• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    We thought the same way about April in 2019 & 2020. 2019 got cut short by Busch passing away, 2020 got cut short by COVID. Anybody starting a pool on what could cut the 2021 session short? Swarms of radioactive, mutant land crabs, maybe?

At this point, I'll accept an aircraft carrier breaking it's moorings, steaming up the bay at flank speed, busting through the Bay Bridge, and chewing its way across Annapolis to get to Lawyer's Mall if that's what it takes to halt the cow pie factory.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    We thought the same way about April in 2019 & 2020. 2019 got cut short by Busch passing away, 2020 got cut short by COVID. Anybody starting a pool on what could cut the 2021 session short? Swarms of radioactive, mutant land crabs, maybe?

A communist invasion. Oh wait, that already happened too.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I side with you and Art3. If someone challenges you to a fight then you have to show up. Whether or not you get your a$$ kicked is beside the point. If you don't show up then you lost in more ways than one. I have to admit that I have not had my share of getting my a$$ kicked in Annapolis. I went 7 years of maintaining silence after taking up firearms as a hobby. I am not going to stay silent anymore. I have had enough.

You're in the fight now, and that's what matters. In 2013, I wondered who really needed guns, and thought AR stood for assault rifle.

Then I happened to hear that they were going to ban certain guns because, among other things, they had bayonet mounts. Say what? Once I started paying attention, I never looked back.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    You're in the fight now, and that's what matters. In 2013, I wondered who really needed guns, and thought AR stood for assault rifle.

Then I happened to hear that they were going to ban certain guns because, among other things, they had bayonet mounts. Say what? Once I started paying attention, I never looked back.

I remember parts of your story from previous conversations. I can relate to the once I started paying attention, I never looked back part. Yes indeed. I am surprised at how many gun owners do not know what current laws are on the books or what laws are being proposed.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    I remember parts of your story from previous conversations. I can relate to the once I started paying attention, I never looked back part. Yes indeed. I am surprised at how many gun owners do not know what current laws are on the books or what laws are being proposed.
    Until I owned my first AR-15 I had no idea how bad the politics were in this state, or even on a federal level. I started driving two-three hours to testify in Annapolis just a few months after buying it. Having something, especially something protected by a natural right, that people want to take from you, it really changes a man.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I don't think she has read the bill she has sponsored, because it doesn't do really anything she says it would.

Of course the bill is written so you don't do a background check. An FFL just has to serialize it after the bill is fully in effect for new builds (they cannot legally serialize it though!). I can think of ways they could write the bill to allows it to do what they want it to do, but of course I ain't saying.

But this is just F-ing stupid.

I get they are trying to keep it "short", but come on. The virtual testimony is already keeping things many, many times shorter than in-person would. Also, I get they aren't doing a hard stop and letting them say a sentence or two after "time!", but seems like it would be nicer to give 3 minutes with a 30 second warning or something.

To add, it would have been nice to have someone address that FFL's cannot legally serialize a firearm they didn't make (maybe I missed someone raising that point). Great replies for the unfavorables.

I do appreciate the mention that some guns CANNOT comply. My gen 1 p80 has no engraving plate, so it cannot be brought in to compliance. A different P80 has an engraving plate, it is NOT large enough to comply with the law. Two of my more recent ones could fit the info, for me. For someone with a long name and a reasonably long city name could not fit it.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I don't think she has read the bill she has sponsored, because it doesn't do really anything she says it would.

Of course the bill is written so you don't do a background check. An FFL just has to serialize it after the bill is fully in effect for new builds (they cannot legally serialize it though!). I can think of ways they could write the bill to allows it to do what they want it to do, but of course I ain't saying.

But this is just F-ing stupid.

I get they are trying to keep it "short", but come on. The virtual testimony is already keeping things many, many times shorter than in-person would. Also, I get they aren't doing a hard stop and letting them say a sentence or two after "time!", but seems like it would be nicer to give 3 minutes with a 30 second warning or something.

To add, it would have been nice to have someone address that FFL's cannot legally serialize a firearm they didn't make (maybe I missed someone raising that point). Great replies for the unfavorables.

I do appreciate the mention that some guns CANNOT comply. My gen 1 p80 has no engraving plate, so it cannot be brought in to compliance. A different P80 has an engraving plate, it is NOT large enough to comply with the law. Two of my more recent ones could fit the info, for me. For someone with a long name and a reasonably long city name could not fit it.

The NY lawyer for Everytown that testified in favor of this bill was clearly the author. How do you feel about someone from New York crafting legislation and testifying in favor of it on the state level here in MD? it burns me up. Same with the red shirts. If you do not live in Maryland then what right do you have to come here and dictate to us how you think we should live?

Senator Lee showed her true colors too. During the sparring match she reached a point where she could no longer answer the questions being presented to her and she had to throw in the towel, "ask the lawyer from NY" and "I don't think that it is a big deal to comply with this law" even after Senator West pointed out how law abiding citizens cannot comply in certain instances for certain reasons. Her anti gun stance was shining clear for all to see. She does not care about ANY technicalities nor does she understand them. It is a slap in the face to us. She was clearly frustrated. She needs to drop the charge for 80 percents.

I also like how they spoke of not wanting to do harm to the hobbyist but then later talk about anyone that buys a certain type of kit to build a certain type of gun is sinister, nefarious and worthy of stiff criminal punishment. He drops a breadcrumb with one hand and then has a sledge hammer in the other behind his back waiting for the dumb cluck to get close enough to eat it. :kicknuts:

I would like to present a bill before the committee that imposes stiff criminal punishments for any lawmaker that crafts or supports legislation that they have very little knowledge of and is unconstitutional. How many bills would then be read before a committee? Punishments with a minimum mandatory of $100,000 and/or not less than 5 years in prison per incident with a not to exceed 200,000 and/or not more than 10 years in prison. That sounds fair to me. :ohnoes::whip::spank:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Ah, this must be why I received a e-mail from the Baltimore Sun that Baltimore has seen a 400% increase in in ghost guns used in crimes.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ah, this must be why I received a e-mail from the Baltimore Sun that Baltimore has seen a 400% increase in in ghost guns used in crimes.

I'm sure it's quite true. The win for "ghost guns" is that nobody had to steal them.....

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO

Yup, 400 percent. They made it sound like a real problem, eh? Unbelievable.

I'm sure it's quite true. The win for "ghost guns" is that nobody had to steal them.....

Truth!

Mark and John done did good!!

We are very fortunate to have those two on our side. Not to mention the handful of others that were chosen to testify. All of the testimony that I have seen so far has been very well argued or supported. I can't remember the bill that came before this one but it was very well supported. It is the bill that makes the crime of stealing a gun a more serious offense. Hats off to the individuals that were able to speak for us.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Yup, 400 percent. They made it sound like a real problem, eh? Unbelievable.

Truth!

We are very fortunate to have those two on our side. Not to mention the handful of others that were chosen to testify. All of the testimony that I have seen so far has been very well argued or supported. I can't remember the bill that came before this one but it was very well supported. It is the bill that makes the crime of stealing a gun a more serious offense. Hats off to the individuals that were able to speak for us.
    Isn't going from one to four a 400% increase?

Just sayin'... :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom