• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    As I understand it the ceiling of that building has a metal cage in it. They had a burglar one time get in that way and that was how they solved it.
    The gun shop side did, but it was not much of a cage, more like a heavy hardware type mesh. It would surprise me if he put it in when he built the safe shop, but it was not in when I helped wire it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    He's in Waldorf, MD and it is by appointment only. https://www.eubanksfirearms.com/

Went to the website .

OK , that's * Different * , not necessarily in a bad way .

Strikes me as being a * Gun Concierge * rather than a Gun Store in a conventional sense .

Freedom of choice is good . A variety of marketing options is good . Capitalism is good . Best wishes for sucuess to Alex Eubanks in this endeavor , I'm sure there is a market niche of noobs who want a hand holding introduction to the world of guns .

If cherry picking to save $5 on transfers by appointment is sought , there you go .

For myself , I prefer to drop in and browse at a gun store when I'm in an area , see if they have anything unusual and interesting in . Or at my usual haunt . drop in and socialize with the group of fellow gun people who usually gather on a particular day of the week , throwback old school that it is .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As a bitter HQL holdout for the better part of 10 years, I haven't been in a gun shop in a long time.

Still refusing on principle . Heck . once eventually getting W&C , still undecided if I would even accept a free HQL . Everybody has their line in the sand , and I am REALLY steamed about this particular Prior Restraint of Fundimental Right .

But I still spend plenty of time in gun stores and gun shows . Still buy handguns ( C&R) , rifle , shotgun .

I just feel sorry for people born after 1992 ( or at least as importantly , after 1975 ) .

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I sent an email to Duffy's late Monday afternoon and haven't received a reply yet. I also sent a message to @Kevin here on MDS before realizing that he hasn't been on the forum in a bit. Same for @TheDevilHimself . Is there another member who works for Duffy's in some capacity on the forum?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've been to a number of gun stores in MD, DC and VA over the decades, and wracking my brain as much as possible, I can't come up with a place that was bad enough to actually slam in a thread like this.

It seems awkward at best to generate a thread to dump on gun shops; we have so few friends in this state whose interests lie with ours, that to bring some to grief over lapses that we find annoying is a disservice. Far better to address the matter with the management, if it seems serious enough to take issue with.

(I'll exclude the inept salespeople at big box stores, where ignorance is the byword in the gun department; once is enough to learn where not to go. When they say they are Dick's, take them at their word.)

Clizardi

MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2020
    New Windsor, MD
    Hello,

Been a lurker here for months, and just recently got my HQL. Looking for recommendations as to where you guys shops for all things gun related. I’ve been a few places where the customer service is abysmal and the employees almost turn their nose up at newbs....

Just looking to share thoughts, experiences and reviews at shops you’ve visited.

I’ll start...United Gun Store in Rockville, MD is awesome. Will help anyone from the most seasoned to the new guys/gals on the block.
    MD
    Hello,

Been a lurker here for months, and just recently got my HQL. Looking for recommendations as to where you guys shops for all things gun related. I’ve been a few places where the customer service is abysmal and the employees almost turn their nose up at newbs....

Just looking to share thoughts, experiences and reviews at shops you’ve visited.

I’ll start...United Gun Store in Rockville, MD is awesome. Will help anyone from the most seasoned to the new guys/gals on the block.
    MD Elite Firearms. Polite and a good selection of firearms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom