• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 28, 2019
    Get a Harbor Freight app on your phone ASAP! The cashier can scan your phone at checkout for the applicable coupons. I never, ever pay full price at HF

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I can’t find the app for HF. Is it in the App Store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    I can’t find the app for HF. Is it in the App Store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure about for Apple, I have android and in the Google play store I simply type Harbor Freight and pick this one.
    f5e14b099b890896c4629cc7ed4a33ce.jpg

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    3 free things? Thought it was only one per purchase? ?

I bought multiple items

You got away with it.

It's usually one free item per transaction (some cashiers/managers will restrict to one per day).

Additionally it is usually 20% a single item, not every item.

Heck, back in the day of the HFT Wild Wild West, they had NPR freebies. Those were the good old days.

bigjoegood1

King Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2005
    Behind enemy lines
    You got away with it.

It's usually one free item per transaction (some cashiers/managers will restrict to one per day).

Additionally it is usually 20% a single item, not every item.

Heck, back in the day of the HFT Wild Wild West, they had NPR freebies. Those were the good old days.
    With the app I think the cashier usually doesn't care, they only have to scan the barcode and if it takes, it takes. If it doesn't, I don't b!tch about it. So far I've been fortunate that they've all been accepted no problem everytime I use my app. . I've been using the app in this manner consistently for the last 6 months

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Thanks for the info hitwtom (& others). Took a detour on my way home this evening and met up with Mrs. GnR for "Harbor Freight & Lobster" in the dorf. Picked up a 16T pipe bender @ 20% off (his) and got the free light (hers). Yes, the Mother's Day miracle begins early this year! :D

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I hit up Harbor Freight today in Waldorf to grab a bunch of moving dollies. I've never been to this store before and my only previous experiences have been Glen Burnie which is generally bad, and Catonsville, which I would say is average for what you would expect at say Home Depot or Lowes.

So, back to the reason for this post about the Walford Store. I have to say the customer service there is exceptional, I mean first class exceptional. The store was pretty busy today, there could have easily been 30-40 people shopping. I was looking for moving dollies and found some that I liked. When I started to grab a few, I had accidently knocked over a stack of smaller dollies that crashed to the floor. Someone came over and immediately apologized and said "It's OK, these thing's fall over all of the time, you, know stacking things with wheels on the bottom usually doesn't work out very well". I helped clean them up and re-stack them and while doing so, he asked me what I needed and I explained I needed 12 of the larger size but they only had 6 on the floor. He said, I'm pretty sure we have plenty on the back. A few minutes later another store employee walked by and saw me standing around and she asked me if I needed something. I explained that I was being helped already and that someone was checking if they had dollies in the back stock. She said "OK, let me see how it's going" about 1 minute later she came back with a stack of them, still in the boxes on a large cart. She said she could take them up front or if I had more stuff to shop for, I could just use the stock cart. I meandered around the store for a few more items and I couldn't find any 5 gallon buckets. Another woman saw me and asked if I needed help, and I said, "Yes, I'm looking for the red 5 gallon buckets" She said Isle 1. I explained that's where I thought they would be, but I couldn't find them. So she followed me there and said "hum, looks like they are all gone, I'll be right back" She tracked me down a few minutes later and asked me how many I needed. When I got to the checkout, all of the registers were busy, and then one opened up at the far end of the line i was standing in. A young man waved me over, and helped guide my big cart over to his checkout. He was very polite and peasant during checkout. Then as I was leaving, it was raining pretty hard. I asked if I could leave my cart inside of the store, until I could pull up my car. When I got my car in front of the store, the same checkout person and I believe one of the stores managers, moving my cart from inside of the store to my car. As soon as I opened the rear hatch they were already unloading it unto my car.

OK I live in in Howard County, you know the "Choose Civility" county. I've been here for over 20 years and I cannot every say I remember any over the top customer service shopping experience like this ever!

Say what you want to say about their products, but someone at this Store is doing a great job building a culture of excellent customer service and I thought it should be commended somewhere. I'm going to copy and paste this message into an email, to their management offices, if I can find some sort of link.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Waldorf and great service usually dont go with each other in the same sentence... Glad you had a good experience and come to think of it I have not had a bad experience in that store since it was a Burlington.

I hit up Harbor Freight today in Waldorf to grab a bunch of moving dollies. I've never been to this store before and my only previous experiences have been Glen Burnie which is generally bad, and Catonsville, which I would say is average for what you would expect at say Home Depot or Lowes.

So, back to the reason for this post about the Walford Store. I have to say the customer service there is exceptional, I mean first class exceptional. The store was pretty busy today, there could have easily been 30-40 people shopping. I was looking for moving dollies and found some that I liked. When I started to grab a few, I had accidently knocked over a stack of smaller dollies that crashed to the floor. Someone came over and immediately apologized and said "It's OK, these thing's fall over all of the time, you, know stacking things with wheels on the bottom usually doesn't work out very well". I helped clean them up and re-stack them and while doing so, he asked me what I needed and I explained I needed 12 of the larger size but they only had 6 on the floor. He said, I'm pretty sure we have plenty on the back. A few minutes later another store employee walked by and saw me standing around and she asked me if I needed something. I explained that I was being helped already and that someone was checking if they had dollies in the back stock. She said "OK, let me see how it's going" about 1 minute later she came back with a stack of them, still in the boxes on a large cart. She said she could take them up front or if I had more stuff to shop for, I could just use the stock cart. I meandered around the store for a few more items and I couldn't find any 5 gallon buckets. Another woman saw me and asked if I needed help, and I said, "Yes, I'm looking for the red 5 gallon buckets" She said Isle 1. I explained that's where I thought they would be, but I couldn't find them. So she followed me there and said "hum, looks like they are all gone, I'll be right back" She tracked me down a few minutes later and asked me how many I needed. When I got to the checkout, all of the registers were busy, and then one opened up at the far end of the line i was standing in. A young man waved me over, and helped guide my big cart over to his checkout. He was very polite and peasant during checkout. Then as I was leaving, it was raining pretty hard. I asked if I could leave my cart inside of the store, until I could pull up my car. When I got my car in front of the store, the same checkout person and I believe one of the stores managers, moving my cart from inside of the store to my car. As soon as I opened the rear hatch they were already unloading it unto my car.

OK I live in in Howard County, you know the "Choose Civility" county. I've been here for over 20 years and I cannot every say I remember any over the top customer service shopping experience like this ever!

Say what you want to say about their products, but someone at this Store is doing a great job building a culture of excellent customer service and I thought it should be commended somewhere. I'm going to copy and paste this message into an email, to their management offices, if I can find some sort of link.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

Hey now, I always got super exceptional service at the Qdoba on 40/St Johns Ln. Loved/miss that place!!!!

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    OK I live in in Howard County, you know the "Choose Civility" county. I've been here for over 20 years and I cannot every say I remember any over the top customer service shopping experience like this ever! ...

Shhh. Little secret: THE FURTHER SOUTH YOU COME, THE BETTER IT GETS! :party29: :party29: (with exceptions for any urban areas :sad20: (G’boro, Atlanta, etc.)

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I don't know what it is about Waldorf, but my experience has been that most of the big chain stores there are better than St.Mary's. Lowes down here is a dump compared to Waldorf, same with Aldi's and several others. I would have expected the opposite. Supposedly we have a Harbor Freight coming down here soon and I hope they don't end up the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom