• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I certainly don't think we will see a ruling that just effectively legalizes the carry of firearms across the country. However if that were to happen I would think it would be the legalization of open carry, not concealed.

People forget that we had gun control laws in the late 18th century when this country was founded. Not all gun control laws are unconstitutional and we just have to see what they find that limit to be.

True, however, the courts need to heed the advice that the mere existence of a law cannot be the source of its constitutionality. The lefties always like to point out the existence of a law but has it been upheld by a court is the bigger question?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    about the late 18th century. Were the yactually laws? I know they really advised against conceal carry because back then it was considered uncouth and not gentlemanly. I would rather conceal. For some reason I feel if some bad apple came into a place where I was, the first thing he would do is search out or define who the defenders with sidearms where located and take of of them first. With conceal, no one knows.... unless you print like a 1970's tight pants pron star.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    True, however, the courts need to heed the advice that the mere existence of a law cannot be the source of its constitutionality. The lefties always like to point out the existence of a law but has it been upheld by a court is the bigger question?

True, I just think that the fact that those laws existed during those times and were widely accepted by the same people who adopted the 2nd Amendment does play some part in the constitutionality of it.

Besides that, there aren't any rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights that don't have some sort of limitation.

I would love a national concealed carry law, I just don't think that's going to ever happen nor do I think it's really constitutional, although I'd like it.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    They might recognize the bear of "keep and bear arms" and mandate all of America allow some sort of bearing arms. It might require at least one permitless option or mandate a shall issue permit system. This could force places to adopt a shall issue permit process or forsake the total bans on bearing arms in places like Baltimore and La Plata.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    True, I just think that the fact that those laws existed during those times and were widely accepted by the same people who adopted the 2nd Amendment does play some part in the constitutionality of it.

Besides that, there aren't any rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights that don't have some sort of limitation.

I would love a national concealed carry law, I just don't think that's going to ever happen nor do I think it's really constitutional, although I'd like it.

I think it may happen after a SCOTUS win for shall issue. Also, I think if the GOP is able to play things right 2024 could be a big year. Biden/Harris (or Harris/someone else) will be a weak ticket and 2024 is the year that the Dems are defending way more senate seats than the GOP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom