If anyone still has any doubts about Biden...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You would think and you would hope but judging from some of the posts that I've read here, on the vcdl Facebook page and on various other forums from gun owners across the country it doesn't appear that many would actually have the intestinal fortitude for such action. Nope, I'm sorry to say I don't believe any widespread uprising would take place. in fact I'm fairly certain there would be many gun owners including several right here that would be tripping over each other clamoring to be the first in line to turn over their firearms. There are some of us however who would rather die in a pile of hot brass and take as many of the bastards that we can with us in order to preserve the second amendment for future generations of americans.

So, preserving the 2A isn’t about going out in a blaze of glory when the ATF or the local dog catcher or whoever shows up to confiscate your AR-15. By the time that happens, the 2A is effectively already gone, and dying while killing the people out doing enforcement won’t put it back.

What you seem to be suggesting is that if the Dems take the senate and start working on what happens BEFORE all of that, that they should be murdered to preserve the 2A. Can you be clearer about this? You frequently talk like this, and then never actually say what you really mean. Who should be shooting at who, specifically? Are you talking about going to senators’ homes, or offices, and getting in a fire fight to sway legislation? Seriously: explain what you really mean.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Concerning confiscation, Joe Manchin is already on record in 2018 he would vote against it.
    West Virginia.. I bet that's a promise he'll keep.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So, preserving the 2A isn’t about going out in a blaze of glory when the ATF or the local dog catcher or whoever shows up to confiscate your AR-15. By the time that happens, the 2A is effectively already gone, and dying while killing the people out doing enforcement won’t put it back.

What you seem to be suggesting is that if the Dems take the senate and start working on what happens BEFORE all of that, that they should be murdered to preserve the 2A. Can you be clearer about this? You frequently talk like this, and then never actually say what you really mean. Who should be shooting at who, specifically? Are you talking about going to senators’ homes, or offices, and getting in a fire fight to sway legislation? Seriously: explain what you really mean.

without prejudice to any particular poster here, my own experiences is that the people saying "Molon Labe" are often just shirking pulling their wallet out, or getting to their US Congress member and state leglsilatyure members.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Concerning confiscation, Joe Manchin is already on record in 2018 he would vote against it.

I have a friend that lives in WV and he is a democrat that loves his guns. I know that is an oxymoron and I am placing a lot of emphasis on the "moron" part. Love the guy but he cannot get it through his head that dems leaders are constantly on the war path to ban his guns and rights. Many conversations I have had with him but he does not pay attention to politics or certain narratives. I have several other friends in WV that like guns and are dems as well. I am convinced that they are blinded by the "it will never happen in WV" mentality. Flashback to VA last year. I have managed to flip a few people and get them to see the light but there are a lot of gun owners out there that do not get it. The chisel is out constantly on all levels and dems cannot be trusted on any level. I am convinced that West Virginians can still blindly vote democrat due to the fact that WV has no large urban areas to push the typical gun control agenda, therefore, they feel safe. With all of the latest news regarding the Biden/democratic wishlist I see that I have more ammo to do another round of "see this sh!t. I keep trying to tell you!"

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If they can steal the presidency, they can steal the Senate. Pay attention to the official outcome of the presidential race. If Biden ever becomes President Biden, he will have a friendly Senate to work with. Manchin's resolve will crumble upon hearing the voice of Schumer aimed in his direction. That Senate will rubber stamp every leftist dream you can imagine, then some.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Well it is a position he took when it would not have mattered. When he made that statement the Dems did not have majority and the leadership would have let him vote however he wanted. If a leglistaltive bill is going to get maximum 45% of votes or ifd it is going to get enough to pass without the member, then purple or at risk members of that party are allowed to go off the party line. Same as Collins being allowed to do generally as she likes when it doesn't have an impact on final outcome, but not so much when it does. If the Dems get 50 seats plus Harris and therefore control then Manchin will NOT be allowed to break leglistaltive effort.

manchin is not up until fall 2024, so he is actually at prime period of "independence" from voters fo rthe next two years.

If they get control Chuck Schumer will be the Senate Majority leader and we will be in unprecedented in breadth and effect anti-2A territory and manchin will not stand in the way of schumer

Schumer isn't like Harry Reid.
    Reid was among the the most pro 2A among Democrat leaders and Schumer the most anti-2A. Reid is from Nevada and Schumer is from NYC. As far as Schumer is concerned it isn't about background checks, "high capacity" mags, or "assault rifles." he is dead set against ANYONE possessing any kind of handgun and for that matter any gun at all.

Schumer is going to decide how Manchin votes because he will be able to burn manchin down if he doesn't, and fill manchins campaign coffers to the brim as long as manchin tows the party line.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    Although I don't own any of the firearms that these proposals are talking about such as AR-15s and AK-47s, I am steadfastly against these proposals on constitutional grounds. If they ban AR-15's with "high capacity banana clips", what's to say that they won't try and ban my break barrel single shot 12 gauge goose gun?

You are correct IMOP. They won’t stop with any specific weapon. Just look at the history of the bans in other places. Pump shotguns are banned in most. Single shots are highly regulated. The problem with some owners (primarily Fudds) is they say I do not own this or that and they won’t ban mine, until they do.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

Well maybe. If he’s the deciding vote all bets are off.

If it’s already decided he’ll vote against. I would look at his other votes, he waits until the very last minute to vote.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I have a friend that lives in WV and he is a democrat that loves his guns. I know that is an oxymoron and I am placing a lot of emphasis on the "moron" part. Love the guy but he cannot get it through his head that dems leaders are constantly on the war path to ban his guns and rights. Many conversations I have had with him but he does not pay attention to politics or certain narratives. I have several other friends in WV that like guns and are dems as well. I am convinced that they are blinded by the "it will never happen in WV" mentality. Flashback to VA last year. I have managed to flip a few people and get them to see the light but there are a lot of gun owners out there that do not get it. The chisel is out constantly on all levels and dems cannot be trusted on any level. I am convinced that West Virginians can still blindly vote democrat due to the fact that WV has no large urban areas to push the typical gun control agenda, therefore, they feel safe. With all of the latest news regarding the Biden/democratic wishlist I see that I have more ammo to do another round of "see this sh!t. I keep trying to tell you!"

WV’s vote Democrat to keep feeding off the government tit so to speak. The
    WV Libs want freedom but only subsidized by the rest of the USA.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If it’s already decided he’ll vote against. I would look at his other votes, he waits until the very last minute to vote.

machins statements are so general as to be meaningless. and everyone of us who has worked on the hill if you change a comma in a proposed bill that a member who previously said they would not support can say the bill is different and they would support.

gun control groups, including ones who have given money to Minchin, say Australia was "not confiscation" since monetary compensation was given when virtually all handguns and rifles were confiscated.

ParaFan

Dec 9, 2018
    Just because someone in Biden's administration backs gun confiscation doesn't mean it will ever happen. Do you have ANY idea how many progressives support gun ownership? Lots, including me and a bunch of my gun owning friends.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    If Biden is declared the winner, in my mind and a lot of other Americans, he will be seen as an illegitimate President. If they try to confiscate anything or keep people from exercising their 2A it’s going to be Gettysburg on steroids. Here again they defunded the police.

sabreman61

Sep 19, 2020
    Just because someone in Biden's administration backs gun confiscation doesn't mean it will ever happen. Do you have ANY idea how many progressives support gun ownership? Lots, including me and a bunch of my gun owning friends.
    Progressives are mostly anti 2A/Gun and anti Constitution. Gun confiscation is possible (probably inevitable) if the Dems gain total control -> White House, Senate, Congress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom