• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    For Those of you still on Facebook-

Dels Luedtke and Lopez have a video up on Luedtke’s official FB page where Lopez discusses how she had been drafted and thrown to the wolves to be the MD Dem lead on anti-gunowner legislation, and her view of what are the priority “gun safety” legislation themes.

Luedtke has these fireside chat type videos with different radical leftist types every week or so. Lopez just happened to be one of his guests last week, it didn’t seem to be some sort of propaganda kickoff.

Luedtke(D-14) has catapulted through the ranks to become the House Majority Leader in just a few years. I don’t know Lopez’s story.

Highlights of the video-

- video is dated Jan 5 (to help locate it); best part starts at 12:05;

- Lopez is working with some sort of “hobbyist” to draft the “ghost gun” ban in a way that she says “finds the loopholes” but balances home-built firearms vs public safety. The “hobbyist” supposedly started building home-built guns about a year and a half ago;

- she didn’t really elaborate on any other specific bills for this year;

- Lopez recognizes that this area of legislation is highly technical;

- “law enforcers have trouble prosecuting cases with guns that don’t have serial numbers”;

- “gun violence prevention can’t work without talking about suicide prevention”;

- a lot of guns were purchased during the pandemic + people are struggling with increased mental health issues;

- she considers MD to “lead from the middle” when criminalizing gun owners (my interpretation of what she said about being “middle of the road” and waiting to see how other states’ laws turn out before adopting them);

- MD Dems are in routine contact with anti-gun owner groups for policy ideas, and she mentioned that MD Dems may decline the groups’ ideas for reasons like litigation risks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Great, build it after registering with the state for a serial number, and will probably require an HQL.

If it weren't for the HQL, I would not have considered 80%, if I built any, that is.

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    "- Lopez is working with some sort of “hobbyist” to draft the “ghost gun” ban in a way that she says “finds the loopholes” but balances home-built firearms vs public safety. The “hobbyist” supposedly started building home-built guns about a year and a half ago;"

Change "hobbyist" to "lobbyist" and add "working for Everytown" and you are much closer to the truth. Odds are Lee on Senate JPR will crossfile.

www.2amaryland.org

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    For Those of you still on Facebook-

- Lopez is working with some sort of “hobbyist” to draft the “ghost gun” ban in a way that she says “finds the loopholes” but balances home-built firearms vs public safety. The “hobbyist” supposedly started building home-built guns about a year and a half ago;

- Lopez recognizes that this area of legislation is highly technical

Wow.. so the "hobbyist" was friendly enough to help craft legislation that will turn him into a criminal after the expiration date. That's telling. I am going to jump off of a cliff because I know a guy that has been doing it for a year and half and says it is possible.

Lopez recognizes that this type of legislation is highly technical... but she left out the part about her lack of knowledge to be the "Skipper" without ever having sailed a boat on the rough seas of firearms laws or without owning/building a gun. Her new nickname is "Gilligan".

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    As John said above, the FB idiot committed a typographical error, the "hobbyist" (actually "lobbyist") is downloading the standard boilerplate ban language for dozens of bills from the Bloomberg Master Library.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom