• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    He will get a full truck inspection of what left light brakes tires etc. If his paperwork and logs didn't burn up they will be Checked and depending on officer cross checked with any fuel food toll receipts according to what he logged

Just a dump truck for a local contractor doing driveways etc. Not like an OTR driver. I don't know if they even leave St.Mary's Co.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Was it a pick up truck, I thought I read that it was a Mitsubish Lancer that collided with the asphalt truck? Not that it really matters in the end.

I am glad there were some good samaritans handy who were able to help out. In today's day and age, it's refreshing to hear of people who will respond to something like that.

I drove that road today, going southbound, if the tire marks on the road were the ones from the accident, they traveled a long ways after impact before going off the road!!!

I hope that dump truck driver heals up both mentally and physically. It's a damn shame he will have to live with this memory.

From what I heard it was a pick up. Not much left of what ever it was. I also read this morning it was a car.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    From what I heard it was a pick up. Not much left of what ever it was. I also read this morning it was a car.

I guess in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. I just wish he hadn't hurt someone due to his being an idiot.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    He will get a full truck inspection of what left light brakes tires etc. If his paperwork and logs didn't burn up they will be Checked and depending on officer cross checked with any fuel food toll receipts according to what he logged

You cannot stop being stupid.

Logs for a local dump? Post crash Level 1? Depending on officer?

When is the last time you handled a crash in this county? As a road Trooper? On a crash team? DOT Level 1 inspector? Go to court on any of these issues?

Seems one member here has very credible info. Your speculation is eggregious.

Please. Stop with the lies. Many folks seek out MDS as a true news source. Go write for your local NBC or rag.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I guess in the grand scheme it doesn't really matter. I just wish he hadn't hurt someone due to his being an idiot.

It could be a medical type event... but rarely would that stand as the cause or manner of death in this situation. You hope folks are behaving but it seems the evidence is otherwise.

Truly, all are victims.

Sorry to hear the driver had to go back and help clean up. Miserable idea. Give the guy a long weekend and let him refocus...not a shovel and have him clean it up.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    It could be a medical type event... but rarely would that stand as the cause or manner of death in this situation. You hope folks are behaving but it seems the evidence is otherwise.

Truly, all are victims.

Sorry to hear the driver had to go back and help clean up. Miserable idea. Give the guy a long weekend and let him refocus...not a shovel and have him clean it up.

You are right, I'm basing my feelings on the subject from a more emotional standing, which I usually try hard not to do.

On another forum I pop in on sometime, some folks pulled his name in case search and he had a rather extensive history. It ran the gamut from drug incidents to vehicle incidents and based on that, I jumped to the conclusion he was driving like a jackass on purpose, even though I have no real basis for that conclusion.

For some reason this accident really got to me. I didn't know anyone involved so I have no personal stake in it. But, it still got to me. Don't know why?

Jul 1, 2012
    For some reason this accident really got to me. I didn't know anyone involved so I have no personal stake in it. But, it still got to me. Don't know why?

Probably because like me you have good friends/co-workers that drive that section of road every day...

Hopefully the dump truck driver can take some small solace in knowing if the other vehicle hadn't hit his dump truck, it potentially would have killed several more people.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Probably because like me you have good friends/co-workers that drive that section of road every day...

Hopefully the dump truck driver can take some small solace in knowing if the other vehicle hadn't hit his dump truck, it potentially would have killed several more people.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

There was one yesterday that a truck on 495 rolled onto a pickup , all in pickup were ok

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

Truly, all are victims.

It wasn't the driver who had to go clean up, a very good friend who works for the same company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom