• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Jesse Peed’s website is http://peed4statesenate.com/ where you can donate or volunteer. His Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/JessePeed/. You can also contact the campaign at jesse@peed4statesenate.com

Excellent!

This guy has my attention.

Here is a snip from his campaign website:

Issues
    Have you ever looked at a map of your district? (See the map at Southern MD Districts.) Does it look like a preschooler randomly drew the lines using a crayon. With no term limits it is too easy for the districts to be manipulated. This needs to be changed so the districts are drawn more fairly.

Why do we have representatives longer than some of the voting population has been alive? There are no term limits! Mike Miller has been in office for 46 years. It is time for fresh respective in Annapolis. I believe elected positions should be a privilege not a career choice.

We need to save our hardworking taxpayers incomes. Government spending needs to be reduced by cutting waste and fraud. This will enable us to have lower taxes, while stimulating the job market. The current tax climate penalizes business from creating jobs, and paying a livable wage. Citizens are also faced with a stark choice, slowly go bankrupt from excessive taxes and a high cost of living, or leave the state.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I'm not so sure. I once thought the lines were much more restrictive than they actually are. I have been schooled by members here, and some others now that have greatly improved my understanding of the Hatch Act.

If you are interested, I'm happy to put you in touch with others that know much more informed than I am about these technical and important issues. I strongly encourage you and others in this forum, especially those that want to run as Democrats against the worst of them. If you can win in the Democrat only Primary Election (see Operation DINO), you stand a tremendous chance of winning in the General Election.

Also, I have 'heard' there's a good chance Miller may not run, or if he does, will not be up to par; and that Busch is in much worse shape. Starting to sound to me that the winds of change are happening. I credit the great work of so many Patriots in this once Great State, together, lets make her Great AGAIN!!

I have an opinion from the Federal Elections Commission stating I can run. They said I cannot declare a party but I had to run as an Independent. But I said "Independent" is a party. They said "yea," but Independent will work. I ot this opinion twice because I ran for an office previously.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have an opinion from the Federal Elections Commission stating I can run. They said I cannot declare a party but I had to run as an Independent. But I said "Independent" is a party. They said "yea," but Independent will work. I ot this opinion twice because I ran for an office previously.

Thanks for running. Most districts in this I95 corridor it helps to have a D after your name. Want to post some registration & voting history data from your district for us here?

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Not my district, but I'd be honored to contribute to his campaign war chest. If others across the state would do the same we might have a real shot of draining some of the Annapolis swamp.

Mr H

Banana'd

In Maryland, it would be "Unaffiliated", as the American Independent Party (last I knew) is listed on election forms.

Hope that helps.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Not my district, but I'd be honored to contribute to his campaign war chest. If others across the state would do the same we might have a real shot of draining some of the Annapolis swamp.

Instead of draining some of the Annapolis swamp, the operation is more like pumping out the cesspool. The MGA has been getting away with their monkeyshines for too long because all eyes are focused on our next door neighbor, Congress. Face it, the DMV Corridor is DC'a bedroom. And there's an incestual relationship between Congress and the MGA in that the MGA relies on Congress to supply the money for the Free Sh1t Army stuff, while our Congresscritters rely on the MGA to deliver the votes needed to keep them in DC forever.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The American Independent Party failed to file the necessary paperwork with Maryland a cpl years ago . Previous Independts who didn't change registration to another Party became Unaffiliated by default .

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

Many Republicans, and even more Democrats are sick and tired of the Mike Miller and Mike Busch show; and want some real CHANGE in Maryland.

Politics as usual in Maryland is no longer acceptable.

People here have said that for years. If it were true, they'd be gone already.

At best, their constituents are ignorant or complacent. At worst, they support them.

synuepka

Mar 1, 2013
    Hard to see Peed having a chance in this district against Miller. Miller's campaign burned around $1.1 million during the 2010-2014 cycle and had $700k on hand in January 2017. Peed's campaign committee has only managed to collect $3,989 from inception in 2014 through today, with no new funds since late 2014.

Voter breakdown doesn't look good either:

2014 Democrat Voters: 26,008
    2014 Democrat Turnout: 49.7%

2014 Republican Voters: 15,224
    2014 Republican Turnout: 60.6%

2014 Unaffiliated Voters: 5,353
    2014 Unaffiliated Turnout: 36.7%

Candidate Vote % Votes
    Mike Miller 62.5% 28,667
    Jesse Peed 37.5% 17,168

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Hard to see Peed having a chance in this district against Miller. Miller's campaign burned around $1.1 million during the 2010-2014 cycle and had $700k on hand in January 2017. Peed's campaign committee has only managed to collect $3,989 from inception in 2014 through today, with no new funds since late 2014.

Voter breakdown doesn't look good either:

2014 Democrat Voters: 26,008
    2014 Democrat Turnout: 49.7%

2014 Republican Voters: 15,224
    2014 Republican Turnout: 60.6%

2014 Unaffiliated Voters: 5,353
    2014 Unaffiliated Turnout: 36.7%

Candidate Vote % Votes
    Mike Miller 62.5% 28,667
    Jesse Peed 37.5% 17,168

Were the governor to make Miller a part of his plan to flip five seats (a dubious prospect at best, bordering on laughable), methinks his fundraising numbers would go up quite a bit.

Miller's beatable, it's just a matter of the extent of resources that the MDGOP and/or the RNC want to dump into a race with an entrenched, formidable Democrat.

Easier to pick lower hanging fruit and go from there. Then again, it's not like the MDGOP has (ever had) a plan, so who knows. They knock off Miller and keep Hogan in the State House, we might actually have some fun in 2018 and 2019.

I'll be over here, though. Hopeful, but not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom