• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    We can laugh all we want, but JB is probably the most electable of all the candidates. He's the only one that concerns me so far.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    We can laugh all we want, but JB is probably the most electable of all the candidates. He's the only one that concerns me so far.

I realize he's a Democrat, but even he will have some 'splaining to do about the millions in sweetheart deals he coerced the Ukraine to give his son while he was VP.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    The Dems will brutalize him in primary. The more the merrier as far as I’m concerned.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Of course the cherry picked polling is out and shows Biden with a significant national lead over Trump. Why? Because people don’t actually KNOW anything about Biden, and they think they know what the MSM is harping on about Trump (the Mueller report DOES show Russian collusion! There are ten counts of obstruction of justice!).

Trump’s going to have to go on a charm campaign for those independents.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    I realize he's a Democrat, but even he will have some 'splaining to do about the millions in sweetheart deals he coerced the Ukraine to give his son while he was VP.

Really? Who is going to challenge him on that, the media??

Laugh all you want about Joe B but if he chooses Moochelle Obama as his running mate he will be hard to beat.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD

I dunno. He has the same lack of respect as HRC from the Dem's that would rather stay home than to vote.

I think his entry into the fray will be as good for Trump as Ross Perot was for Slick Willy.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Shotgun Joe is 100% electable. Dems wont stay home and let Trump win, they hate him too much.

The issue for Joe is that the Dem primary rules mean other candidates like Sanders can rack up a lot of delegates. The delegates will be allocated more proportionally to the votes than the GOP primary, where there are a lot of winner take all states. It will be a brokered convention, brokered by the party elites. Sanders will get a lot of votes/delegates. But who knows what comes out of that and whether voters will feel burned.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Shotgun Joe is 100% electable. Dems wont stay home and let Trump win, they hate him too much.

The issue for Joe is that the Dem primary rules mean other candidates like Sanders can rack up a lot of delegates. The delegates will be allocated more proportionally to the votes than the GOP primary, where there are a lot of winner take all states. It will be a brokered convention, brokered by the party elites. Sanders will get a lot of votes/delegates. But who knows what comes out of that and whether voters will feel burned.

Do you think Sanders popularity will take a hit after he endorsed Clinton when he was knocked out of the last election?

I know a couple Bernie fans I used to work with who said they were done with him after that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Do you think Sanders popularity will take a hit after he endorsed Clinton when he was knocked out of the last election?

I know a couple Bernie fans I used to work with who said they were done with him after that.

Given how almost the entire Dem party is running to the left to out-Sanders Sanders, I think he's already won.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

That pissed off a lot of his voters back then. They hated that he endorsed a war monger who controlled the DNC and cheated him out of the nomination. But Trump derangement may be more powerful than that anger in a general. But I assume it would keep a lot of people at home.

But he really put his foot in his mouth this primary, going more identity politics crap and saying that terrorists should vote. Who knows though?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008

Agreed. The only thing that will work against him is he's a straight white male and a signficant part of the party doesn't want that.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That pissed off a lot of his voters back then. They hated that he endorsed a war monger who controlled the DNC and cheated him out of the nomination. But Trump derangement may be more powerful than that anger in a general. But I assume it would keep a lot of people at home.

But he really put his foot in his mouth this primary, going more identity politics crap and saying that terrorists should vote. Who knows though?

It's important to recognize the completely out of proportion power that the far-left crazies will have in the primaries. They definitely don't represent the larger party and certainly not the independents. But they will have an outsized impact on the race because they're the agitated (and often professionally paid) squeaky wheels that will drive the primary process. I'm rooting for Bernie in this case. Because he will alienate the election-swaying independents and normal people.

Biden is just too blathery of an empty glad-handing suit, which of course makes him the perfect blank canvas on which uninformed Dems with an allergy to the far-left insanity will paint their perfect imagined candidate. He can't possibly rise to the level of their expectations, but his utility as a paint-by-numbers place holder for the TDS crowd could be very powerful. So let's all get behind the insane lefties! That's the path to Dem self destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom