• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Research is limited thus far, but past research has suggested that such laws can slow firearm suicides. A 2017 Duke University study of Connecticut’s risk-based gun removal law estimated that for every 10 to 20 gun seizures, one suicide is prevented.

Good grief, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but damn, how stupid does the article's author think we are? Hell, increasing the age requirement to get a driver's license will definitely save lives, but that's not politically correct.

So much for the Sanctuary County resolution passed 7 years ago.

There's no such thing as a second amendment sanctuary.. even if the Carroll county sheriff's department were to refuse to serve a red flag the Maryland State Police would certainly do it for them that goes for any place in this country. Second amendment sanctuaries are a myth. Sure the Town council or the county council could pass the resolution but I promise you even if the local constabulary refuses to act on gun control laws the state police will almost always do it for them. That's why no amount of 2A sanctuary is going to protect anyone. The vcdl made a big deal about all of the sanctuary counties in Virginia. They are absolutely meaningless

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    There's no such thing as a second amendment sanctuary.. even if the Carroll county sheriff's department were to refuse to serve a red flag the Maryland State Police would certainly do it for them that goes for any place in this country. Second amendment sanctuaries are a myth. Sure the Town council or the county council could pass the resolution but I promise you even if the local constabulary refuses to act on gun control laws the state police will almost always do it for them. That's why no amount of 2A sanctuary is going to protect anyone. The vcdl made a big deal about all of the sanctuary counties in Virginia. They are absolutely meaningless

Carroll’s “2A sanctuary” was basically just a big virtue signal.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Good grief, I know I'm preaching to the choir, but damn, how stupid does the article's author think we are? Hell, increasing the age requirement to get a driver's license will definitely save lives, but that's not politically correct.

Aren't they the party of assisted suicide? They are fine with people killing themselves, but you can't use an evil gun to do it?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    We're slowly becoming the Soviets, where the government urges citizens to squeal on one another.
    Slowly? You should see all the calls we've had of neighbors ratting out neighbors for playing outside. Hitler would be proud of the "Citizen Gestapo" brigade that the Left has become...

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Every time this law is used it should be exceptional enough to warrant an article in the paper. "Casual red flagging" that is not important enough to make the news flies in the face of the intended purpose of the law. However because the actual uses do not justify the egregious due process issues these will never make the news.

They want you to assume 97 mass shootings by mentally deranged individuals were prevented. I am willing to bet at least half of these were outright abused with the reminder being highly questionable. Please show me the every single instance this was used baltimore sun.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I recall some German government review of both Gestapo and Stasi records showed the overwhelming majority of public report initiation investigations were unfounded Karens complaining about neighbors or people trying to cover their own butts. The majority of both budgets was pure waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom