• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Del. Dan Cox warns of proposed changes to emergency powers HB650

Sorry, this is a Facebook video, I don't know if he has a different link. Basically the House is proposing making changes to the emergency powers given to the state during states of emergency. It is House Bill 650. It basically allows them to declate a PRE state of emergency to prepare for a state of emergency. Also proclaims it potentially changes temporary property seizures to possibly permanent open ended seizures. And of course more power to seize guns and ammo. What did you expect.
    https://m.facebook.com/story/graphq...1NDkyNzEzNzg3MzI4MTc6MjU4MTgwNTExNTQ3OTQzMw==

Last edited:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am going to pray we never get to that disgusting event , they have the power but will they use it ?? that is the million dollar question .

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    How about a pre pre state of emergency. So when they are calling for a light dusting of snow we all can be red flagged....

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Yeah and those that have permits to carry ...are told they can't carry because of this pandemic ...Like it has anything to do with anything else . SMH

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Any other place to view this warning than on a known purveyor of private information?

And why is it that public officials seem determined to use non-public means to convey information?

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    How about a pre pre state of emergency. So when they are calling for a light dusting of snow we all can be red flagged....

The whol PRE state of emergency bothers me. He says the PRE state of emergency has a time period of 7 days, but can be renewed indefinitely. It gives them all the powers they have under a state of emergency, without an actual state of emergency. So, right now it is the Coronavirus. Tomorrow, the opiod crisis. Then the Baltimore crime epidemic. And as I saw somewhere on there, didn't the NRA vs. Nagin conclude the government couldn't suspend the 2A during states of emergency? I mean, logic dictates, that's kinda when the 2A is most vital.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The whol PRE state of emergency bothers me. He says the PRE state of emergency has a time period of 7 days, but can be renewed indefinitely. It gives them all the powers they have under a state of emergency, without an actual state of emergency. So, right now it is the Coronavirus. Tomorrow, the opiod crisis. Then the Baltimore crime epidemic. And as I saw somewhere on there, didn't the NRA vs. Nagin conclude the government couldn't suspend the 2A during states of emergency? I mean, logic dictates, that's kinda when the 2A is most vital.
    The issue with NRA v Nagin lies in the fact that it was a US District Court opinion - meaning it is persuasive in court, but not binding anywhere outside of the actual court order. IANAL, and that is about the extent of my knowledge.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    577c5fcc953b4946f00db80e36845a56.jpg

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The feed from the Senate has been silent for about 30 minutes, though they're still convened. The House feed has gone silent now as well. It was working earlier. Apparently it was intentional?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The issue with NRA v Nagin lies in the fact that it was a US District Court opinion - meaning it is persuasive in court, but not binding anywhere outside of the actual court order. IANAL, and that is about the extent of my knowledge.

But it also lead to 42 USC 5207, as an update to the Stafford Act.

(a) Prohibition on confiscation of firearmsNo officer or employee of the United States (including any member of the uniformed services), or person operating pursuant to or under color of Federal law, or receiving Federal funds, or under control of any Federal official, or providing services to such an officer, employee, or other person, while acting in support of relief from a major disaster or emergency, may—

(1) temporarily or permanently seize, or authorize seizure of, any firearm the possession of which is not prohibited under Federal, State, or local law, other than for forfeiture in compliance with Federal law or as evidence in a criminal investigation;

(2) require registration of any firearm for which registration is not required by Federal, State, or local law;

(3) prohibit possession of any firearm, or promulgate any rule, regulation, or order prohibiting possession of any firearm, in any place or by any person where such possession is not otherwise prohibited by Federal, State, or local law; or

(4) prohibit the carrying of firearms by any person otherwise authorized to carry firearms under Federal, State, or local law, solely because such person is operating under the direction, control, or supervision of a Federal agency in support of relief from the major disaster or emergency.

(b) Limitation

Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit any person in subsection
    (a) from requiring the temporary surrender of a firearm as a condition for entry into any mode of transportation used for rescue or evacuation during a major disaster or emergency, provided that such temporarily surrendered firearm is returned at the completion of such rescue or evacuation.

(c) Private rights of action

(1) In general

Any individual aggrieved by a violation of this section may seek relief in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress against any person who subjects such individual, or causes such individual to be subjected, to the deprivation of any of the rights, privileges, or immunities secured by this section.

(2) Remedies

In addition to any existing remedy in law or equity, under any law, an individual aggrieved by the seizure or confiscation of a firearm in violation of this section may bring an action for return of such firearm in the United States district court in the district in which that individual resides or in which such firearm may be found.

(3) Attorney fees

In any action or proceeding to enforce this section, the court shall award the prevailing party, other than the United States, a reasonable attorney’s fee as part of the costs.

(Pub. L. 93–288, title VII, § 706, as added Pub. L. 109–295, title V, § 557, Oct. 4, 2006, 120 Stat. 1391.)

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Sorry, this is a Facebook video, I don't know if he has a different link. Basically the House is proposing making changes to the emergency powers given to the state during states of emergency. It is House Bill 650. It basically allows them to declate a PRE state of emergency to prepare for a state of emergency. Also proclaims it potentially changes temporary property seizures to possibly permanent open ended seizures. And of course more power to seize guns and ammo. What did you expect.
    https://m.facebook.com/story/graphq...1NDkyNzEzNzg3MzI4MTc6MjU4MTgwNTExNTQ3OTQzMw==

Ever since that Illinois mayor got her emergency powers to stop firearm sales I've been waiting for some infringers somewhere to move to confiscation talk. I should have known it would be those in Maryland.

:sad20:

MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    I'm always amazed when leftists believe they can enforce tyranny on a sleeping giant.

The tree of liberty must be ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom