• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Depot is where you post availability of general items. I think that would be constant.

Availability of say Krag Ammo or 7.7 Jap might be suitable for this thread.

That's my opinion for what its worth (maybe not much)

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Depot is where you post availability of general items. I think that would be constant.

Availability of say Krag Ammo or 7.7 Jap might be suitable for this thread.

That's my opinion for what its worth (maybe not much)

I agree. I generally assume this thread will be c&r specific items.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Someone should get this thread renamed "C&R In Stock NOW!" When you are browsing and see just the recent posts, the forum area doesn't show up (esp on mobile.)

Lowerguk

Sep 26, 2020
    Carroll County
    Someone should get this thread renamed "C&R In Stock NOW!" When you are browsing and see just the recent posts, the forum area doesn't show up (esp on mobile.)

That’s what happened. On my phone it didn’t show the forum clearly and the title just looked like an all encompassing In Stock thread. Once I realized that, I apologized. Then someone said they wanted the updates so I did it again. Anyways, I won’t post those ammo updates here anymore. Sorry for the confusion.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    That’s what happened. On my phone it didn’t show the forum clearly and the title just looked like an all encompassing In Stock thread. Once I realized that, I apologized. Then someone said they wanted the updates so I did it again. Anyways, I won’t post those ammo updates here anymore. Sorry for the confusion.

There is an ammo spotting thread in the water cooler. Once you get 50 posts you can see the water cooler. I appreciate your updates. Thanks.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo

No worries
    What app you using?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo

That was me on the updates, sorry if I touched off some discord in the forum, but right now, I've gotta keep ammo on hand to make any of these old things go *bang.*

On a digressive note, took my CZ50 to the range this weekend. Easily one of my favorite C&R Pistols to shoot. Easy recoil, very accurate, gets some looks at the bench. Sights can be a little difficult against a black bullseye, but that's to be expected. Only complaint I have is how far it chucks brass. I reload .32ACP because it can sometimes be hard to find at the LGS. I think I recovered about 8 of 20 that I put through it. Was using Geco FMJ and it ran just fine.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    That was me on the updates, sorry if I touched off some discord in the forum, but right now, I've gotta keep ammo on hand to make any of these old things go *bang.*

On a digressive note, took my CZ50 to the range this weekend. Easily one of my favorite C&R Pistols to shoot. Easy recoil, very accurate, gets some looks at the bench. Sights can be a little difficult against a black bullseye, but that's to be expected. Only complaint I have is how far it chucks brass. I reload .32ACP because it can sometimes be hard to find at the LGS. I think I recovered about 8 of 20 that I put through it. Was using Geco FMJ and it ran just fine.

Sounds like mine. I started using a Caldwell brass catcher. The kind you can lay on the ground or setup on a tripod. Won’t use it all the time because it’s a bit finicky and I don’t always have the time to set it up. But it usually manages to catch about 75% of my pistol brass for guns that eject to the side. About 20% bounces back out on to the table or in front of the table. About 5% misses and heads to no-man’s land with maybe a couple of them found.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Sounds like mine. I started using a Caldwell brass catcher. The kind you can lay on the ground or setup on a tripod. Won’t use it all the time because it’s a bit finicky and I don’t always have the time to set it up. But it usually manages to catch about 75% of my pistol brass for guns that eject to the side. About 20% bounces back out on to the table or in front of the table. About 5% misses and heads to no-man’s land with maybe a couple of them found.

I made mine, back in the days before Calwell. But use it in the same way with a tripod. Got religion one busy range session when I couldn't setup on the right end of the line and the brass from my L1A1 forced neighbors beside me to hang a 4 x 6 piece of camo cloth to act as a brass block. Embarrassing on my part.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I made mine, back in the days before Calwell. But use it in the same way with a tripod. Got religion one busy range session when I couldn't setup on the right end of the line and the brass from my L1A1 forced neighbors beside me to hang a 4 x 6 piece of camo cloth to act as a brass block. Embarrassing on my part.

That's just part of the fun of shooting a FAL! Anyone next to you knows to give you more room in the future. :lol2:

I was at Cresap one day and the guy to the right of me just happened to be firing a CETME. Everyone to our combined right would have had a very lousy day if there weren't already deflectors in place there.

Policing brass was quite funny. We'd just grab whatever 7.62 NATO we found out front of the benches or on the ground behind them and sort them by flute marks vs extractor marring. :D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Dat price. Daym
    Are they going that high on the open gunshow/gunbroker market? I have not been paying attention.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    A little less than that. I thought those Ethiopian ones were going for $800. These are starting at basically $1300, right?

I could have sworn the Ethiopians ranged from $900 up to $1200, but I may be mis-remembering. I do know they jacked up the price as they sold them and found out that they were in rather good condition. A lot of guys on the FB collectors pages started griping about paying RTI over $1k for a beat up carbine because they had gotten to the bottom of the barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom