• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MADad

Sep 8, 2013
    Charles County
    Unfortunately, I think we should take this seriously. It’s not as if our representatives or senators will listen to us regarding any gun bills though.

Unfortunately, I think we should take this seriously. It’s not as if our representatives or senators will listen to us regarding any gun bills though.

You're right they won't but thousands of gun owners will still write them sternly worded letters. I'm not saying it's a bad idea because it puts them on notice that we're pissed off but when they ignore them and infringe when our rights anyway it's time for a more suitable action. Unfortunately that would require patriotic 1775 style actions that most are unwilling to take up.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

The thought of emailing Representative Raskin and Senator Hoyer fills me with despair and a sense of futility.

Still, filling their inboxes with correspondence will serve as an "I told you so" when people refuse to comply.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Uh, WTF? 3 Republicans are co-signers on this bill! I don't have the names.

Edit: The 3 are:

Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)
    Christopher Smith (NJ-4)
    Fred Upton (MI-6)

You guys up in PA might want to write Representative Fitzpatrick and ask him what his malfunction is.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You're right they won't but thousands of gun owners will still write them sternly worded letters. I'm not saying it's a bad idea because it puts them on notice that we're pissed off but when they ignore them and infringe when our rights anyway it's time for a more suitable action. Unfortunately that would require patriotic 1775 style actions that most are unwilling to take up.

Have you had your dose of fiber for the day, General Washington? Shitting on everyone's efforts seems to be the tact you are taking, just want to make sure you are regular.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Have you had your dose of fiber for the day, General Washington? Shitting on everyone's efforts seems to be the tact you are taking, just want to make sure you are regular.

It seems to be his favorite pastime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yankee15

Jan 21, 2021
    NGRA or NRA-ILA or Something Else?

During these very concerning political times I am planning to support some of the important pro 2A organizations. Can I get any feedback on the worthiness of some of the national and/or statewide organizations?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)
    Christopher Smith (NJ-4)
    Fred Upton (MI-6)

You guys up in PA might want to write Representative Fitzpatrick and ask him what his malfunction is.

Upton, should’ve figured. He’s voted for gun control before and was just censured by his own party. POS

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    During these very concerning political times I am planning to support some of the important pro 2A organizations. Can I get any feedback on the worthiness of some of the national and/or statewide organizations?

Nationally my first choice would be Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). Also NRA, GOA.
    Statewide MSI and MSRPA

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    This is a bad bill - it's written to not just require a background check, but require every transfer to be made through a dealer. As in, dealer must take firearm into inventory from person A, then transfer it back out of inventory to person B.

IANAL (or an FFL) but I think this is extremely burdensome - unconstitutionally so, beyond the 2A problems.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Nationally my first choice would be Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). Also NRA, GOA.
    Statewide MSI and MSRPA

I have never contributed one red cent to any politician or lobby group in my entire life. They've all proven to be corrupt or screwed up in some fashion and I figure they're wealthy enough to get along without my money.

For the first time in my life, I'm finally going to contribute money. SAF, MSI and with some reluctance, the NRA. I figure at least as a member of the NRA I might have a vote in getting WLP out and someone else in.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For the first time in my life, I'm finally going to contribute money. SAF, MSI and with some reluctance, the NRA. I figure at least as a member of the NRA I might have a vote in getting WLP out and someone else in.

NRA-PVF and NRA-ILA are still worthwhile, but you have to direct your contributions to them; just giving money to NRA is basically adding to WLP's wardrobe fund.

And no, you will not have a voice regarding WLP, no matter where you send your money, unless you're looking past seven digits left of the decimal point.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have never contributed one red cent to any politician or lobby group in my entire life. They've all proven to be corrupt or screwed up in some fashion and I figure they're wealthy enough to get along without my money.

I understand people’s hesitation about the NRA considering the WLP shitshow, but MSI and SAF are very worthy of our donations.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD

Brian Fitzpatrick (PA-1)
    Christopher Smith (NJ-4)
    Fred Upton (MI-6)

I'm sorry, but I hate them using the term "bipartsan" in the title of the bill. To me, getting a few RINOs to sign up doesn't make it "bipartisan."

Hopefully Mitch can keep his guys in line well enough to filibuster this....

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    If everybody doesn't comply what are they going to do. Lock up millions of gun owners. I say screw them like they screw us. Sorry got a little pissed. :sad20: Put nothing is going to change until the morons are voted out. They will continue to make up bill after bill after bill. Costing tons for time (which they love to waste anyway) and dough (other peoples) until their voted out.. Period. PA Fitz. I'm not a good writer but I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the names.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    PA Fitz is the epitome of RINO. I live in his district. There are a lot of NY/NJ democrat transplants and squishy Republicans that he panders to. He pretends to be a Republican for the primary election and unfortunately fools some Republicans. I have even seen him share a booth with a Democrat politician at a street fair.

Andy Meehan tried to primary him this past election but lost. Andy was a nice guy and pro 2A but we need to find someone with name recognition. I would like to see someone like Glenn Greenwald run for his House seat. We also need big advertising money for the next primary. I'm really tempted to visit every gun shop in Fitzpatrick's district to see if they will let me post info about how Fitzpatrick hurts us. He needs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom