• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I’m still on the edge of my seat waiting for your plan...

Shitting on the efforts of others isn’t a plan. Can’t say something nice? STFU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Well, when we saw Del. Henson backpedaling as she introduced her ammunition regulation bill, it was rewarding.
    That wasn't backpedaling...that was grenade dropping and running like hell...

ETA - I think I have a better comparison: she just dropped a "flaming poo bag" in the laps of the Judiciary, then ran like hell because she was afraid of the stench...

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Did she not get up and leave her computer in the middle of HER bill's debate??

That wasn't backpedaling...that was grenade dropping and running like hell...

ETA - I think I have a better comparison: she just dropped a "flaming poo bag" in the laps of the Judiciary, then ran like hell because she was afraid of the stench...

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Did she not get up and leave her computer in the middle of HER bill's debate??
    Truthfully, unless the sponsor is a member of the committee, this happens on almost every bill in the MGA. The sponsor presents the bill with their proponent panel and typically leaves as soon as the panel is done being questioned by the committee.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Truthfully, unless the sponsor is a member of the committee, this happens on almost every bill in the MGA. The sponsor presents the bill with their proponent panel and typically leaves as soon as the panel is done being questioned by the committee.

Still weak.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Still BS. I think that every committee member should be required to stay for all of the testimony. Don’t like it? Get a different f’ing job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    There is also the legality of the MGA introducing legislation to restrict a "God given and constitutionally confirmed" right,, while blocking the "serfs" from testifying in person, or at all.
    Frosh's opinion is irrelevant and politically motivated.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    It shows zero respect for the process or the others in the discussion. And as far as I am concerned, respect is something you earn and Henson did not do that with her childish move.

Late reply, but depending on what other hearings were going on, she may have had to return to her committee for hearings there. As for the JPR members, some of them come and go because they have bills of their own to talk about. Most of the time it is not about disrespecting those speaking for/against a bill, but rather making sure the business of the legislature goes on.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So you admit your constantly playing defense..So how long do we play? it's been over 40 years...do we do this forever? Or until we are hopelessly defeated...because you can't win playing defense. ANY infringement is a loss...what you are saying is the same as a football team congratulating themselves for only losing by a field goal...YOU STILL LOST

And to answer my own question "how long do we play...do we do this forever?" the answer is nope...eventually most of America will be "woke" and the American gun owner will be such a pariah no one will dare challenge the government. WE are the last best effort. And here we sit...writing letters that fall on deaf ears and fill the circular file...

You were given a chance to lead, I even started a thread so you could share your ideas and help people build them, but you really didn't step up after the ideas were put out there, all yo continue to do is shit on people and threads, that are at least doing something, other than posting ideas.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I think some of that is virtue signaling. I don't really care about the eating, I get it. I also get some mask wearing zooming from their office if staffers are in and out, but at your home, 100% virtue signaling.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think some of that is virtue signaling. I don't really care about the eating, I get it. I also get some mask wearing zooming from their office if staffers are in and out, but at your home, 100% virtue signaling.

Could be she or someone in her family was exposed. Dunno, I've got enough other things to dislike them for to wonder if they are virtue signaling or if they have a legitimate concern.

On a separate note, any idea on committee votes coming up or anything else like that? I know plenty of time till Sine Die, but does seem like the hour is getting late for the various bills to move if they don't soon.

Doctortoxic

The Dose Makes The Poison
    Apr 18, 2019
    CalvinBallistan
    Could be she or someone in her family was exposed. Dunno, I've got enough other things to dislike them for to wonder if they are virtue signaling or if they have a legitimate concern.

On a separate note, any idea on committee votes coming up or anything else like that? I know plenty of time till Sine Die, but does seem like the hour is getting late for the various bills to move if they don't soon.

Here is the list of dates. The next big one is 3/16/21. Committee report dates.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/pubs-current/current-session-dates.pdf

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Right but my douchebag Democrat crystal ball is broken right now so all I can do is go by the dates the SAY they will abide by.

Committee meeting times and dates shift all the time. I suggest you keep your eyes on their schedule at least daily if you want to not miss the changes. That's not even a guarantee.

I've had this happen. You take off work, show up to testify, and end up spending 6 hours longer in waiting for the meeting to even start. The time was changed on the day of the hearing! Be prepared to dedicate a whole day for your participation in the process.

Their past actions demonstrate that they do not abide, but they do demand that we do.

For example, in the past, we show up to testify and expect to get our 3 (sometimes 5) minutes. Instead, they grant us 1 or 2 minutes. How generous of our benevolent rulers to not cut us completely out of the process.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    For example, in the past, we show up to testify and expect to get our 3 (sometimes 5) minutes. Instead, they grant us 1 or 2 minutes. How generous of our benevolent rulers to not cut us completely out of the process.

There's a greater issue here. The reason we only get 1-2 minutes of testimony time is because of the crush of legislation being debated. Our state legislatures passes several hundred new laws each year. It's insanity, trying to legislate every single facet of human behavior. A lot of it is simply political theater, meaningless "apostrophe laws."

Our state, our nation needs to re-think the idea of "legislation." Our politicians are just writing useless legislation to appear "productive" and to pander to squeaky portions of their constituency.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    There's a greater issue here. The reason we only get 1-2 minutes of testimony time is because of the crush of legislation being debated. Our state legislatures passes several hundred new laws each year. It's insanity, trying to legislate every single facet of human behavior. A lot of it is simply political theater, meaningless "apostrophe laws."

Our state, our nation needs to re-think the idea of "legislation." Our politicians are just writing useless legislation to appear "productive" and to pander to squeaky portions of their constituency.

Having worked in Annapolis as a staff member (Deputy Chief of Staff) to a Delegate, this is no where near the reason they keep reducing the time they provide us to testify. They reduce the time for us to testify because they really don't want to hear from us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom