• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    Does anyone know of a range or store that has an STI staccato? Im very interested in one but I need to feel it in my hand before purchasing. Im not sure if Ill like the 2011 frame. I know this is a stretch but figured Id ask.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Elite Firearms, otherwise known as BBP in Westminister.
    They are awesome, both the dealer and the firearm.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Not what I thought this thread was about from the title. Not that I could figure out why anyone would want to hold an STI. I think they should have done more research before they picked their corporate name. Maybe Googled STI at least.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    Not what I thought this thread was about from the title. Not that I could figure out why anyone would want to hold an STI. I think they should have done more research before they picked their corporate name. Maybe Googled STI at least.

I just want to hold it for a minute and pass it on to the next guy:D

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Baltimore's Best Pawn used to have some in stock. I bought one from them last year. You can PM Dan to find out. He and his staff are super nice to work with.

Cal68

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Elite Firearms, otherwise known as BBP in Westminister.
    They are awesome, both the dealer and the firearm.

Baltimore's Best Pawn used to have some in stock. I bought one from them last year. You can PM Dan to find out. He and his staff are super nice to work with.

Cal68

Or my house. I’ve put a bunch of Dan’s stock into my safe. I think I have six now. If you have ammo to expend you can shoot them if you want. Models are in 9, 10 and 45. I think I have one in 38S too.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Just show up to a uspsa match and I'll bet you find someone with one.

I've not met many people who dislike a 2011. Even if you did, you can easily sell it.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I will be shooting the 2 gun match Sunday at thurmont with my Sti 9mm eagle and others will be there if u want to fondle [the guns of course].

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If I were you, I would try on some pre owned STI's instead of the new Staccato. In MY opinion, (and the opinion of many in my circle), STI shit the bed when they changed their name and released the more expensive/lower quality Staccato line. A trip to Baltimore's Best Pawn would likely give you the opportunity to hold both the new and old, make a side by side comparison and decide for yourself.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Or my house. I’ve put a bunch of Dan’s stock into my safe. I think I have six now. If you have ammo to expend you can shoot them if you want. Models are in 9, 10 and 45. I think I have one in 38S too.
    Hmm, 45 and 38 super you say. Maybe we need to make a trade :)

We have some in stock and more in transit that should be in today or Monday.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    If I were you, I would try on some pre owned STI's instead of the new Staccato. In MY opinion, (and the opinion of many in my circle), STI shit the bed when they changed their name and released the more expensive/lower quality Staccato line. A trip to Baltimore's Best Pawn would likely give you the opportunity to hold both the new and old, make a side by side comparison and decide for yourself.

I have read the same opinion when doing some research. if its true, thats quite a shame. I remember drooling over the custom multicolor STI pistols on their website years ago

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    The new guns feel tighter and better fit to me.

Biggest complaints are lack of custom options and caliber choices. And that they slimmed the lineup so less models to choose from.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I’m very happy with mine

I have 2 2013 STIs and a DVC Carry. Only staccato I have so far is the P which I love shooting. Smooth as butter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom