• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Pick up the Guide the other day noticed pages of legal notices for CCW permits, never seen that many before in the Guide. We can use more dedicated Pro 2A in Legislative Hall.

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    Pick up the Guide the other day noticed pages of legal notices for CCW permits, never seen that many before in the Guide. We can use more dedicated Pro 2A in Legislative Hall.

My mother is a DE resident who believes that guns are the devil. She reads the CCW notices with great disgust and anger. It scares her that all of these people are getting guns. I try to explain that the ones following the legal process are not the ones she should be concerned about... crickets. :)

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    You just gotta get’m elected.

The senate is close, but dem. Iirc, about +1 or 2’on the dem majority. Last time I checked. Google for most correct info.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

It's been in the Guide for over twenty year that I remember. Just more pages now since everyone wants to carry. An four places in Lower Slower advertise on TV an the radio about getting the DE CCW.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    My mother is a DE resident who believes that guns are the devil. She reads the CCW notices with great disgust and anger. It scares her that all of these people are getting guns. I try to explain that the ones following the legal process are not the ones she should be concerned about... crickets. :)

She probably would really get upset over someone open carrying.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I went through the DC CCW course as was going to apply. However, a friend did apply and 18 months later they are still working on it. So I said nope not me, if you make a mistake and carry on or near any Federal property off you go to the crowbar hotel. The Mall is federal property more of a PITA than anything. I figured since I do not work in DC (Demoncratic Covenant) and have no desire to be in that SH I will just keep out.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I get the Cape Gazette online every day which is the local newspaper for the shore towns and in the classifieds under notices is where they post the name of the people who have applied for a ccw. it cost $75 to run the notice for 10 days and you have to show the recite along with your paperwork which is a requirement to get one. You also have to get 5 people who know you to sign on the application as well.

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    ... run the notice for 10 days and you have to show the recite along with your paperwork which is a requirement to get one. You also have to get 5 people who know you to sign on the application as well.

Run ONCE (1 time) 10 days must lapse from printing of the ad BEFORE you can submit the application. 5 reference questionnaire forms. It a PITA process.
    INSTRUCTIONS....

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Spoke to one of Sussex County CCW instructors and commented his CCW classes have hosted 40-50 applicants after lock down Phase 2 allowed training plus new training for new gun owners.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Can't a DE resident get a UT non resident permit? I've honestly never looked in to it, as I'm not a DE resident. I know I can carry in DE with my UT permit. But can a DE resident?

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    Can't a DE resident get a UT non resident permit? I've honestly never looked in to it, as I'm not a DE resident. I know I can carry in DE with my UT permit. But can a DE resident?

Delaware recognizes licenses or permits to carry concealed deadly weapons issued by other states to the citizens of other states where those states honor Delaware licenses to carry concealed deadly weapons, afford a reasonably similar degree of protection as is provided by licensure in Delaware

https://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/criminal/concealed-carry-deadly-weapons-ccdw/

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    AND , if another State recognizes a Utah permit, then residents of that state must have a home state permit to get a Utah non- resident .

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    AND...

A Delaware resident desiring to carry a concealed deadly weapon in this state must have a Delaware license to do so. A Delaware resident is someone who carries or is required to have a Delaware driver’s license and/or is registered to vote in Delaware

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom