• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Botfellas

Apr 14, 2020
    Urban Jungle
    So I've used the search function here and on the internet but I couldn't find an exact answer to this question. I have a regular beretta 92 fs. I know I can modify the internal components to convert this to a G model if I wanted to but could I also achieve this by replacing the entire slide assembly with a decocker only slide as well? Furthermore there are DAO versions that does not have a safety lever present at all, would I be able to just use one of those existing slides to just convert the pistol to DAO? I'm think yes but wanted to know if anyones actually tried this before I go off and buy some parts.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    The G conversation is not difficult to install. Beretta is pretty good about listing parts compatibility on their website. Their kit will work in any 92fs. Not sure why you would want a DAO Beretta, but to each their own I guess.

CIGuy

Nov 4, 2008
    Aberdeen, MD
    Just do the G conversion. Its easy. While your at it install a Langdon Tactical trigger job in a bag. Makes a world of difference in the DA pull. Mine is about 6.5 lbs and super smooth.

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Yes. you can swap a G slide onto an FS frame (for the most part), but the G conversion is more cost effective. Yes you can convert an FS to D using a D slide but you will need to remove the sear and sear spring as well as replace the hammer release lever with the correct spacer. You'll want to replace the FS hammer and hammer spring with a D hammer and hammer spring as well. The FS hammer will work, but may as well make it "correct".

If it was me, I'd just convert the FS to a G using the Beretta kit. If you're set on a D, trade into or just buy a used 92D pistol rather than dick around collecting the parts for converting an FS to a D.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    No help, but I loved shooting my issued M9 so I would second not going to DAO. I'm not sure of the 92s but the M9s double action felt very heavy.

I forsee eventually the 92s being a more sought gun at some point. I ironically dont have one, but it's on the short list. Spent all of my gun money on ammo when it was .26/rd for 5.56. .19/rd for 9mm.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Personally I hate all traditional DA/SA pistols. Double so for the M9 being the size of a 2’x4’. I’m not a big guy & had to conceal one in Mid East. However, I had a 92D Centurion which was one of the best guns I owned despite the jumbo grip (just open or occasionally off body carry). The trigger on the D is lighter , shorter & smoother. Just think of a 16 shot DAO revolver. However, the trigger is actually different so, it’s more than swapping the slide. I wish they’d make a 92M”D”

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    The trigger on the D is lighter , shorter & smoother. Just think of a 16 shot DAO revolver. However, the trigger is actually different so, it’s more than swapping the slide. I wish they’d make a 92M”D”

There is also a different hammer spring. The "D" model hammer spring is very common part to install in any 92 pistol to enhance the trigger pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom