• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Belief in the Second Amendment is not the domain of any one organization, large or small, and if the libtards somehow succeed in "defeating the NRA", that belief will only get stronger. If they cut the head (the NRA) off of the 2A movement, two heads will grow in its place, and the job of the communists will be made that much harder.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    If they cut the head (the NRA) off of the 2A movement, two heads will grow in its place, and the job of the communists will be made that much harder.

I agree. Ban Parler? Up springs Gab, MeWe and a host of others. (Not that I participate in these media.)

You would think that after 20 years of failing to stamp out militant Islamic ideology in the Middle East and elsewhere that Progs would realize that it'll be nearly impossible to kill an idea here in the "Free World" just by killing an app.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I agree. Ban Parler? Up springs Gab, MeWe and a host of others. (Not that I participate in these media.)

You would think that after 20 years of failing to stamp out militant Islamic ideology in the Middle East and elsewhere that Progs would realize that it'll be nearly impossible to kill an idea here in the "Free World" just by killing an app.

That's why they are taking away the "Free World" part.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    ****i wonder how many people on this site, let alone out in the public even know what the FPC is versus the NRA? The NRA, for all of its faults is the largest and most well known organization for firearms enthusiasts.

If the NRA falls, it will be a huge loss for firearm owners, enthusiasts, the shooting sports, and the 2nd amendment.

It will be just one less really big thing standing in the way of legislation being passed to limit or heavily curtail our rights to keep and bear arms.

Most likely nobody is coming for your guns per se as they don’t have to. Restricting ammunition sales, the import of firearms and parts, and legislation tying liability of gun manufacturers for their products are ways of back door essential restrictions that will affect everyone from the most tactical operator with the beards, tattoos, and muscles to the flannel wearing Fudd with the beer gut who likes to hunt deer and ducks, but doesn’t see why anyone needs an AR, or anything more than an old revolver and a small buck knife.

Changes in zoning can eliminate gun ranges, gun stores, warehouses that store firearm componentry, etc.. The NRA has helped slow down this process for well over 100 years now. If they fall. It’s unlikely the FPC or other such smaller organizations will be able to meaningfully influence congress to do anything that benefits us. They just don’t have the same clout, nor the name recognition, money, legislative team, etc..

We ignore the NRA at our peril. Look what has happened in the past few weeks in this country. Our comms have essentially been cut, and momentum has greatly swung to people who want to disarm us.

Do what you feel is best of course, but I’m sticking with the NRA. Biden and his cronies aren’t messing around and they now have a lot more power than they should have.

Great post!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Belief in the Second Amendment is not the domain of any one organization, large or small, and if the libtards somehow succeed in "defeating the NRA", that belief will only get stronger. If they cut the head (the NRA) off of the 2A movement, two heads will grow in its place, and the job of the communists will be made that much harder.

That's not necessarily how it will play out. If they can kill off the NRA, and have all of their drooling ferver and horsepower and gun-owner hate still boiling in their veins, what do you suppose is next? They just move their anger over to the comparatively tiny and less fearsome GOA, SAF and the rest of the more easily stomped-on little irritants and really call it a win.

Anyone who thinks they aren't already planning on just such action hasn't been watching the events of the last week or so unfold.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    The NRA pretty much did themselves in with their shaky financial dealings. They also did nothing as law abiding CCW citizens were being shot dead. As long as the SAF is still up and strong I’m ok. Thats the only 2A private organization I support.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    They also did nothing as law abiding CCW citizens were being shot dead. As long as the SAF is still up and strong I’m ok.

Because the SAF has been out there taking bullets meant for people carrying concealed? How was the NRA supposed to do something to prevent (for example) a nervous, inexperienced cop from causing what happened? Would an NRA you like better have been getting involved in training the police on tactics, the way the SAF ... doesn't? It's not at all clear how you think SAF might have protected somebody from such a tragic interaction with the cops if only the NRA were out of the way. What are you saying, exactly?

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Because the SAF has been out there taking bullets meant for people carrying concealed? How was the NRA supposed to do something to prevent (for example) a nervous, inexperienced cop from causing what happened? Would an NRA you like better have been getting involved in training the police on tactics, the way the SAF ... doesn't? It's not at all clear how you think SAF might have protected somebody from such a tragic interaction with the cops if only the NRA were out of the way. What are you saying, exactly?

I’m saying they should have been way more vocal about those incidents versus silent. In the end it’s everyone’s own choice what organization they support and NRA was but is not my choice. I’ll stick with the SAF and any other organization that actively supports the immediate end to the aforementioned.

JChris

Jan 10, 2021
    Clarksburg
    No offence to the NRA, but now that the virtual ballot box is rigged, it's much more likely that you will wake up one morning & discover that they did not take your guns away but that you voted to to give them up.

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    Just my two cents...

Don’t let ourselves be fooled, dismantling the 2nd amendment is just a box on the checklist . The agenda, I am beginning to believe, is to create, a great American society of toothless, dependent sheep.
    1. Silence those who speak truths that conflict
    2. Take from those who fight, stand and protect
    3. Give to those who don’t try, cower and expect
    4. Repress those who believe and have faith
    5. Condemn family unity as selfish
    6. Extol virtue’s and authority on those lacking prudence or fortitude
    7. Supplant our countries sovereignty and freedom with foreign characterizations.

Roksfr

Ardent Safety Training
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 14, 2020
    Southern AA
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but... I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it".
    Ben Franklin
    As long as the people that get everything for free dominate the vote, change will go in the direction preferred by the entitled.

chujohn

Dec 2, 2019
    Northern Virginia
    Don’t let ourselves be fooled, dismantling the 2nd amendment is just a box on the checklist . The agenda, I am beginning to believe, is to create, a great American society of toothless, dependent sheep.
    1. Silence those who speak truths that conflict
    2. Take from those who fight, stand and protect
    3. Give to those who don’t try, cower and expect
    4. Repress those who believe and have faith
    5. Condemn family unity as selfish
    6. Extol virtue’s and authority on those lacking prudence or fortitude
    7. Supplant our countries sovereignty and freedom with foreign characterizations.

You just made me think when they will go after the group you listed in #4. If remember during the primary a certain candidate for president (He who shall not be named), said he would support removing tax-exemptions for religious institutions who didn't support a certain viewpoint.

Why would he even need to go there? He has control of Congress and they can pretty much do whatever they please including stacking the supreme Court so no challenge to any gun control law can ever take place. I'm guessing this is nothing more than saber-rattling. That's not the way they are going to proceed. They can make the NRA irrelevant. Unless of course that's what he means by defeating them.. if that's the case no amount of money or effort by the national Rifle association is going to change the fact that the new administration along with their sycophants in Congress and the courts can do whatever they like and nothing short of revolution can change that.

tjaw

Nov 14, 2014
    Monkton, MD.
    Ditching the NRA (more than 5 million of us) is foolish in my opinion. The Swamp *fears* the NRA 'cause 5 million. Supporting or not supporting the NRA is not a binary decision. I will gladly join additional 2A-supporting organizations, such as SAF.

I am saddened about how effective the Progressives have been in dividing us. We cannot (well, we should not) be contributing to our own destruction. Trump was a voice for our Movement. The Movement does not end due to the destruction of Trump. Principled men and women need to Stand and Fight. Tea Party + MAGA is a formidable foe for the Progs. I will not take a knee or bow to the Progs; let the consequences be, whatever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom