• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    All had to read was horse lady. I don't like to profile people but the horse people seem to be a little wacky and often well funded. They are like the dog people just with more money invested. Sounds like they are not going to become your allies. I would not respond in any way, just follow all the rules and don't shoot the neighbors or their horses. If you have contact with them maybe suggest that then call dnr and report you. If she stays on her side why do you care when she walks ? If your muzzle loader scares her horses maybe she should move them away from where you hunt. If you are tired of smelling horse sh## and getting stares in your deer stand maybe you should move it. Maybe she could buy your property or you buy hers so you can hunt in peace or her horses can live without fear of a once a year muzzle loader shot.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Just nail giant googly eyes to all the trees facing her property. Film the reactions and send us the video.
    This is the winner. Just for shiggles I put an old Summit out 25 ft from the property line as bait w a camera watching it. eventually her scent in the area might actually push the deer into my property instead of the border/fence route they often take. But this is definitely intended to f-up hunting. Otherwise she would not be focusing on making as much noise as she is literally stomping leaves as she walks + on that part of the property and only before sunset.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    How have you guys handled passive aggressive anti neighbor behavior? The crazy horse lady that stole neighboring hunter stands and threatened me with legal bs last season is back stomping around the property line 30 minutes before sundown every day. In the time I've owned and hunted the place she has never done this. She never looks up/into the treeline so Im not entirely sure she knows im back here or not. But it only started up this season. So far she has not stepped overthe line that is covered in no tresspassing signs. I'm thinking its time to setup a stand near the line and give her some grunts next hunt.
    5tsoBg8.jpg
    id start making sasquatch calls when shes there. Actually contact fish and game and report/call them in on her...

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Get some speakers and play that war movie song, dun dadaaan duh. I can't think of it off the top of my head.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Folks are allowed to walk their own property. I know that during this time it sucks if you are hunting near a perimeter of the properties.

I had a very nice hunting spot where the neighboring farmer's wife would do a walk like that. Purely for exercise as far as I could tell. I just stayed motionless and quiet in my stand.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Not all horse people are bat shit crazy antis....

Post a sign near her stomping ground warning that local deer ticks have now tested positive as Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) carriers, and she should stay away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought that intentionally interfering with legal hunting was illegal. Maybe film her pattern of behavior and take it up with DNR or whoever is the authority with jurisdiction.

Folks are allowed to walk their own property. I know that during this time it sucks if you are hunting near a perimeter of the properties.

I had a very nice hunting spot where the neighboring farmer's wife would do a walk like that. Purely for exercise as far as I could tell. I just stayed motionless and quiet in my stand.
    I know this is a gray area. Doesn’t intent have some bearing here? Her intent is not to take a walk, it’s to interfere with a legal hunt. I’d call DNR and run it by them.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    This time of year there is a large supply of road kills. Place one just inside your property line along where she walks. Between the vultures and the flies, her routine will be certainly require alteration and may give you peace to hunt for a few days. Of course, do not place it too close to, or upwind from your stand!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    If she looks sad and a friendly hay doesn’t cheer her up, inquire as to why the long face.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Fireworks like its fourth of July. Get mortars and just light them off in the woods without the tube, just like Antifa does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom