• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thank you for taking the time to write this. Yeah, I saw some on xtreme but they want 60 dollars per 500 of the 147 grain round nose 9mm. They then tack on 21 dollars to ship if you order 1,000, totaling 141 dollars.

I thought that sounded high, but wasn’t sure.

It is fairly high. They aren't obscene with some of the prices I've seen. It was back in the fall they went from fair, but a little high and than jacked up their prices to very high, but not quite obscene.

If you have never ordered from Xtreme they give free shipping to first time buyers.

https://www.xtremebullets.com/category-s/48392.htm

With free shipping $60 per 500 for 147gr isn't that bad. Also isn't great either. If you need the heavier weight, I'd go for it personally. Just a question of do you get 500 and keep the price low, or get a bunch because free shipping. I hate getting a ton of something until I know how it works in my guns. I've got 1k Berry's .312" and my Zastava model 70 needs it loaded REALLY short because of the shape of the ogive (really fat and short). My Cz50 can load it to proper COALs. The issue is when loaded short for the 70, it jams up on the feed ramp sometimes coming out of the magazine for the first couple of rounds out. So using those bullets I have a choice of loading them for my model 70, or my Cz50.

Fortunately I have a neighbor and friend who shoots 327 mag and got 1k .312" TMJ awhile ago. I grabbed a few bullets from him in swapping some .451" FMJ 230gr. They look like a more "proper" and sharper ogive. So I think they'll work well for both guns and he is fine trading out my plated for his TMJ since he doesn't generally load those lighter bullets for his 327 and the ogive shape doesn't really matter for feeding in a revolver and wouldn't be loading it so hot that a velocity limit of ~1200fps would matter much to him.

I am just glad I only picked up 1k berrys .312" 71gr and not several boxes of it when I could find it back in the spring. Really sunk the lesson home to try something before you buy a bunch if at all possible (that said, I've certainly bought 2k of some bullet without trying it first, because that is what was available).

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    It is fairly high. They aren't obscene with some of the prices I've seen. It was back in the fall they went from fair, but a little high and than jacked up their prices to very high, but not quite obscene.

If you have never ordered from Xtreme they give free shipping to first time buyers.

https://www.xtremebullets.com/category-s/48392.htm

With free shipping $60 per 500 for 147gr isn't that bad. Also isn't great either. If you need the heavier weight, I'd go for it personally. Just a question of do you get 500 and keep the price low, or get a bunch because free shipping. I hate getting a ton of something until I know how it works in my guns. I've got 1k Berry's .312" and my Zastava model 70 needs it loaded REALLY short because of the shape of the ogive (really fat and short). My Cz50 can load it to proper COALs. The issue is when loaded short for the 70, it jams up on the feed ramp sometimes coming out of the magazine for the first couple of rounds out. So using those bullets I have a choice of loading them for my model 70, or my Cz50.

Fortunately I have a neighbor and friend who shoots 327 mag and got 1k .312" TMJ awhile ago. I grabbed a few bullets from him in swapping some .451" FMJ 230gr. They look like a more "proper" and sharper ogive. So I think they'll work well for both guns and he is fine trading out my plated for his TMJ since he doesn't generally load those lighter bullets for his 327 and the ogive shape doesn't really matter for feeding in a revolver and wouldn't be loading it so hot that a velocity limit of ~1200fps would matter much to him.

I am just glad I only picked up 1k berrys .312" 71gr and not several boxes of it when I could find it back in the spring. Really sunk the lesson home to try something before you buy a bunch if at all possible (that said, I've certainly bought 2k of some bullet without trying it first, because that is what was available).

Yeah, I’m looking at 147 grains to run suppressed :). I haven’t run any flat nose through the stribog yet, but I hear they don’t care for flat nose bullets. That’s why I’m looking to stick to round nose.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, I’m looking at 147 grains to run suppressed :). I haven’t run any flat nose through the stribog yet, but I hear they don’t care for flat nose bullets. That’s why I’m looking to stick to round nose.

Yup, I get that. Only 147gr I have are XTP right now. I prefer a 115 or 124gr. No pistol caliber suppressor for me though. It is up next. If NFA timing runs to what it seems to for me, my .30 cal can should break NFA jail probably around April or May. If congress insists on giving us more stimulus money, mine is going partly to a .45 cal suppressor (as if the gun industry needed more stimulus the last 12 months :sad20:)

But I'll worry about that later. I mean, not a LOT later, but bullet still aren't super rare yet. Pretty confident I could grab 500 or 1000 147gr, though if I order a suppressor I'll grab bullets next, not wait till it clears NFA jail. I've got plenty of 230gr for shooting .45acp suppressed (though I need a threaded G21 barrel. I do have a threaded G17 and G34 barrel).

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Wowza thems some expensive plinkers. Not even SS109 bullets.
    SS109/M855 bullets are hot garbage accuracy-wise, and unusable for shooting steel. Hard pass unless you somehow have a use case for the penetrator aspect.

If these were ever released in quantity, I'd seriously think about moving over to them. But telling people they should buy a bullet that's in limited production and out of stock is not terribly helpful advice.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    SS109/M855 bullets are hot garbage accuracy-wise, and unusable for shooting steel. Hard pass unless you somehow have a use case for the penetrator aspect.

If these were ever released in quantity, I'd seriously think about moving over to them. But telling people they should buy a bullet that's in limited production and out of stock is not terribly helpful advice.

Released in quantity? When they first released them it was somewhere around a million bullets if I remember correctly. There were 29,000 available last night so obviously someone is buying them. And they come back in stock pretty regularly. Also I never said SS109 were accurate, just that they demand a higher premium vice a 16 cpr 62 grain plinker. JFC people can't read anymore apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom