• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I’ll go against the grain on this one. I’m not in favor of things like this. Democrats are not all anti-2a and the ones I’ve met from rural areas are a lot more conservative than some republicans I meet MD. If we genuinely believe that an armed society is a polite society, sell as many guns and ammo as possible to those who are legally able to purchase IMO. The more skin they have in the game, the less likely they would be to support extreme firearm restrictions.

Democrats are by definition anti-second amendment. While they may claim that they support the second amendment their actions prove differently. If they are willing to vote for politicians who want to strip them of their rights and take away their freedom they do not support the second amendment at all. In fact their delusion is a sign of mental illness and they probably should not be allowed to own firearms... Calling a Democrat a second amendment supporter is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer chef. It's just not the truth...

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Democrats are by definition anti-second amendment. While they may claim that they support the second amendment their actions prove differently. If they are willing to vote for politicians who want to strip them of their rights and take away their freedom they do not support the second amendment at all. In fact their delusion is a sign of mental illness and they probably should not be allowed to own firearms... Calling a Democrat a second amendment supporter is like calling Jeffrey Dahmer chef. It's just not the truth...

I think we are sometime so tarnished by the democrat abuses we have suffered here in Maryland. I assure you that I have met people who are democrats because they don’t trust big business as their primary reason for being democrats. My sister-in-law and her entire family are from WV. Many I’ve met are democrats and they are not like any democrats I’ve ever seen at the statehouse in Annapolis. They are descendants of loggers, farmers and coal miners. They love their freedom, they love guns, they have been known to get a little drunk and blow things up for fun. But they say they are democrats because they don’t trust the rich business folks who seem bent on screwing them out of every nickel they can earn.

So it is what it is. Just like not all Republicans march to the same tune, thus the same is true for democrats.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    In many ways and in normal times I agree. But since widespread political violence seems all but inevitable, I'm ok with not selling to dems. Why arm the side that's chomping at the bit to send me somewhere for "de-programming" or worse?

This knife cuts both ways and it cuts deep. It’s the same logic used to create much of the gun control legislation of the 60’s and 70’s to keep guns out of the hands of minorities. How’s it working out for us in Maryland 50 Years Later?

While it’s his business and he can make whatever rules he wants, Why do we trust this specific store owner to decide who’s worthy of owning a gun any more than the Maryland legislature? What of you were an independent who voted for Biden? What if you are a Republican but a never Trumper and you stayed home?

If I wanted to find a way to rip capitalism apart it would be to continue find reasons to NOT sell to someone for some reason or Boycott something else for some other reason. Maybe that’s whats going on behind the scenes. If you take these petty public publicity stunts and multiply then by 10 million that’s exactly what will happen we wont have an economy anymore and we’ll all be depending on handouts or killing each other for food.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

Well technically he might have had some good recipes...better analogy would have been calling him a vegan...but yes dems are antigun

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Plus dems against big business? Most big businesses run by lefties. So why they still Dems? The left dox and tell us not to peruse and do business at their stores all the time.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's a bummer if a store won't sell to people because of how they voted, but that's their prerogative. Pretty stupid business practice but to each their own.

Not that I agree with the policy but from a business standpoint there's little threat of lost revenue.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    But they say they are democrats because they don’t trust the rich business folks who seem bent on screwing them out of every nickel they can earn.

Not that the mining people of WV haven't had reason to mistrust the people running the mines, but today, who's the party of the rich?

Besides Soros, and Bloomberg you have all these Tech Billionaires lining up to do the biding of the Evil Party as their censors.

And who is now screwing the people who's jobs rely on supplying domestically produced energy?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I’ll go against the grain on this one. I’m not in favor of things like this. Democrats are not all anti-2a and the ones I’ve met from rural areas are a lot more conservative than some republicans I meet MD. If we genuinely believe that an armed society is a polite society, sell as many guns and ammo as possible to those who are legally able to purchase IMO. The more skin they have in the game, the less likely they would be to support extreme firearm restrictions.

Be careful going against the grain around here:innocent0

It does seem to present a real dilemma for capitalism.

I agree that democrats who are real people in the real world are not all necessarily anti 2a. However, I also believe that any of the elected elite who have chosen the big D behind their name will vote the party line against 2a. Maybe MD has jaded me. Maybe Missouri democrats are different:shrug:

I suspect this marketing campaign (of limiting their market:rolleye12) will work out well for them, in their limited market. I wouldn't want to see it as a national trend.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I’ll go against the grain on this one. I’m not in favor of things like this. Democrats are not all anti-2a and the ones I’ve met from rural areas are a lot more conservative than some republicans I meet MD. If we genuinely believe that an armed society is a polite society, sell as many guns and ammo as possible to those who are legally able to purchase IMO. The more skin they have in the game, the less likely they would be to support extreme firearm restrictions.

You are not so going agains the grain, as you are going agains the facts as shown by multiple studies on poltical alignment and attuites toward increased or decreased gun control.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Exactly how does this shop differentiate between Biden supporters and everyone else? It's not like Biden had anyone waving flags or wearing ball caps to demonstrate their adulation for him.

Well the data show that Biden supporters are about 12 times more likely be criminals .And there are a mountain of Biden bumper stickers, shirts and hats where I am living. Probably just depends where you live.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Interesting, so if they win a lawsuit because one's political beliefs can not be discriminated against, just who is the real winner there? Seems like Republicans are.

They won't [win] though. Political beliefs are not protected under anti-discrimination laws.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Be careful going against the grain around here:innocent0

It does seem to present a real dilemma for capitalism.

I agree that democrats who are real people in the real world are not all necessarily anti 2a. However, I also believe that any of the elected elite who have chosen the big D behind their name will vote the party line against 2a. Maybe MD has jaded me. Maybe Missouri democrats are different:shrug:

I suspect this marketing campaign (of limiting their market:rolleye12) will work out well for them, in their limited market. I wouldn't want to see it as a national trend.

You aren't wrong. But I don't think that is inevitable. The issue is that most democrats are either anti-gun or ambivalent.

The ones that are pro-2A are in the minority.

So which way is a politician going to vote? The way most of their voters lean. Not the way only a few of their voters lean. Especially if those few of their voters care more about a given position than something else.

Plenty of Republicans are Republicans only because they are pro-life. Or because they want god in schools and government. Or pro-gun. They are single issue voters. This one issue is so important to me, I don't really care what else you are voting for, but you better back this one issue. Now obviously none of the other things Republicans generally support and vote for can be deal breakers to that person. If it is, they tend to be non-voters or vote third party every time (which of course is also a lot of people who are just simply ambivalent).

Democrats to have a large contingent of single issue voters, but a lot less. Maybe it is someone who cares passionately about social justice issues. Or someone who is extremely pro-environment. Etc. I know people who deeply in to social justice and vote Democrat every time because of it, but they want limited government and low taxes, but those are lesser priorities for them.

Plenty of democrats are pro gun, but care a lot more about all the other issues rather than just that one issue.

The problem is BOTH sides look at the other and assume everyone over there is just a caricature of the party platform. Which is of course not true. They either believe so strongly in one issue the party supports, or generally supports most of what a party represents without anything being deal breakers.

I know a lot of democrats who are pro-2A. It is just they are in the minority. So why would their party listen to them when they are a minority and mostly not a super vocal minority in their party?

More democrats owning guns IS a good thing if you want to sway the conversation. You think it is going to be as easy with millions of new gun owners pushing new gun laws through now (I am NOT saying they won't still push them through, but more emphasis on having to PUSH)? You think a lot of those new gun owners are liberals? Because I bet a whole heck of a lot of them are. Many of those might just hold different opinions about guns now.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Screw them, I wouldn’t sell to them either.

If they want to vote for the people who want to ban stuff or make it harder for me to enjoy my hobby or defend myself, then they can suck it. They can like guns all they want, but they are not pro-2nd Amendment if they vote for Democrats.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Screw them, I wouldn’t sell to them either.

If they want to vote for the people who want to ban stuff or make it harder for me to enjoy my hobby or defend myself, then they can suck it. They can like guns all they want, but they are not pro-2nd Amendment if they vote for Democrats.

Are all republicans anti-gay simply because the party platform is marriage is between a man and a woman only? Or do they just care about other issues more?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Are all republicans anti-gay simply because the party platform is marriage is between a man and a woman only? Or do they just care about other issues more?

The "anti-gay" meme is just a dodge to inflame lefties against conservatives. There's a difference between gay marriage and same-sex marriage. Conservatives are convinced same-sex marriage flies in the face of Mother Nature, God and thousands of years of historical precedent. Of course most same-sex marriages are between gay people but that's not a requirement.

What...at least in my opinion...is the truth behind same sex marriage is money. Supporters of same-sex marriage want to be able to have wealth and property automatically transfer as between a husband and wife when one dies...or to have one with the same decision making capacity as between and husband and wife for life decisions and other financial issues. Those can be handled otherwise with some legal changes to allow written documents giving that authority to another.

Changing tax laws to eliminate the death tax and allow property and wealth to transfer to a designated person would accomplish mush the same thing. But the Left doesn't want that...they want property and wealth to go to the government for redistribution. Plus having to designate a specific person to have the rights of a spouse is too much trouble...they want it by right of marriage.

But the cork is out of the bottle...I doubt if it can ever be reversed as it's the law of the land and too many such same sex marriages have been performed to invalidate.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    As a right-leaning Independent, I do not fear gay marriage simply because it is a tiny, squeaky minority at approximately 4.5%. The only political power this group has, is what everyone else chooses to give them.
    Women, Gen Z and Millennials grossly overestimate the number of non-hetero people in our population when asked.

There's also no real indication that this demographic is growing. "Gay" is not a race. There's no flood of gay people crossing our borders to Make America Gay. This population will likely remain fairly static over time. Give 'em their marriage, housing and employment "rights" and tell them to STFU.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259571/americans-greatly-overestimate-gay-population.aspx

The joke about vegans is the same as it is about gay people-
    Q: How can you identify a gay person?
    A: They'll insist on telling you.

So no, not all conservatives are anti-gay. I definitely care more about issues that directly affect my personal freedoms than I care about what Bob is doing to Neil in their bedroom.

It is logically impossible to be a Democrat and be pro two a or pro-life. If you're voting for a party that does not support either then you are part of the problem. You might say your pro-life you might say you're pro-second amendment but the reality is you're not. The reality is you're just deluded

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom