• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    ceramic

I heard of a prototype that uses a carbon fiber barrel but there is still enough metal in the chamber to set off a metal detector.

There are rumors of a person running a ceramic polymer as a projectile, but nothing has come up anywhere, so it is just rumors. Nothing more.

supposedly, from what I heard it is to keep it cool and together, a la space shuttle due to the heat the firearm can generate.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hahaha

Why didn't you say something yesterday when you called Einstein? We were in my truck driving back from visiting the Hooligans when you called. I could have given a extra one to Einstein, to pass along to you.

I should have. Damn. Hope you can show pics of your As-007 at one of the shoots.....

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I'll take care of you.

Thanks for letting me take a look at this fabled system. I can tell by the components that besides a few items this gunmaker could make a killing by just offering the FCG and hopper loading mechanism. Everything else is fairly easily fabricated from parts at Home Depot or Lowes. Hardest piece to get right would be the barrel put if you do not need the telescoping feature the heavy duty black pipe at HD or lowes is a good starting point. the "rifling" jig I made has done wonders with the consistency of the bore. I recommend cutting the barrel threads after running it through the "rifling" jig. That way if you screwed up with the jig it will be obvious when cutting the threads. Let me know I bought enough components from home depot that I can get at least 5 or 6 receivers done. I have my aeronautics engineer buddy looking at the FCG and hopper loading mechanism. His initial guess is he might be able to recreate a good bit of it but we might be restricted to magazines only, he said something about a flux diode control circuit in the hopper. My eyes glazed over and was worried maybe every 88 rounds the thing would start time travel or something. When you come over he can explain the major difficulties.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks for letting me take a look at this fabled system. I can tell by the components that besides a few items this gunmaker could make a killing by just offering the FCG and hopper loading mechanism. Everything else is fairly easily fabricated from parts at Home Depot or Lowes. Hardest piece to get right would be the barrel put if you do not need the telescoping feature the heavy duty black pipe at HD or lowes is a good starting point. the "rifling" jig I made has done wonders with the consistency of the bore. I recommend cutting the barrel threads after running it through the "rifling" jig. That way if you screwed up with the jig it will be obvious when cutting the threads. Let me know I bought enough components from home depot that I can get at least 5 or 6 receivers done. I have my aeronautics engineer buddy looking at the FCG and hopper loading mechanism. His initial guess is he might be able to recreate a good bit of it but we might be restricted to magazines only, he said something about a flux diode control circuit in the hopper. My eyes glazed over and was worried maybe every 88 rounds the thing would start time travel or something. When you come over he can explain the major difficulties.

When I come over, are you up for a special project? I'm thinking about doing a ultra accurate AS-007 build. May want to have your engineer come over when I run it past you. Get his insight on it.

Oh, I have some hoppers for you. The place I go for all my AS-007 stuff happened to give me 20 prototype hoppers. The hoppers now can hold up to 250 rounds, with a possibility of 300+ in the future. The guy we know told me to get 10 to you for T&E. The guy also have me 30k rounds and another 30k for you. Once we get done doing T&E on the hoppers, he'll give each of us another 30k rounds.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    When I come over, are you up for a special project? I'm thinking about doing a ultra accurate AS-007 build. May want to have your engineer come over when I run it past you. Get his insight on it.

Oh, I have some hoppers for you. The place I go for all my AS-007 stuff happened to give me 20 prototype hoppers. The hoppers now can hold up to 250 rounds, with a possibility of 300+ in the future. The guy we know told me to get 10 to you for T&E. The guy also have me 30k rounds and another 30k for you. Once we get done doing T&E on the hoppers, he'll give each of us another 30k rounds.

They are just inherently ultra-accurate, no special mods required. The RPMs are so fast with the turbo-charger that all the bullets just come out before you even have time to feel any recoil.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    They are just inherently ultra-accurate, no special mods required. The RPMs are so fast with the turbo-charger that all the bullets just come out before you even have time to feel any recoil.
    I'm going to try to take it to the next level for accuracy. If I can make this work, I'll help members achieve the same thing.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Guys, I just heard that the AS-007 factory was raided by the ATF this morning! Apparently they're going after the proprietary capacitors that allow the AS-007 to sustain such a high rate of fire. The company was selling plans for them online so that guys could potentially retrofit their (now illegal) AR14's from ban states into perfectly legal AS-007s. What a shit show. Molon Labe.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I did 2 from 80% receivers. One in 5.56 and one in .50 Beowulf. The 5.56 is ridiculously quiet suppressed. Like “Jesse James made the suppressor” quiet. All you hear is the firing pin drop until the en bloc clip goes “ping!!!”

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I did 2 from 80% receivers. One in 5.56 and one in .50 Beowulf. The 5.56 is ridiculously quiet suppressed. Like “Jesse James made the suppressor” quiet. All you hear is the firing pin drop until the en bloc clip goes “ping!!!”

The fact you have the clip tells me that you didn't get the hopper working on your 80%, either.

That seems to be the sticking point on the 80% - that d*mn hopper.

Hopefully those guys upthread get it reverse-engineered. Then its fun, fun, fun, 'til ATF takes the t-bird away...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The fact you have the clip tells me that you didn't get the hopper working on your 80%, either.

Hopefully those guys upthread get it reverse-engineered. Then its fun, fun, fun, 'til ATF takes the t-bird away...

How can they take away an open source 3D printable design that has multiple paths to being a functional firearm?

As stated many times already, the hopper completely effs with my brain. I don't understand how it could possibly work.
    I understand it isn't a magazine, so it skirts the high capacity laws, but the feed system blows my mind. I need to see one operating in person to try to wrap my head around this.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

After our chat. My engineer buddy is looking into the rapid cooling ad going to see if he can find something with a good coefficient at normal temps. He thinks he has something that will cool the whole system down and get it to 99% accurate on follow up shots. He did a rig with some liquid CO2 he had and from a bench rest out 1000 yards he almost stuck 2 beowulf rounds through the same hole. He thinks the system does not need such extremes so he is going to test a few things. But he thinks to save weight we may need to go no hopper and try the collapsible mag. As for the hopper issue he is almost there for the non-cooled systems. He said the manufacturer uses a special flux diode but was able to work around now he is torture testing to see if his work around will hold up.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    After our chat. My engineer buddy is looking into the rapid cooling ad going to see if he can find something with a good coefficient at normal temps. He thinks he has something that will cool the whole system down and get it to 99% accurate on follow up shots. He did a rig with some liquid CO2 he had and from a bench rest out 1000 yards he almost stuck 2 beowulf rounds through the same hole. He thinks the system does not need such extremes so he is going to test a few things. But he thinks to save weight we may need to go no hopper and try the collapsible mag. As for the hopper issue he is almost there for the non-cooled systems. He said the manufacturer uses a special flux diode but was able to work around now he is torture testing to see if his work around will hold up.
    Let me know when he's ready to link up and we can all discuss some ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom