• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    The only real purpose in our having the FB page in the first place was to try to connect with people who weren't already here, or who needed to be guided to a better understanding of the 2A.

It's clear that we have been a little too successful given that we are clearly on the radar now as been undesirable.

Parler will allow us to connect with those that already agree with us, which might be OK, but the only reason we ever suffered with a FB page was the ability to connect externally.

And with your FB page you might not have been "on the radar" as much as it was bots scanning the page/posts and picking up keywords and determining it was a constitution/"right wing" page and shadow-banning your posts.

A year ago I posted a meme (just an image) in a private group and I got banned from FB for 3 months, I wound up just deleting my profile at that point because I'm done with the censorship b.s. My gf was in the group and contacted one of the admins to see if someone reported the meme and no one did. A FB bot must have scanned and flagged it. Meanwhile ANTIFA and ISIS are allowed to have profiles. FB is a joke.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    And with your FB page you might not have been "on the radar" as much as it was bots scanning the page/posts and picking up keywords and determining it was a constitution/"right wing" page and shadow-banning your posts.

A year ago I posted a meme (just an image) in a private group and I got banned from FB for 3 months, I wound up just deleting my profile at that point because I'm done with the censorship b.s. My gf was in the group and contacted one of the admins to see if someone reported the meme and no one did. A FB bot must have scanned and flagged it. Meanwhile ANTIFA and ISIS are allowed to have profiles. FB is a joke.

Oh, I totally understand it's not some dude/girl/whatever with purple hair and a bone through their nose looking at the page and going, "these people are icky". It's 100% the robots picking up on it, but the results are the same.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If you have friends who have only been interacting with us on FB, you need to tell them to get over here and create an account.

With the night of the long knives having occurred across the FB and Twitter landscape in the last 12 hours, it's apparent that the throttling that has been occurring for us on FB is going to turn into an execution soon.

I'll probably disable the page within the next day or so and being to sever any ties between us and FaceBook. I've been the strongest advocate of our having a presence where "they" are, but it is evident that anyone who has a tie with anything Pro 2A or Pro 1A related are going to be purged.

We will begin looking at the other "new" social media platforms, but given the attack on them by the tech giants yesterday we are going to have to evaluate what that looks like as well.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If you have friends who have only been interacting with us on FB, you need to tell them to get over here and create an account.

With the night of the long knives having occurred across the FB and Twitter landscape in the last 12 hours, it's apparent that the throttling that has been occurring for us on FB is going to turn into an execution soon.

I'll probably disable the page within the next day or so and being to sever any ties between us and FaceBook. I've been the strongest advocate of our having a presence where "they" are, but it is evident that anyone who has a tie with anything Pro 2A or Pro 1A related are going to be purged.

We will begin looking at the other "new" social media platforms, but given the attack on them by the tech giants yesterday we are going to have to evaluate what that looks like as well.

Smart move.
    I have been wondering if they will do any internet forum or internet 2a sensorship.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Smart move.
    I have been wondering if they will do any internet forum or internet 2a sensorship.

Site staff are having discussions about hardening things up and protecting ourselves.

Gun sites existed before FB, Twitter, etc and were created because there were no opportunities in the so-called mainstream media or social sphere.

For years, people kept saying that vBulletin-based sites and the like were relics in a social media world. We've maintained that we are relevant because we are privately owned and not subject to the whims of big companies.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Site staff are having discussions about hardening things up and protecting ourselves.

Gun sites existed before FB, Twitter, etc and were created because there were no opportunities in the so-called mainstream media or social sphere.

For years, people kept saying that vBulletin-based sites and the like were relics in a social media world. We've maintained that we are relevant because we are privately owned and not subject to the whims of big companies.

What was that 84 Buick comparison.......

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    What was that 84 Buick comparison.......

That brings up a whole discussion for another thread about finding a solid vehicle that can't in itself be used as a tracking device.

I was reading an article the other day about how deeply burrowed into your identity a modern car is, to the point that scanning blue tooth signals being broadcast from the vehicle can create a map of where you have been.

Yes, I know a phone does the same thing, but there are ways around that.

Similarly, we are going to have to retrench back to communities like this almost exclusively and to ensure that they are hardened from outside influence as much as possible.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    That brings up a whole discussion for another thread about finding a solid vehicle that can't in itself be used as a tracking device.

I was reading an article the other day about how deeply burrowed into your identity a modern car is, to the point that scanning blue tooth signals being broadcast from the vehicle can create a map of where you have been.

Yes, I know a phone does the same thing, but there are ways around that.

Similarly, we are going to have to retrench back to communities like this almost exclusively and to ensure that they are hardened from outside influence as much as possible.

Jesus, are you saying that I'm going to have to resort to driving my 1980's HMMWV daily? That thing is loud, slow and thirsty!

Mr H

Banana'd

Judge Jeanine Pirro said something this morning that I had been thinking, but didn't expect to hear.

She called the Big Tech assault on Trump and Parler akin to Kristallnacht.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Judge Jeanine Pirro said something this morning that I had been thinking, but didn't expect to hear.

Now, look and see who has branded that term. Arnold DipShitNaeger used it in his ******** response and that's what's getting reported. No mention at all of how the very big tech companies that the leftists said that they feared previously are now literally purging people from society,

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Gab and MeWe seem fairly solid....especially gab

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co

Arnold Schwarzenegger made the same comparison to the riot at the Capitol in a video over the weekend.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    We pulled it down. It was our decision.

Wow. Bold move, I applaud. I realize they were starving it of oxygen anyway, but better than giving them the satisfaction of killing it.

I'm reminded, though, that here comes the MD legislative season. Just got an alert from the NRA-ILA about HB175 (California-style background checks on ammunition purchases and transfers in Maryland), and of course my first thought was that it's the sort of thing that would show up on the MSI FB page to help spread the word. I wonder how quickly just telling supporters to oppose a bill like that will be considered "glorifying violence" and wind up taking their FB page to the guillotine.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Wow. Bold move, I applaud. I realize they were starving it of oxygen anyway, but better than giving them the satisfaction of killing it.

I'm reminded, though, that here comes the MD legislative season. Just got an alert from the NRA-ILA about HB175 (California-style background checks on ammunition purchases and transfers in Maryland), and of course my first thought was that it's the sort of thing that would show up on the MSI FB page to help spread the word. I wonder how quickly just telling supporters to oppose a bill like that will be considered "glorifying violence" and wind up taking their FB page to the guillotine.

The juice was no longer worth the potential squeeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom