• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vinconco

Mar 4, 2016
    If you can pound a T Post on the berm the HANG FAST hanger is the most versatile target hanger on the market.
    https://youtu.be/TkrHM6aMrlM

Hang Fast Targets also makes a T Post stand that is armored to protect the stand and adjustable for terrain, uneven ground and hillsides to keep the T Post plumb and the target weight centered over the stand for stability.

CH2NvDy.jpg

fbEgvvp.jpg

oYwYBTU.jpg

MQdJKXl.jpg

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    Just a quick update for anyone interested- I made a lightweight portable stand out of 2x4s that worked very well. The base was 2, 36 inch 2x4's with a central brace to hold a vertical 2x4 for the target.

I shot at a reduced IPSC AR500 steel plate (the one that AGC sells) at 200 yards and it held up to numerous hits with .30-06 target loads without tipping over.

Have a pic to share?

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    If you can pound a T Post on the berm the HANG FAST hanger is the most versatile target hanger on the market.

Hang Fast Targets also makes a T Post stand that is armored to protect the stand and adjustable for terrain, uneven ground and hillsides to keep the T Post plumb and the target weight centered over the stand for stability.

MQdJKXl.jpg

What is the purpose of the tire?

vinconco

Mar 4, 2016
    What is the purpose of the tire?

The tire captures bullet fragments. This system works great in indoor ranges to eliminate damage to walls and ceiling when shooting steel targets. We also use it in our HESCO shoot house to mitigate splatter cutting damage to the wall fabric. The lead fragments are easily gathered and remelted into ingots for casting bullets, sinkers or whatever.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    I’m not sure that would fly at AGC. I don’t have the notes from my Steel Target badge test with me, but I’m guessing a T-post would be “capable of deflecting a bullet”...

Shame too, a T-post would be pretty convenient.

Attachments

• 4FCC1A60-287B-4A01-87FA-28DBDF5DF7DB.jpg
      4FCC1A60-287B-4A01-87FA-28DBDF5DF7DB.jpg
      131.2 KB · Views: 143

vinconco

Mar 4, 2016
    I’m not sure that would fly at AGC. I don’t have the notes from my Steel Target badge test with me, but I’m guessing a T-post would be “capable of deflecting a bullet”...

Shame too, a T-post would be pretty convenient.

The edge of a steel plate can deflect a bullet..... just sayin'
    Might be worth asking the RO at AGC

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom