• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gjohnsonoc

Feb 18, 2013
    OCMD
    have a G19 but was looking for either swapping or adding the Magnum Research baby eagle. Anyone have any comparisons? As in worked with both

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Which Baby Eagle? Their have been like three or four generations of them by now. The first couple generations were IMI/IWI Jerichos. If you're going to buy a Jericho, I'd just buy it straight from IWI. The newest generation is made by BUL (in Israel), and they are de facto successors to the BUL Cherokee and BUL Storm, both of which are perfectly good pistols. (BUL also makes their 1911s, incidentally.)

All of these are DA/SA pistols, which are a totally different game than a Glock 19's striker-fired pseudo-single-action system. I would probably spend some time considering what you actually need out of your pistol, and let that drive the purchase decision.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    posting this thread once is interesting.

twice is a bore.

OP, next time, if you aren't getting the attention you think you deserve, just post in your own original thread, mmmmkay?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If it's a swap, stick with the glock. It's tough for any other pistol to compare to the market support built around glocks. You will never have trouble finding parts, holsters, lights that fit...etc. If it's an addition... They're one of many good guns out there right now.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If it's a swap, stick with the glock. It's tough for any other pistol to compare to the market support built around glocks. You will never have trouble finding parts, holsters, lights that fit...etc. If it's an addition... They're one of many good guns out there right now.
    The P320 is a better buy at this point, IMHO. And I say that as someone who owns like four Glocks and a bunch of other Glock mag products.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I agree. A Glock is a hammer. It's a rock. It's relatively inexpensive and always goes bang. It is not a piece of art. It's a bludgeon. Easy to accessorize.

MDShooter20850

May 3, 2017
    Rockville, MD
    The P320 is a better buy at this point, IMHO. And I say that as someone who owns like four Glocks and a bunch of other Glock mag products.
    I own both, and agree. Yes, I can find just about anything to add to the G19 to customize it. But, I have 3 different calibers to choose from in my P320. That can come in handy when specifIc calibers are rare to find. I also shoot it better, and find that the aftermarket isn’t all that bad. It’s a matter of preference for anyone, I suppose, but the rationale that I listed above suits me best. That is, until the next best thing comes along...

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For the second thread on same topic , it would have been better to ask for comparison of actual CZ vs EAA Witness vs Baby Eagle .

I Like the grip shape of CZ/ clones , and don't like P320 . But that's my hands, your hands may vary .

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    I like heavy guns, and so I have 2 Jericho 941s...pretty much the same as baby eagle. Mine are both the nid-size all steel versions in 9 mm and 45 acp. Love them both. I don't own a glock. I have a friend who does and I shot it a few times. Not impressed at all. Glock, not my thing.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    My steel frame Baby Desert Eagle is extremely accurate due to the low recoil. It’s made by IWI and imported by Magnum Research. It was my last minute before the HQL purchase at the end of September 2013. At first everyone thought you had to take possession before October 1st. When that last minute interpretation came out from MSP, I went out and snatched it up.

Kevingston

Dec 19, 2019
    Central MD
    I had a baby eagle and never had a single issue. If modifications aren't a factor and you're just gonna use it as-is, I'd say go with baby eagle. If you like to tinker then Glock will give you more options.

sickpuppyz

your mom sends me care packages
    Jun 14, 2020
    MoCo
    there are plenty of aftermarket parts for Jericho (baby eagle). They are made with a combo of tanfoglio and CZ parts. I have swapped springs, plenty of holsters available, sights, triggers, hammers, etc. You just have to know where to look as in do a bit of research and there are forums and videos where you find everything you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom