• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    1. 1972 IS a 3 Screw .
    2. Just like 3 Screw Blackhawks there is a wide range in prices for 3Screw Single Sixes . I know , I went thru a cpl yrs semi seriously searching for one ( 5.5in Convertable ) with the proper intersection of price and condition, until getting lucky with a 6.5in during the FSA run up .

3. Go to the Ruger collector forum , they follow and discuss such things .

Pictured gun is NOT a 3 screw.
    IIRC, the Single Six became a New Model before the Blackhawks....

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    1. 1972 IS a 3 Screw .
    2. Just like 3 Screw Blackhawks there is a wide range in prices for 3Screw Single Sixes . I know , I went thru a cpl yrs semi seriously searching for one ( 5.5in Convertable ) with the proper intersection of price and condition, until getting lucky with a 6.5in during the FSA run up .

3. Go to the Ruger collector forum , they follow and discuss such things .

If the referenced revolver is the OP's revolver, his is a new model. Manual and there are only two pins in the frame of his revolver. 1973 is acknowledged year for introduction of the New Model revolvers. But if the OP's recollection of buying the revolver in 1972 as stated, he has a very early transition period New Model. By modern nomeclature it would be a Super Single Six since it has adjustable sights. The early build date could put a premium on the value. I am sure it would when collectors snap up all the 3 screws in the world. Personally, I would assess it around $400 given the early gunbroker info and this early build.

Nice to read a bit of history like this. Thank you for the posting, OP. Nice revolver. They are fun guns. I have an early 60's convertible with fixed sights.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Ruger lists the intro of the New Model Single Six as 1973, beginning with serial number 62-00001.

It would seem reasonable that these new models were perhaps phased in. Certainly a New Model is pictured. It also seems reasonable that OP may well have made his purchase in 1972, as he states. Especially very late in 1972, if a phase in did in fact occur.

A look at his receipt (if available) would certainly clarify his purchase date. A look at the serial number will dictate just how early a New Model he has.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom