• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Sold my Gen 3 23 because I’m trying to consolidate my handgun calibers to 45 and 9.

Picked up the 19 a few weeks ago and wasn’t to impressed with how the supposed updated trigger felt. Almost felt squishy until the break. Maybe I just expect to much from a striker fired weapon. Anyway I did some shooting with it today and I was actually surprised at the accuracy I was getting with it. I am by no means a pistol expert and for along time I struggled with my impacts being about a foot left of my point of aim. It’s my tigger pull that causes it.

I was able to consistently nail a steel bowling pin target at 50 yards. That’s if I made sure I really paid attention to bringing the trigger right to the wall if that’s what you would call it, and then let it break. It seems even the reset has some take up before the break.

Maybe it’s just something I need to get used too.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    You’ll learn it. Glocks ‘shooting low/left’ is a common complaint to new Glock shooters. All gens don’t feel the same. Practice will cure it. Good luck.....

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    You’ll learn it. Glocks ‘shooting low/left’ is a common complaint to new Glock shooters. All gens don’t feel the same. Practice will cure it. Good luck.....

Strange, my Glock’s bullets hit exactly where I pointed the barrel at the time I pulled the trigger.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    All of mine do as well, it’s a common complaint though due to the longish, relatively heavy trigger pull for right-handers.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you think your trigger press is moving the pistol to the left or right, you need to work on your grip. Your itty bitty finger should not be bullying BOTH of your strong hands.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you think your trigger press is moving the pistol to the left or right, you need to work on your grip. Your itty bitty finger should not be bullying BOTH of your strong hands.
    ^^^This
    Once I learned how to hold a handgun from the man above, I now pay zero attention to finger position on a trigger, let alone the trigger itself. It's all about proper grip.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    ^^^This
    Once I learned how to hold a handgun from the man above, I now pay zero attention to finger position on a trigger, let alone the trigger itself. It's all about proper grip.

Just to reiterate, under stress, a shooter isn't going to place that cute little first pad of the fingertip properly on the trigger.
    The finger is going to go in that trigger guard like a freshman to a prom date. :D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just to reiterate, under stress, a shooter isn't going to place that cute little first pad of the fingertip properly on the trigger.
    The finger is going to go in that trigger guard like a freshman to a prom date. :D
    It was so cold last weekend, I could not get my frozen finger out of the trigger guard without pulling my whole hand off the gun.
    :o
    And yes. People who don't shoot competitions(and those who do regularly, as well) need to understand this. There's stress...and then there's s t r e s s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom