• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HPBT

Oct 15, 2020
    De.
    has PPU 7.62x39 brass case ammo now.Shippings kinda high but they are reloadable.have 15round boxes all the way up2 1560 round bulk. I bought some yesterday. This thread in right place?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have some of the old corrosive M67 surplus. It was good stuff. Currently lives in my SHTF stockpile.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I have some of the old corrosive M67 surplus. It was good stuff. Currently lives in my SHTF stockpile.

I have a mk19 can filled with that stuff...newer non corrosive stuff I believe. Can is getting too heavy to move any more.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    I have a several boxes of Spanish NATO surplus 7.62 ball ammo I've been thinking about unloading. It's older, circa 1979/1980 and is Berdan primed.

Can't find anything out there comparable to price it against. Suggestions?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have a several boxes of Spanish NATO surplus 7.62 ball ammo I've been thinking about unloading. It's older, circa 1979/1980 and is Berdan primed.

Can't find anything out there comparable to price it against. Suggestions?

****Price it super high, and offer a small discount to Biden/Harris supporters that own "Assault Rifles" that Joe/Kamala want to ban or heavily restrict. Mebbe a lightbulb will go off in their head, but there may not be a functioning bulb left.

Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    ****Price it super high, and offer a small discount to Biden/Harris supporters that own "Assault Rifles" that Joe/Kamala want to ban or heavily restrict. Mebbe a lightbulb will go off in their head, but there may not be a functioning bulb left.

I don't understand the type of people who buy firearms and think that Biden WON'T enact any sort of legislation against them. It's almost as if they're in complete denial. One of my neighbors said they bought an AR because they're afraid of Trump. I think they're in for a rude awakening if Biden wins and all of a sudden that gun they bought to "protect" themselves makes them a felon. God these people are something else. Even if they wake up out of their delusional stupor, it'll already be too late. Hell, they'll still probably think of a way to blame Trump for it.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    What the hell is 'surplus ammo'?

That implies there is too much of it somewhere.

Where is this magical place?

Under the sea ...

I once saw a lovely little newsreel from the 1950s. It showed a British destroyer, its decks stacked high with crate upon crate upon crate of surplus .303 British ammunition.

The mission of this destroyer was to get rid of all that nasty old ammo, so out they sailed into the cold, gray North Atlantic.

And when they got to the coldest, grayest, deepest part of the ocean, the sailors began - splash! - dumping all those - splash! - crates overboard - splash! splash! splash! - until it was all gone forever.

And so they sailed back to dear old Blighty and had a nice hot cuppa.

And that's where the surplus ammo is.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    A lot of Lend-Lease equipment was deep-sixed as well. Many US aircraft supplied to the Brits were dumped off of aircraft carriers as the Lend-Lease provisions required destroyed equipment didn't have to be paid for or returned...and the US didn't want the planes back...we were busy enough destroying aircraft overseas and burning PT Boats and other craft rather than bring them back.

The US Marines allegedly took many if not most of the M1941 Johnson rifles they used on Bougainville and dug a hole on a beach, dumped them in and covered them over. There was never any interest in future collectibility for military equipment outside of possibly some saved for museum purposes...especially equipment that saw action overseas.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The US Marines allegedly took many if not most of the M1941 Johnson rifles they used on Bougainville and dug a hole on a beach, dumped them in and covered them over. There was never any interest in future collectability for military equipment outside of possibly some saved for museum purposes...especially equipment that saw action overseas.

You wouldn't happen to have some Lat/Lon coordinates of that beach and a contact for a reasonable priced backhoe rental on Bouganville, would you?

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    You wouldn't happen to have some Lat/Lon coordinates of that beach and a contact for a reasonable priced backhoe rental on Bouganville, would you?

Nope...that was reported years ago by a former Marine who stated that's what they were ordered to do. Even if it would prove to be accurate, about all one would find was rust stains in the sand. That's about all that would be left.

Nice to think about, though. :)

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    I got this email today and thought I would pass it along. Interested in the 5.56 ammo sale ....hmmmm lets all my mags are all hungry for more.....

56 cpr for pmc bronze gross.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Dec 14, 2021
    A lot of Lend-Lease equipment was deep-sixed as well. Many US aircraft supplied to the Brits were dumped off of aircraft carriers as the Lend-Lease provisions required destroyed equipment didn't have to be paid for or returned...and the US didn't want the planes back...we were busy enough destroying aircraft overseas and burning PT Boats and other craft rather than bring them back.

The US Marines allegedly took many if not most of the M1941 Johnson rifles they used on Bougainville and dug a hole on a beach, dumped them in and covered them over. There was never any interest in future collectibility for military equipment outside of possibly some saved for museum purposes...especially equipment that saw action overseas.
    Lol that’s insane. Different times I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom