• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Who would you recommend in the Frederick area for quality service? I think I have a leaking power steering pump but not sure. I also want a fair assessment and inspection of the car because I’m going to try to sell it early next year, just want a professional to give it a (hopefully) clean bill of health. Car is 20 years old. Ken’s Transmissions and Krietz Auto are on my list so far.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    My parents used to always use Brownies over by Walkersville middle school. I’ve used them a time or two with no regrets

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Skips Auto Repair on broadway st in Frederick. I have been going to them for over a decade. They do good work for fair prices and I have never thought that they were being dishonest to get more work.

There have been times when they have fixed minor things for me for free. You know most places would at least charge minimum labor.

https://skipsautorepair.com/

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I've had nothing but good results with Dynamic down in Urbana (can't speak for the other locations). They've always treated me fairly and used good quality parts.

For Subarus, Foreign Auto Excellence in Frederick is the best you'll ever find. They may work on other makes, but I'm not 100% sure.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How about the right spot in lower MoCo for service on an aging (2003) Chevy Suburban? This morning my water pump decided to start singing in Klingon, and I’m losing a little coolant. Would love to not reward a dealership’s usually sleazy shop with that business.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    How about the right spot in lower MoCo for service on an aging (2003) Chevy Suburban? This morning my water pump decided to start singing in Klingon, and I’m losing a little coolant. Would love to not reward a dealership’s usually sleazy shop with that business.

Lower MoCo, but not dealing with sleazebags? Good luck with that!

Precision up in Germantown was pretty good when we lived there for a short bit. But that's hardly lower MoCo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom