• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    Hoping to find some snow on the ground and a place for a campfire on Saturday.
    We are taking the kids on a day long adventure. I was thinking green ridge. Trying to stay with in 3 hours of St. Mary's. Does any one know if there is snow on the ground in green ridge ? Any other suggested locations to check out ? Thanks in advance.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hoping to find some snow on the ground and a place for a campfire on Saturday.
    We are taking the kids on a day long adventure. I was thinking green ridge. Trying to stay with in 3 hours of St. Mary's. Does any one know if there is snow on the ground in green ridge ? Any other suggested locations to check out ? Thanks in advance.

Savage River State Forest last Sunday. More like 5+ hours from you.

Attachments

• 41104.jpeg
      41104.jpeg
      88.8 KB · Views: 290

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've done a lot of winter camping. Some of the harshest weather you'll see in these parts. Fun stuff if you are the least bit prepared.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I've done a lot of winter camping. Some of the harshest weather you'll see in these parts. Fun stuff if you are the least bit prepared.
    We're well prepared car campers. Good tent , buddy heater , 5 degree bags, memory foam mattresses, dry firewood. This is definitely a good trial run for a snow camping trip next winter. With two small kids trial runs are a necessity for this type of thing. Lots of fun so far. Problem is now I want a hot tent, looking at springbars tent/stove package. I thought the 450 I paid for the current tent was a little crazy at the time, now 1500 seems reasonable.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We're well prepared car campers. Good tent , buddy heater , 5 degree bags, memory foam mattresses, dry firewood. This is definitely a good trial run for a snow camping trip next winter. With two small kids trial runs are a necessity for this type of thing. Lots of fun so far. Problem is now I want a hot tent, looking at springbars tent/stove package. I thought the 450 I paid for the current tent was a little crazy at the time, now 1500 seems reasonable.
    Yup. Lil kids are always a major consideration until you have everything down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom