• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Fair deal? Define that please. In a free market a fair deal is availability at the market price. In 2 months when the Dems start some serious gun/ammo legislation I suspect the fair market price may be significantly higher.

^^^^^^^^^^ highlighted in bold just to drive it into everyone^^^^^^^^

I've said this on multiple threads. Prices are right when things sell slow enough to maintain some stock on the shelves. I'm not talking about boards and nails before a hurricane here.

I think some deals will be on the flea market type tables for nick nacks.

At least the girl that sells the sugar coated pecans has not raised her price that I can recall.

funshowmd

Feb 4, 2021
    Had another question about what people sell at MD gun shows. Is 556 M855 allowed at MD gun shows? I can't seem to find a straight answer trying to google it since it might be considered armor piercing?

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Looks like the building is mostly full, not sure on vendor selection. Come by and see us at the show! We will have a fair amount of inventory available there!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I don't understand the draw to gun shows right now. Is it that people fear that guns and ammo will not be available in the near future? Or do they really just have a need to buy? I haven't heard of anyone getting a fair deal on guns and ammo at these shows. I know things are crazy and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel but if you put in some time you can do better buying at other places.

I know several folks, including myself that have found great deals at the various gun shows since the middle of last year. Most don't talk about them because they were a one item thing or a one time deal. You go you look, you haggle, you know how much you are willing to spend in this climate and go from there.

It really is that simple.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Had another question about what people sell at MD gun shows. Is 556 M855 allowed at MD gun shows? I can't seem to find a straight answer trying to google it since it might be considered armor piercing?

M855 is NOT armor piercing and gets sold all day long at the shows.

M995 on the other hand, is actual armor piercing 5.56 ammo.(It can be sold as well) If it doesn't have a black tip, it is NOT armor piercing.

Andywhale

Aug 25, 2020
    Howard County
    I know several folks, including myself that have found great deals at the various gun shows since the middle of last year. Most don't talk about them because they were a one item thing or a one time deal. You go you look, you haggle, you know how much you are willing to spend in this climate and go from there.

It really is that simple.

That’s really good to know.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Glock 19 kits $600
    22LR is here but 16-25 cents a round
    Primers $20-100
    There were some misc powders for $30/lb including WST and 231 but going fast

Got here 10:00 and plenty of people walking out with ammo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I picked up pistol powder at $30/lb
    Replica Civil war cartridge box and belt to go with my Enfield replica. Extra long sleeves for the Muskets and some mauser cases
    Oh and of course the coated Pecauns.

Hunted for a good target 357 but did not see anything I liked better than what I have seen at a local gun shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Went and done. Bought a bag of the covered nuts but nothing else.

Was extra special leaving as some "special" guy in a truck thought that parking on the side of the county road right at the exit with AMMO FOR SALE was a good idea. Blocked traffic quickly and was an accident waiting to happen. The world is full of interesting people........

Prices were what I expected. Some powder there.

Got to sign the petition to get the Sanctuary County BS which the Cty Ex pretty much passed under the cover of darkness to be put on the ballot. So, the people will actually get a say in it. So, if you're a HoCo resident it is worth signing that if you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom