• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Well......... I'm just enough 'not socially acceptable' to say what I feel.

May he rot in Hell.

With a pineapple. Google hitler hell pineapple

benefits-of-pineapple-1200x628-facebook-1200x628.jpg

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Already have a new Senate President since the 8th. Not likely going to be better.

Attachments

• 3F508F6C-8EED-4841-BA78-B92B1BCD53B7.jpg
      3F508F6C-8EED-4841-BA78-B92B1BCD53B7.jpg
      46.1 KB · Views: 432

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Term limits. We need TERM LIMITS. No one should be able to live their entire life off of our tax money (talking about the federal level too). in MD, there are term limits for the governor. Why not for other politicians?

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Term limits. We need TERM LIMITS. No one should be able to live their entire life off of our tax money (talking about the federal level too). in MD, there are term limits for the governor. Why not for other politicians?

Agree, wonder if we could get Steny Hoyer to write the bill ?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

The problem isn't term limits. The problem is being unable to articulate and persuasively convince enough voters in the state to move on to someone else. We don't need more laws to force something we're too demographically weak to change through the very process that kept O'Malley's designee from getting the governorship. The issue is a core concentration of well-heeled activists and voters in MoCo and HoCo exorcising their liberal guilt demons by keeping establishment Dems in power.

As a side bar, we could look at keeping the public employee unions (who rake in cash from the teachers, the firefighters, and the cops) from having the political spending power they have. Unions collecting from employees of private companies? Fine. But government employees, funding the elections of politicians who negotiate advance deals with the very unions with whom they'll be contracting once in office? No. And without those unions paving the way for them, many of the entrenched die-of-old-age-in-office perma-politicians would never be serially re-elected.

But don't kid yourself: the issue isn't the lack of term limits. It's the fact that most of Maryland's campaign financing flow and votes come from wealthy liberal enclaves. If term limits chucked out one liberal after two spins around the state house, those same people would just line up somebody even worse. The struggle is with the individual donors, voters, and enablers, not with the state constitution.

For what it's worth: if I lived in a county or district in Maryland that put somebody I really liked and respected to work in the state house, I wouldn't want to be forced say goodbye to them if they're doing the job well and accountably. Why would I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom