• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I am thinking of the tax burden. Between wife and I we have a decent retirement income.
    Consider the direction that PA is moving in a political sense. Your firearm rights are going to start going the way of MD, if something doesn't change. At least with WV, the WVCDL has made massive inroads on the 2A front in WV with ConCarry, Sunday hunting, NICS exemption, parking lot protections, range protection, etc...

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy

Attachments

• IMG_4806.jpg
      IMG_4806.jpg
      144.1 KB · Views: 843

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Few photos, in one area, coal just lays on the ground. Saw the box turtle wandering the woods as I was. I love being there.
    b007762b0f4ba1832b36f38ef4079168.jpg
    bc8d5e5f54c48d41a151b1b6e75c31e0.jpg
    fa036907064021e39a4638d5b23525e4.jpg
    c81a5bdc1af94918cbe61c35aee8b4e5.jpg
    08a19f3213eb855b77a81065598d6cc5.jpg

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Lumps of coal on the ground.

Being in WV, he'd better make sure he has the mineral rights secured before he starts picking those up.

(Seriously, not kidding. If you buy in WV make sure you have the land, water, timber, and mineral rights all conveyed to you, otherwise, it's a deal-breaker).

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Being in WV, he'd better make sure he has the mineral rights secured before he starts picking those up.

(Seriously, not kidding. If you buy in WV make sure you have the land, water, timber, and mineral rights all conveyed to you, otherwise, it's a deal-breaker).

If the land is over the Marcellus shale then there is a very slim chances mineral rights are still available.

I own fractions of mineral rights in 4 tracts in WV; two are currently under lease. If they ever drill I'll have enough money to run for Governor of MD. Most tracts now a days are very fragmented. Every generation splits the ownership to the heirs. The game the gas companies are playing now is: can they get together 1 square mile of mineral rights under lease. It's like a puzzle game and sometimes they cannot contact the original owner who may own a fraction of the puzzle piece they need so all the other's loose out.

That said, surface land owners are also included. Usually they give hush money to them and offer them free gas. It's not as much as the below ground rights owners but it's something. The biggest problem is if they do drill the land owner has little say in where the drilling pad, access or pipelines go through the surface. I had included in all of my leases at least 100 feet from structures.

If by some miracle the land does convey mineral rights then contact several gas firms and ask if they want to lease the rights. You are literally sitting on a gold mine if you do.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd like to know about the mineral rights and how that works also. Is it something that can be redeemed (like ground rent in the City)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom