• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CharlieC

Aug 15, 2020
    Hey guys(gals). Newbie here with a newbie question. My wife and I have been target shooting at the range here at home in Frederick. I was invited to shoot with a friend in PA. Can I take my pistol (unloaded) across state line into PA for a couple days? He has a range on his farm with steel targets. Thanks!
    Charlie

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In general , yes you can . But be aware Pa handgun laws while there . ( A topic in itself .)

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    If he had googled it,, I would have never seen this thread (that would not exist) and may have never thought about the ramifications of crossing a state line with a firearm.

Or maybe he just needs a boost in his post count ??

Good to see someone else who uses the internet first. Too bad more folks don't .

Foohaus

Nov 22, 2020
    As far as MD goes, you can transport an unloaded handgun in your car if you’re doing so “in connection with an organized military activity, a target shoot, formal or informal target practice, sport shooting event, hunting...”

— MD Crim Law § 4-203

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    As long as you don't cross into DC, NJ, or NY you should be OK.

Assuming those states were on the OP's way to PA then yes, you can transport through provided pistols/mags/ammo were in the trunk per the FOPA, with necessary stops only (gas/restroom although it's still somewhat vague).

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    PA is no issue for your firearms but more of an issue for you. New lock down refs say 2weeks quarantine is you cross state line.
    So you pistol or rifle can go have fun but you and the wide my stay isolated

FoxSlayer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 8, 2020
    Assuming those states were on the OP's way to PA then yes, you can transport through provided pistols/mags/ammo were in the trunk per the FOPA, with necessary stops only (gas/restroom although it's still somewhat vague).

NY and Nj violate FOPA all the time and you have no recourse so best to avoid those states.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Central PA could give a snot about Tom Wolf's tyrannical unconstitutional edicts

No one cares. No one follows them.

Go where you want

No one was wearing masks in the gun shops I was in a couple weeks ago. Everyone was wearing them in the other stores I went into. (grocery, state run liquor store, bass pro and gas station)

Huck Hound

Mar 8, 2020
    Lets see...we have illegal election fraud, rioters riot and take over areas and tear down statues, DC Mayor names parks after rioters, Gov. send old people off in to nursing homes to be infected by known viruses and they all get away with it. Now Legal gun owners should actually take our laws seriously? What an effing joke! Take your gun with you as needed.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Lets see...we have illegal election fraud, rioters riot and take over areas and tear down statues, DC Mayor names parks after rioters, Gov. send old people off in to nursing homes to be infected by known viruses and they all get away with it. Now Legal gun owners should actually take our laws seriously? What an effing joke! Take your gun with you as needed.

Many of the people supposed to be enforcing laws LIKE ".... illegal election fraud, rioters riot and take over areas and tear down statues, DC Mayor names parks after rioters, Gov. send old people off in to nursing homes to be infected by known viruses...." and DON'T LIKE ".... Legal gun owners...."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom