• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W_Donahue

Jul 26, 2014
    I live in Baltimore county and the best gun shop around here that I've had good experiences with was Gun Connection. Most other shops I'm not a fan of to be honest.

The all-time worst though is one that closed down, Christian Soldier. God those people were terrible. I was so happy when they shut down.

Ed Anger

Jan 16, 2021
    Gaithersburg, MD
    disagree

I can vouch for Atlantic Guns in the Rock&rollville area. They have been around since 1950 and provide great service. JMJ is my new go to in SoMD.

Sir, please allow me to disagree. Every experience I've had at Rockville Atlantic Guns has been humiliating and unpleasant. And I'm not the only one.

accokeek

MDS Supporter
    Mar 4, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    In Southern Maryland highly recommend Fred's in Waldorf. Have dealt with them for a number of years and they have always pleasant and professional and on occasion have made me a rather good deal. FWIW, they also do custom Cerakote treatments for both firearms and tools

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    MD Elite/Baltimore Pawn has been great to me. I'd also give a hat tip to Duffy's. I mentioned a slightly negative experience there and a manager made sure to set it right. I would definitely return to either of these shops.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Has anyone been to Webster Waffen Werks in Parsonsburg. His voicemail says he is expanding. I haven’t tried it but it’s closer that Arthur’s. Was thinking of using him for my next online purchase.

jbageant

Jan 14, 2013
    Valley Guns varied over the years.

They started in the small white house in Towson.

Then the moved to the store on Harford Rd (or was it Belair Rd). Then they expanded into the store next door.

It started as a great store. And then got nuts over time.

Ahh. The white house.

My first non-hand-me-down rifle came from there. Year was 1970. A Ruger 10/22 that I still have.

I bought a bunch of lowers from the Harford Road store in Sept 2013. Just finished building the last one (one a year).

Curious

Nov 30, 2020
    United in Rockville was great for me. Did my HQL there and first purchase. Walked me through the whole process and were more than keen to put up with my newbie ways. Machine Gun Nest in Frederick has als been a good FFL, and a damn decent range too. Won't go wrong with either of them.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    United in Rockville was great for me. Did my HQL there and first purchase. Walked me through the whole process and were more than keen to put up with my newbie ways. Machine Gun Nest in Frederick has als been a good FFL, and a damn decent range too. Won't go wrong with either of them.

That's the way to go, do the same at Clark. HQL, prints, application, and help with first purchase all in one place. Makes it easy.

TD

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    Cindy's Hot Shots after renovation and new ownership is much improved for the Glenn Bernie area.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Valley Guns varied over the years.

They started in the small white house in Towson.

Then the moved to the store on Harford Rd (or was it Belair Rd). Then they expanded into the store next door.

It started as a great store. And then got nuts over time.

Yes they got shut down by the feds and opened up as Just Guns. The original owner was ok and so was Jeff one of the employees and the one other guy. Then the owner let his son run the place. Yeah he ran it into the ground. He chased customers away and had the personality of a bag of rocks. I bought quite a bit from them in the early years

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I mostly buy all of my stuff through Blue Fins, Bait, Tackle and guns in Baltimore County. They have been around for quite awhile but a small shop. They are located on Wise Ave. Also I deal with Bob the owner of the Gun Shop its called on Eastern Blvd In Essex / Middle River area. Another small shop but usually a good inventory and will order anything. Both shops also will let you have guns shipped to them for transfer.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Of late I have bought too many firearms at Baltimore's Best Pawn and not had one single bad experience. I highly recommend Dan and his team. I've also had similarly good experiences at South Carroll Sporting Goods and Duffy's. It has been a few years since I bought anything at Engage but they were good to me too at that time.

Cal68

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Too bad.

They've been a very positive force for 2A in Maryland, bringing and winning numerous lawsuits against the ridiculous legislation emanating from Annapolis.

Considering this is your first post, slamming a business that has supported the firearms community in Maryland for three generations, you might want to try to find something positive to say here.

I have made several purchases at Atlantic Guns and I doubt that I will ever step foot in that store again, even their new location. The attitude of the people behind the counter was off putting each time I was there. Engage Armament was a little off putting due to their attitudes too. This could have been attributed to it being 2013. United Gun Shop on the other hand is a pleasure to deal with. Each purchase experience from them has been a pleasure. The staff at United is pleasant and helpful. I have witnesses their interactions with non-gun owners looking to purchase their first firearm and they worked with the customer to help them decide what firearm they really needed. How to fill out the paper work and all of the idiosyncrasies of purchasing guns in Maryland.

I've been a gun owner for just shy of 50 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom