• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Not sure if they really needed this.

I love my Hellcat for EDC. Never thought of hanging more off of it.

4691465a7e1b1ecf868b260d924a2e0c.jpg

[The new Hellcat RDP builds on the success and popularity of the original Hellcat OSP micro 9mm with the addition of a 3.8″ threaded barrel and an included Self Indexing Compensator. Compact and capable, the compensator vents gas from the barrel to significantly reduce muzzle rise and felt recoil. Made of lightweight 8082 aluminum, the compensator features a patented self-indexing mounting system that ensures the port is correctly oriented every time. That means it’s a breeze to install or remove with no need for shims or tools.

Also debuting today is HEX optics by Springfield Armory. Direct-mounted on the slide of the Hellcat RDP is the all-new HEX Wasp red dot, utilizing the Springfield Micro footprint made popular by the Hellcat OSP. The ruggedly built, IPX7 waterproof-rated Wasp features an aluminum body and an anti-glare-coated glass lens, and its low-mount design means it can co-witness with the handgun’s fixed tritium/luminescent front sight and Tactical Rack U-Notch rear sight.]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    That looks tough.
    I'm no pistol or carry expert, but I don't want to carry that much.
    Relatively compact, thin, 9mm and no gadgets for me.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Bit of gain if that is a std threaded barrel under the brake.

One is often better to buy what they can handle rather than try to brake things or load them light to suit one better. More of an issue with a rifle than a handgun but if you need the brake you may really be better served with a .380.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Kinda defeats the purpose?? it is no longer a "Micro Compact"
    Just buy a regular compact and it won't have the "kick" the Hellcat does.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Kinda defeats the purpose?? it is no longer a "Micro Compact"
    Just buy a regular compact and it won't have the "kick" the Hellcat does.

Agreed. This is a marketing gimmick. Maybe if I lived in an OC state the extra inch in length wouldn’t be a big deal, but at that point you might as well wear a G19.

Personally I like my Hellcat. The grip on the is pretty sold with the 12 round mag. I find that it’s easier for me to hold steady than the Glock 43.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you don't like the comp, just yank the thing off. This kind of gun seems pretty ideal to carry. I would say red dots are the future of handguns... but they're already proven. There's no getting around that this gun has big-gun capabilities in something much smaller and easier to carry.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I saw a version of a new hellcat in American Rifleman last night thats a 14 rounder. ill have to check1 out. I'm not sure what version it was ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom