Does anyone have any experience selling ammo on Gunbroker?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Does anyone have experience selling ammo on Gunbroker? Is there any standard language you include to be compliant with MD/Federal law?

I've successfully and compliantly sold a bunch of once-fired 357 brass. But it seems I shot-out the barrel of my 357 lever and want to unload some ammo.

Unfortunately, I can't be benevolent due to a crunchy, covid, cash-crotch-kick so I'm looking to sell on the open market.

I'm piecing it together... slowly... painfully. It seems doable but... for god's sake all this legal mumbo jumbo language is so arcane. And, all this arcane, code-word language is all mumbo jumbo.

Apologies if this thread already exists - I've searched but didn't come up with anything.

Place the ad and sell it. Make sure it is legal for the buyer to receive directly in their state. Do your homework on shipping ammo and the cost involved- ammo through USPS is no bueno. Shipping a box or two will be $$$ vs. the cost of the ammo itself.
    What are you planning on doing with your shot out .357 lever gun?:innocent0

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Run a search on Gunbroker for the ammo you're hoping to sell. Hit "watch" on each listing you would like to see the end of. This way, when it sells, you'll be able to look at MY WATCHLIST /ENDED to see what it went for, per round. Also, look for the frequent sellers of that ammo, and copy onto a Word or other document the language they used when listing it. Figure out what fits your needs. Many will list states they won't ship to, becuase of laws. They'll also warn buyers to know their state laws and to not bid if they are restricted. Then remove any language about being a business, because you are not.

Request USPS (only USPS) money orders for payment. Ask them to use Gunbroker checkout; Gunbroker now is required to collect taxes for shipments to certain states, and it's better to let them do so than for you to figure out how to collect and what to do with collected taxes.

Take good pictures of your ammo boxes and their labels, and include those photos.

Don't sign up for extras, like special fonts, etc. After all, you're trying to sell a few boxes of ammo and not a $4K firearm. Don't waste your revenue.

For less common ammo (not 5.56, 22lr, etc), try selling only a few boxes. You'll notice you won't find odd cartridges or hunting ammo being sold by the thousand on Gunbroker. Hunters, etc. might not shop that big. Also, it's better to experiment with four or five boxes, to see how it goes, than to risk giving away your ammo for nothing on a failed auction.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Yeah, thanks. I guess I'm making too big a deal about it. Just was wondering if there was any CYA standard language. I will probably copy and paste from another seller. I have the shipping figured out.

As for the rifle, I don't know. I wouldn't feel right about selling it. And I need to better understand the cost to re-barrel it.

Thanks again.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Yeah, thanks. I guess I'm making too big a deal about it. Just was wondering if there was any CYA standard language. I will probably copy and paste from another seller. I have the shipping figured out.

As for the rifle, I don't know. I wouldn't feel right about selling it. And I need to better understand the cost to re-barrel it.

Thanks again.

Here's a sample mash from Gunbroker ads:

ATTENTION: DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN TAX LAWS REGARDING INTERNET PURCHASES YOU MUST USE GUNBROKER CHECKOUT TO CONFIRM YOUR TOTAL BEFORE MAKING ANY PAYMENT. WE CAN NOT SHIP ANY FIREARM WITHOUT COLLECTING THE PROPER STATE TAX (IF ANY) FOR YOUR STATE.
    NEWEST GUNBROKER FED FUSION AD:
    Federal Fusion MSR 6.8 SPC 115gr 100rds 6.8 Ammo
    UPC:

This auction is for 100 rounds of Federal Fusion MSR 6.8 SPC 115gr ammo (5 boxes of 20 each).

There is NO RESERVE on this listing, and I do not charge CC fees. I will only accept a USPS Money Order. I will also accept Paypal or Zelle as a form of payment. If paying by credit card, after buying you will need to call me by phone so I can process your payment. ***Gunbroker Pay is the ONLY method of payment with immediate checkout on the site for me***. Prompt shipping and friendly service. Please do not bid on this item unless you are over the age of 21 & live in a state and city where it is legal to have ammo shipped to your home or business. Thank you.

I do not sell/ship to: AK, HI, CA, IL, MA, CT, VT, D.C., NY, and NJ. It is illegal to ship ammunition through USPS or to a PO Box. All ammo shipments must comply with state and local laws. ***AS OF JAN 1, 2021 GUNBROKER BEGAN COLLECTING SALES TAX FOR GA, IA, IN, KY, ME, NE, NJ & NV***

Once the auction is over, if you are the winner, I will send you an email with next steps & payment instructions. My goal is to make this an easy transaction, with the end result of you being 100% satisfied as a customer.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Place the ad and sell it. Make sure it is legal for the buyer to receive directly in their state. Do your homework on shipping ammo and the cost involved- ammo through USPS is no bueno. Shipping a box or two will be $$$ vs. the cost of the ammo itself.
    What are you planning on doing with your shot out .357 lever gun?:innocent0

Thank you - that reply was meant for you.

And Thank you mranaya.

That is where I am, I think I'm good. I wish I could end this thread here lol. I was just feeling squirrely! Thanks!

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Here's a sample mash from Gunbroker ads:

ATTENTION: DUE TO RECENT CHANGES IN TAX LAWS REGARDING INTERNET PURCHASES YOU MUST USE GUNBROKER CHECKOUT TO CONFIRM YOUR TOTAL BEFORE MAKING ANY PAYMENT. WE CAN NOT SHIP ANY FIREARM WITHOUT COLLECTING THE PROPER STATE TAX (IF ANY) FOR YOUR STATE.
    NEWEST GUNBROKER FED FUSION AD:
    Federal Fusion MSR 6.8 SPC 115gr 100rds 6.8 Ammo
    UPC:

This auction is for 100 rounds of Federal Fusion MSR 6.8 SPC 115gr ammo (5 boxes of 20 each).

There is NO RESERVE on this listing, and I do not charge CC fees. I will only accept a USPS Money Order. I will also accept Paypal or Zelle as a form of payment. If paying by credit card, after buying you will need to call me by phone so I can process your payment. ***Gunbroker Pay is the ONLY method of payment with immediate checkout on the site for me***. Prompt shipping and friendly service. Please do not bid on this item unless you are over the age of 21 & live in a state and city where it is legal to have ammo shipped to your home or business. Thank you.

I do not sell/ship to: AK, HI, CA, IL, MA, CT, VT, D.C., NY, and NJ. It is illegal to ship ammunition through USPS or to a PO Box. All ammo shipments must comply with state and local laws. ***AS OF JAN 1, 2021 GUNBROKER BEGAN COLLECTING SALES TAX FOR GA, IA, IN, KY, ME, NE, NJ & NV***

Once the auction is over, if you are the winner, I will send you an email with next steps & payment instructions. My goal is to make this an easy transaction, with the end result of you being 100% satisfied as a customer.

Perfect! Thank you! Done. I really appreciate it.

May 21, 2017
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Does anyone have experience selling ammo on Gunbroker? Is there any standard language you include to be compliant with MD/Federal law?

I've successfully and compliantly sold a bunch of once-fired 357 brass. But it seems I shot-out the barrel of my 357 lever and want to unload some ammo.

Unfortunately, I can't be benevolent due to a crunchy, covid, cash-crotch-kick so I'm looking to sell on the open market.

I'm piecing it together... slowly... painfully. It seems doable but... for god's sake all this legal mumbo jumbo language is so arcane. And, all this arcane, code-word language is all mumbo jumbo.

Apologies if this thread already exists - I've searched but didn't come up with anything.

Assuming this is .357 Mag, if you're willing to sell locally I might be interested. I have a Ruger revolver that needs some range time.

I'm in Gaithersburg. Send me a PM if this is an option. Best of luck on the sale if not.

Assuming this is .357 Mag, if you're willing to sell locally I might be interested. I have a Ruger revolver that needs some range time.

I'm in Gaithersburg. Send me a PM if this is an option. Best of luck on the sale if not.

I'm not speaking for the OP, but my policy is as follows... If I want it gone, it goes on MDS. If I want $$$ it goes on Gunbroker.
    My GB examples: 3 digit SN Flattop Blackhawk .44 Magnum, USPc .357 Sig, Pristine 9422, etc.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You don't know.

The law is have reason to believe that they are prohibited.

So young Hispanic male with MS-13 tats, would probably smart to NOT sell ammo to them. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Or you could just do like so many other sellers do , and state No Sales to Maryland . ( Equal measures of humor , sarcasm , irony , and sadness ) .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    On a more pleasant and intriguing note , I'm curious about shooting out the barell of a .357 rifle .

What kind of round count ? What handloads ?Did you borescope to confirm erosion , or just dropoff in accuracy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom