• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    And for the record, let's give a shoutout to our MDS Lurkers at the MSP. Captain Rossignol, Sergeant Bonell, Lt Lacy, First Sergeant Pickle, Sr. Trooper Lazuick, Trooper Taylor and everyone's favorite, Trooper Fotay. Licensing Divison represent!

Watch this case with us gents.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Well here we go again. Of course our time at 4CA might be very short due to past rulings on the subject and 4CA might be honor bound to follow them. I would rather take our chances at SCOTUS now..

Gotta go through the process and get denied at this level, appeal and get denied at the 4th before we can even think about asking SCOTUS to take the case.

In the first step, we get a chance to pack the record with everything we can in an effort to get a ruling in our favor at each and every level, including SCOTUS.

This will be a long and drawn out process, unless the groups are looking to express route this suit.

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I was so excited to read the email from MSI this morning!!
    I am in total support of this effort.
    I upped my membership level with MSI and donated a little extra to the cause.

Last edited:

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    It should take no time at all to be denied by the 4th Circuit. The whole point behind this is to get a fresh rejection to present to the Supreme Court.

Thanks MSI. Donation sent.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    It should take no time at all to be denied by the 4th Circuit. The whole point behind this is to get a fresh rejection to present to the Supreme Court.

Thanks MSI. Donation sent.

Agreed. I’m sure MD will try to make a big deal about a lack of a record, but these plaintiffs were denied. Arguing over percentages of applicants who supplied proper cause just isn’t part of the right.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Agreed. I’m sure MD will try to make a big deal about a lack of a record, but these plaintiffs were denied. Arguing over percentages of applicants who supplied proper cause just isn’t part of the right.

Also agree, but as far as fast tracking, as was mentioned in another post, I'm guessing flush will try to drag this out as long as he possibly can with the makeup of the SCOTUS being what it is (at the moment).
    From a layman's perspective, this certainly looks like the best opportunity we've had in a very long time to move this suit, and similar ones like it, forward,
    Unfortunately, the elephant in the room is what happens in the GA runoff election. If the REPs lose the Senate, there may be any number of additional Supremes added to the SC roster, which adds to the argument for flush dragging this process out as long as possible. Fingers crossed.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Also agree, but as far as fast tracking, as was mentioned in another post, I'm guessing flush will try to drag this out as long as he possibly can with the makeup of the SCOTUS being what it is (at the moment).
    From a layman's perspective, this certainly looks like the best opportunity we've had in a very long time to move this suit, and similar ones like it, forward,
    Unfortunately, the elephant in the room is what happens in the GA runoff election. If the REPs lose the Senate, there may be any number of additional Supremes added to the SC roster, which adds to the argument for flush dragging this process out as long as possible. Fingers crossed.

This most likely won't see SCOTUS before 2027-2028 anyway unless everyone agrees to fast track this. So even if the Dems get the senate and proceed to pack it there may be time repack it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And for the record, let's give a shoutout to our MDS Lurkers at the MSP. Captain Rossignol, Sergeant Bonell, Lt Lacy, First Sergeant Pickle, Sr. Trooper Lazuick, Trooper Taylor and everyone's favorite, Trooper Fotay. Licensing Divison represent!

Watch this case with us gents.

WOW! That's a trip down memory lane! I bet they miss the donuts and cookies during the meet 'n greet after. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom