• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The end goal of the democratic party is a complete and total ban on firearm ownership. Period, end of discussion. ANYTHING to help that goal along they will do and do with impunity. In more recent times the cat has finally come out of the bag and the secret is not a secret anymore.

Phased in through generations of continual 'progress', little here and a little there. In the modern era MD has been going at it since 1966 (77R) and most recently well known in 2013 with FSA 2013/SB 281

Wanna know why? Read my signature line...this should have been dealt with long ago...instead we sat on our hands and here we are...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    someone needs to go to walmart, bass pro, etc and take pictures of the completely empty shelves,
    Send the pics to the judiciary and ask them where we are supposed to get ammo, since this bill will stop mail order.

To quibble, it won’t. It would probably restrict it some. More from merchants not participating.

It’ll absolutely restrict who could mail order.

But if you have an HQL or any FFL, you could still purchase through mail order. Just show proof of either.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    But if you have an HQL or any FFL, you could still purchase through mail order. Just show proof of either.

Is that the carrot being dangled?
    “Since you agreed to kiss the ring in 2013, you get a pass.”

Also, most online sellers will find it easier to just deny a sale to MD.
    Why bother keeping up with our insane laws? Just deny the sale.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Rather than call and tell them how unfair this is, remind them that most of us can drive 1 hour to any state touching MD, and buy as much as we like.

Hell, I can sell it to other MDSers once I get home if I want.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    someone needs to go to walmart, bass pro, etc and take pictures of the completely empty shelves,
    Send the pics to the judiciary and ask them where we are supposed to get ammo, since this bill will stop mail order.

LOL, you think they care? They would get a woodie if they saw that!

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Hate to tell, 90% of online dealers wont care what lic you have, they wont sell to MD residents. It is not worth their time, expense and effort to set up "systems" of tracking and uploading licensees for customers of one state.

To quibble, it won’t. It would probably restrict it some. More from merchants not participating.

It’ll absolutely restrict who could mail order.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    90% of my ammo is bought online,, that will end with HB175.
    Guess my shooting will be restricted to the 7-1/2 shot 28ga that is on the shelves??

I can count on one hand the number of times I've bought ammo in Maryland.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    90% of my ammo is bought online,, that will end with HB175.
    Guess my shooting will be restricted to the 7-1/2 shot 28ga that is on the shelves??
    If it gets extended to reloading components like bullets, I'll be screwed, but typically I pick up my powder and primers out of state at gun shows.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Hell, I can sell it to other MDSers once I get home if I want.

You used to be able to do that with handguns, too. What makes you think they won't make "dealing" ammo to other people in Maryland a felony? That's just their kinda game. As in, don't give them any ideas. You already can't transfer an 11-round mag you bought in PA, they won't even blink at making sure the same rule applies to boolits.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    You used to be able to do that with handguns, too. What makes you think they won't make "dealing" ammo to other people in Maryland a felony? That's just their kinda game. As in, don't give them any ideas. You already can't transfer an 11-round mag you bought in PA, they won't even blink at making sure the same rule applies to boolits.

You’re not wrong, but they’re not dumb...they’re patient. They know all this.

Now, are we ready to get serious about Oppo research and sling mud to get bills struck down? Or are we still taking the slow, high road to re-education camps?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/pbs-lawyer-michael-beller-project-veritas-trump-voters-children

A_C

Jan 12, 2017
    Rather than call and tell them how unfair this is, remind them that most of us can drive 1 hour to any state touching MD, and buy as much as we like.

Not sure I'd want to remind them of that... we might end up with a possession ban too. Or DC's law, where you're only allowed to buy ammo calibers that match a gun that you own and have registered.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Not sure I'd want to remind them of that... we might end up with a possession ban too. Or DC's law, where you're only allowed to buy ammo calibers that match a gun that you own and have registered.

Again, you’re not wrong. But trying to minimize the hurt and playing by their rules is a losing proposition. You’re playing to minimize loss....it’s still loss. I’d rather push a lot of chips in and force them to go heavy handed than let them continue to chip away un-noticed.

A lot of these law makers have been in power for quite a while. Don’t you think there’s info about them they don’t want revealed?

Oppo research.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Correct,
    MD needs to form a Republican group that is not a bunch of "Cucks" that want to be loved by the media,,,

Again, you’re not wrong. But trying to minimize the hurt and playing by their rules is a losing proposition. You’re playing to minimize loss....it’s still loss. I’d rather push a lot of chips in and force them to go heavy handed than let them continue to chip away un-noticed.

A lot of these law makers have been in power for quite a while. Don’t you think there’s info about them they don’t want revealed?

Oppo research.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Is that the carrot being dangled?
    “Since you agreed to kiss the ring in 2013, you get a pass.”

Also, most online sellers will find it easier to just deny a sale to MD.
    Why bother keeping up with our insane laws? Just deny the sale.

Illinois residents can’t purchase ammunition without a FOID. I checked several online Ammo sellers and everyone I checked accept sales to Il, attach/email a copy of your FOID and a second photo ID to the seller and they’ll happily process your order.

I’d bet a lot most online merchants would/will do the same for MD with an HQL and possibly also an FFL (FFL-03 included).

Do I want this to pass? Heck no. But I do want to at least analyze what it likely does mean.

If you didn’t get an HQL and don’t have an FFL or a desire to spend 20 minutes on paperwork and $30 to request an FFL-03 then yes, no online Ammo sales for you and ass pain trying to buy ammo in MD. If you do have one, ring extra inconvenience. Maybe a few online places just won’t bother to sell to MD. Probably most guys will.

The bill doesn’t ban online Ammo sales.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Hate to tell, 90% of online dealers wont care what lic you have, they wont sell to MD residents. It is not worth their time, expense and effort to set up "systems" of tracking and uploading licensees for customers of one state.

Maybe you are right. But see my response above about those selling to Illinois residents. SGA Ammo does. LAXAmmo does. Target Sport. Bass pro. Cabelas.

Heck this is per AIM Surplus (yes they ship to Illinois also).

“ Some states like Connecticut, Illinois, and New Jersey require their residents to present a copy of a firearms/ammunition owners identification card when purchasing.”

I actually haven’t found a site yet that doesn’t ship to CT, Il or NJ.

So...yeah I’d bet after perhaps a few months of teething pains, almost everyone online will sell to MD residents with an HQL.

The sites handle it differently. Some you upload it to your account when you register and they keep it on file. Others you email them after you order for them to process your order. Others you attach it to your order through the website each time.

Massachusetts is the only state I’ve found where universally no one will ship to. IIRC MA does not allow online ammunition sales. Period.

sabreman61

Sep 19, 2020
    And I will go a step farther, go read Del. Atterbeary's (sponser of HB175) twitter feed,, it gives a good insite into her mind and hatred of anything not radical leftist, pro BLM, etc.
    I have 3 other letters (first letter being a "P") I would in front of her name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom