• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    So I just picked up a new vz58 rifle, and I love everything about it..... except the pistol grip. This grip has got to be the smallest I have ever felt on a rifle! So I was looking around at options for a replacement and decided I might as well upgrade the stock and possibly the handguard as well. I do want to keep it light and I currently have no plans of adding an optic or a side rail. Anyone have any cool ideas for upgrades and improvements? Also where would I purchase these upgrades because it seems like the couple of things I've found have all been out of stock.

Attachments

• 20210124_203943.jpg
      20210124_203943.jpg
      39 KB · Views: 439

CodeWarrior1241

Sep 23, 2013
    Lutherville
    Buy the FAB Defense grip immediately. The stock grip is for underfed combloc conscripts.

Stock is also crap, buy the FAB side folder. The metal hinge one isn't that heavy that I'd consider not using it.

Handguard doesn't really need to change unless you want a red dot up front. I have it that way, but side mounts exist, and don't really interfere with disassembly. And you wouldn't need to rezero after every piston cleaning.

Here's mine with friends.

20161005_164526.jpg

Feb 28, 2013
    So I just picked up a new vz58 rifle, and I love everything about it..... except the pistol grip. This grip has got to be the smallest I have ever felt on a rifle! So I was looking around at options for a replacement and decided I might as well upgrade the stock and possibly the handguard as well. I do want to keep it light and I currently have no plans of adding an optic or a side rail. Anyone have any cool ideas for upgrades and improvements? Also where would I purchase these upgrades because it seems like the couple of things I've found have all been out of stock.

Hows the trigger on it?

I know they WAY heavy on Century Arms VZs

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    The trigger is nice maybe 4 pounds or so. Little bit of take up with a fairly clean break, not gritty but not crisp either.... Reset is rather short also. I'd say on par with a basic milspec AR trigger.

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Mine still has the fake wood stock and handle on it. It is some type of plastic or bakelite I guess? It also folds. Mine never bothered me on feel and holding it. I have seen the metal folders also.

chujohn

Dec 2, 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Oh geez I hadn't even thought about the muzzle. I like the look of that break. How's the side blast and concussion?

I think the concussion/blast is not worse than a muzzle brake for an AK-74, in fact it might be better. The brake does it's job really well, when I shoot it almost has no recoil and the rifle is very light.

Sirex