• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fpmst930

Oct 21, 2019
    Rockville MD
    Do you guys have recommendations for pawn shops in MOCO that sell guns/Milsurps? I don't mind going to HOCO/PG/Frederick too. Thanks in advance.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I can't speak to MoCo but as far as I've seen, no pawn shop in Frederick carries handguns...long guns but no handguns. It's been a while since I've checked but pawn shop gun inventory in Frederick has been mostly junk stuff or the occasional hunting rifle or shotgun but little beyond that.

There was a time when you could find really desirable stuff in Frederick's pawn shops but not for years. I graduated high school with the owner of an old time pawn shop here and got some really good deals on great stuff...but as I said...that was some time ago.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I can't speak to MoCo but as far as I've seen, no pawn shop in Frederick carries handguns...long guns but no handguns. It's been a while since I've checked but pawn shop gun inventory in Frederick has been mostly junk stuff or the occasional hunting rifle or shotgun but little beyond that.

There was a time when you could find really desirable stuff in Frederick's pawn shops but not for years. I graduated high school with the owner of an old time pawn shop here and got some really good deals on great stuff...but as I said...that was some time ago.

Same here it's been a while, mostly "junk" as you stated some not even worth the price, is simple terms they should pay you to take it.

My goto shop was in Hagerstown (a long time ago) When the Cat plant closed up there, there was a ton of firearms pawned, and we ain't
    talking junk.Weatherby's, Belgium Browning Trap / Skeet guns, Colt's, Diamondback's, Python's, Smith's, 29's, and Mdl "A" Uzi's, Hi-powers...
    the list goes on... people needed to "pay the bills" Anyway haven't seen anything good lately..

-Rock

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've given up on pawn shops. Nothing there but crap. Anyone who has something of value can sell it online for a lot more than they'd get from a pawnshop; assume that's where all the interesting stuff is sold now.

There are a couple pawnshops in Florida that have good stuff. They buy it from old farts in God's Waiting Room, and sell it on Gunbroker.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In general , there are " pawn shops " that are 90% gun stores that pawn the occasional power tool for old time's sake , and pawn shops that mainly pawn , and sell the occasional long gun .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Indeed ,of the short list of gun sellers IN MoCo , United is the best source of what you seek .

Referring to my previous post , currently and historically I have know many good to excellent " gun stores that happened to have a pawn license " , they weren't good because they had a pawn license , they would have been the same with a regular FFL . " Normal " pawn shops have a default tendency to have firearms asking prices 50- 100% over market values .

Where you can get good prices sometimes is when a shop takes in something way out of their usual field of expertise . ie , a LGS that primarily deals with tacticool can be clueless about older classic firearms , and either price them at half, or double their value .

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Where you can get good prices sometimes is when a shop takes in something way out of their usual field of expertise . ie , a LGS that primarily deals with tacticool can be clueless about older classic firearms , and either price them at half, or double their value .

Engage is a good example of this sometimes. I paid something rather low(sub $175) for a great example of the Savage 745. It's not outrageously cheap vs the price at a store that would know better, but it was still a good 20% cheaper than I would have expected. It's served me well ever since.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thank you guys, I appreciate the mention. We are so low on used guns right now it's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

2ndatrades

Aug 20, 2020
    Howard County
    I checked out one of the pawn shops on market street in Frederick last month and they only had like 5 guns. A few rifles/shotguns for hunting and a 22lr rifle.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Wrong time to be looking for gun deals. Local pawn shops are down to 3-4 guns and about as many guitars. Usually a dozen plus of each but it's a crazy economy right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom