• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    The 2021 Maryland General Assembly Bill Tracker is live and the pre-filed bills have been added. Bill text will be added as soon as it's available to us. Session starts on January 13th at noon.

Stay up to date and share the link here: tinyurl.com/guntracker

Bill text available for SB 10, SB 15, and SB 27

Last edited:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    Thanks for the info! It looks like ammo and firearms storage is on the chopping block this year. I see there are a few Favorable bills here. I will patiently wait for the text to become available.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks for the info! It looks like ammo and firearms storage is on the chopping block this year. I see there are a few Favorable bills here. I will patiently wait for the text to become available.

These are just the pre-files. Every previous year I've followed MGA, there's usually a flood of gun-related bills in the first couple weeks of the actual session.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    These are just the pre-files. Every previous year I've followed MGA, there's usually a flood of gun-related bills in the first couple weeks of the actual session.

Yes, I remember last session how they kept coming out of the woodwork as the weeks went on. I am keeping my eyes peeled this year as well. Our odds of testifying are slim to none but I am still submitting written testimony. I can't just sit back and do nothing at this point.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The pre-filed bill texts aren't up yet. All we have right now are the titles. Since HB-17 (Public Safety - Emergency Powers Limitations (Consent of the Governed Act)) is from Del. Dan Cox, you know it's going to be pro-liberty! I'm guessing this is his anti-lockdown lawsuit from Apr/May, repackaged into bill form.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Really nervous about the ammo “transfer” bill. Anyone know what HB 175 is all about?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    What is the point of HB415 and SB190? Are they hoping more people will get the MM card and not realize it’s going to cost them their right to own guns? It’s usage is still against federal law so they will still be in the exact predicament they are in now. They will have to choose between drugs or guns. Just now the state won’t be the one filling charges against them it will be the Feds for lying on the 4473.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What is the point of HB415 and SB190? Are they hoping more people will get the MM card and not realize it’s going to cost them their right to own guns? It’s usage is still against federal law so they will still be in the exact predicament they are in now. They will have to choose between drugs or guns. Just now the state won’t be the one filling charges against them it will be the Feds for lying on the 4473.

Except it still removes a state prohibition to it. Unless I miss my guess, I doubt we will go 4 years without the next congress(es) and administration decriminalizing weed.

So in the next while it likely won’t be a federal crime either.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    My guess is they combined the worst parts of the NY, NJ and CA ammo bills.

When is the rally? I believe Lawyer's Mall is finally open.

Open, or open with enforced mask wearing and social distancing? Is it really open? Who is to say? That is the question to be answered.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Users who are viewing this thread