahaha. I actually haven't tried to use just the straight dippers and see how repeatable I can get though. A little Franklin DSA-750 scale now runs about $30...I've found it useful for many other things as well. I have a bunch of perfectly sized test tubes for holding your charges...if you need any just PM me.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What are y'all thoughts on the CVA Wolf Break Action Muzzleloader with Konus Scope?

Can't speak to the Konus. IIRC they make decent scopes. My ML is a Wolf. Love it. Gotten 6 years of great use out of it.

My 2 cents is get the BH209 breech plug, use sabots and Black Horn 209 powder (CCI magnum 209 primers or Winchester standard 209 primers).

Very little cleaning. Not corrosive. You can fire a bunch of shots before fouling is any concern. Extremely accurate.

I can put 3 shots in to one ragged hole at 50yds with a 1-4x scope. Nice and light and compact. No reason to need some 28-30" barreled ML around here unless you hunt bean fields.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I know 3 guys who have a Wolf.They are all very accurate out to 100 yrds......dont know the loads.The Konus might be "ok" but I would upgrade if I were you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom