• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Didn't win anything :shrug: I look at it as a donation to the VFD.

They had 3 tables with 6 guns on each. one was $3, one was $5 and the other was $10 a chance. Once they sold 100 tickets for a table they had a drawing and the winner got to pick any gun on the table. That gun was then replaced with another and started all over again. The $3 table was mostly lower end guns and the $10 table higher end.

I couldn't believe that a Kimber 45 and a Kimber rifle on the $10 went through 9 or 10 rounds with the winners not picking either.

Your admission ticket also entered you in a drawing every 10 or 15 minutes for various guns, prizes and money.

They also had 2 50/50 raffles during the day, both ended up $1000+ to the winner.

Did I mention free beer and food all afternoon long?

Ducks Unlimited was a co-sponser and had some raffles separately for a Sig handgun, Weatherby rifle and a shotgun.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    My daughter won a Browning Maximus 12 ga. semi-auto, her boyfriends mom won a Windham AR, and another girl in their party won a 250. in cash.

They had the lucky table.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    This has been done also at the Saint Leonard Firehouse. I went the first year, did not win anything, but I was impressed by how many guns were won. I had my heart set on a Ruger 77/44 bolt gun, stainless with a laminated stock, but some other lucky fella took that home. Didn't go second year, just takes so long from one drawing to another, all day affair.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ok, I'm sure that method works, but that's different from what I usually see/ told of.

Semi-expensive ticket up front. Drawing every ( either 10 or 15min) all day. Optional side drawings with individual cash tickets.

You can win if not present. If you are present food, and sometimes beer is provided , included in price of basic ticket.

Popular with VFD's , as they typically already have a large Hall to hold the event . Also seen put on Elks lodges, Vetran groups, gun clubs, etc. They're big up in Pa .

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    This has been done also at the Saint Leonard Firehouse. I went the first year, did not win anything, but I was impressed by how many guns were won. I had my heart set on a Ruger 77/44 bolt gun, stainless with a laminated stock, but some other lucky fella took that home. Didn't go second year, just takes so long from one drawing to another, all day affair.

Yesterday was noon until 4:00. By 4:00 it was getting old sitting around, also the crowd was thinning out so it was taking longer to sell each group of tickets

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Firehouses in/near Frederick do these also.

We've got some old friends that live up there, and we take a ride up and have dinner and "play the raffle".

Typically, they sell the tickets that includes "dinner for two", and the chance(s) to win some nice rifles, shotguns and archery gear.
    Meals are typically roast beef, ham, corn on-the-cob (in season), scalloped potatoes, cole slaw, potato chips, green beans. Cookies for dessert.
    Beer, soft drinks, tea, lemonade, water, to wash it all down.

250 tickets are sold, with one ticket being raffled off is a guaranteed winner.
    They also have "pull tabs" and the winner gets either $300 cash or any firearm that's on a table, set aside.
    The last two times, they've had a Maryland Compliant AR-15 side raffle, too.

They call out a winner, every 25 numbers pulled.
    They also put all of the "losing numbers" back in the hopper, and then have a "loser's drawing" and that is usually a really nice rifle.
    (For the loser's drawing, you must be present to win. One night, a guy's name had been called, and he had left 5 minutes before this drawing (had to go to work!). Since he had left, they drew again.

These raffles benefit the fire department/rescue squads.

Over the years, I've won 8 or 9 rifles/shotguns.

Last August, an elderly couple won SIX rifles/shotguns in ONE NIGHT!!!!!!!!! (From the raffle tickets and the "pull tabs".)

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    Didn't win anything :shrug: I look at it as a donation to the VFD.

They had 3 tables with 6 guns on each. one was $3, one was $5 and the other was $10 a chance. Once they sold 100 tickets for a table they had a drawing and the winner got to pick any gun on the table. That gun was then replaced with another and started all over again. The $3 table was mostly lower end guns and the $10 table higher end.

I couldn't believe that a Kimber 45 and a Kimber rifle on the $10 went through 9 or 10 rounds with the winners not picking either.

Your admission ticket also entered you in a drawing every 10 or 15 minutes for various guns, prizes and money.

They also had 2 50/50 raffles during the day, both ended up $1000+ to the winner.

Did I mention free beer and food all afternoon long?

Ducks Unlimited was a co-sponser and had some raffles separately for a Sig handgun, Weatherby rifle and a shotgun.

Kimber rifle was 270. Not sure what handgun was but I have NO USE for 270

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom