• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I have found a Colt Model 01911 I like.

It is a Colt reproduction of a World War I 1911.

I see they have the other Colt World War I reproduction Model (Model 01918) listed on the MSP Roster but I don’t see a Model 01911 on there.

The MSP list does list a Model 01911C....but I don't know if that will cover a Model 01911

I'd appreciate any input regarding it's legality in MD - I know it's stupid, it's a 1911 but I don't want to buy it and then get hung up waiting approval.

Thanks & Merry Christmas

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 3.38.57 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 3.38.57 PM.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 345
    • Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 3.39.08 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 3.39.08 PM.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 346

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Turned out to be moot point - I bought the Colt Model 01918 WWI version instead.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 4.33.25 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 4.33.25 PM.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 223

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Nothing better to do today accept get this one out and fondle it a little bit.

Attachments

• 402BB996-F8CA-47BB-9FAF-286862BBB560.jpeg
      402BB996-F8CA-47BB-9FAF-286862BBB560.jpeg
      49 KB · Views: 183

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    Nice. Unfortunately thanks to the Cluster F which is the USPS, mine has been stuck in Illinois for a week.

I think they are trying to maximize shipments from the west, I just had an order held up there for a week but it finally came in pristine condition.
    You will love the fit and finish of this gun if it's anything like mine.

I did get this from a MD shop a while back , never thought to ask if it was on the roster.

Last edited:

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Nice. Unfortunately thanks to the Cluster F which is the USPS, mine has been stuck in Illinois for a week.

That seems to be the norm , I have a package that has been sitting in the Rochester distribution center as of today it's 14 days . There's nothing you can do , Because they pull out the Extreme Volume and Fewer people do to Covid19 they are doing all they can ,

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    That seems to be the norm , I have a package that has been sitting in the Rochester distribution center as of today it's 14 days . There's nothing you can do , Because they pull out the Extreme Volume and Fewer people do to Covid19 they are doing all they can ,

I have a custom made Remington Model 8/81 barrel nut tool that was stuck in Shreveport, LA for 18 days. Today it shows it at the Washington DC distribution center.

What kills me is they are still charging the ~$7 for priority mail knowing it won't get there in less than a week, let alone the 2 days as advertised. I sent some paper work to DNR in Annapolis from Huntingtown, MD Priority Mail and Certified. Still took 8 days to travel the 42 miles.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I think they are trying to maximize shipments from the west, I just had an order held up there for a week but it finally came in pristine condition.
    You will love the fit and finish of this gun if it's anything like mine.

I did get this from a MD shop a while back , never thought to ask if it was on the roster.

I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on it. Not really a 1911 fan but it was hole in my collection and I like that it is bare bones, basic 1911.

What magazines are you using? I ordered some genuine Colt 7-round and a couple Wilson Combat 7-round. I really don't plan to shoot it much but I want to have extra magazines in case they become unavailable with the incoming administration.

Trigger Time

Amazed
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 23, 2013
    What magazines are you using? I ordered some genuine Colt 7-round and a couple Wilson Combat 7-round. I really don't plan to shoot it much but I want to have extra magazines in case they become unavailable with the incoming administration.

That's a whole big can of worms to open as to what mags are best but I run Checkmate magazines in all of my 1911's both 45 & 9mm and have not had any reason to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom